Afterall.... is Steven Seagal legit or not?

Charlitos1988

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I mean can he fight in reality?

I don't mean against pro MMA fighters but maybe against your average Joe but of Seagal's weight? or maybe against amateur fighters?

He's a fraud.

The average sherdogger could beat him up.

As legit as it gets

He's the man. But he's old and fat. But I believe a guy who's trained as much as he does has SOME crafty tricks up his sleeve

He's a fraud.

The average sherdogger could beat him up.

smug-geek.jpg

Ya ill fuck his shit up.

Actual footage of Seagal being a hero.
Steven_Seagal.gif

He does a lot of in-pocket jointlock shit, he would mangle the average douche in a streetfight.

There's also the video of him specifically working on improving the power of Anderson's frontkick, a video which was put out there right BEFORE the fight with Vitor.

For as much as we can laugh at Seagull - and we can laugh - he is legit. Lots of people can't accept that but as usual, the truth is more complicated.

It's 2014 and people are still questioning Master Seagal's legitimacy? smh

You ever seen an Aikido demonstration? It is to martial arts what Air Supply is to rock n' roll.

hell no. aikido??? seagal would get his ass kicked if he fought in the ufc. i know the ufc aren't amateur fighters, but it's one of the best environments to test your fighting skills.

Last edited:
He does a lot of in-pocket jointlock shit, he would mangle the average douche in a streetfight.

There's also the video of him specifically working on improving the power of Anderson't frontkick, a video which was put out there right BEFORE the fight with Vitor.

For as much as we can laugh at Seagull - and we can laugh - he is legit. Lots of people can't accept that but as usual, the truth is more complicated.

I honestly think that anyone with decent boxing or wrestling can beat him up. He definitely knows some things but his martial art is rather impractical.

Well, he did teach Andy that kick...

Segal to me is most likely a guy that poured his youth and young adult into Aikido, was legit within that World, caught on as an actor and is now not particularly that legit.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see him training it. I think he developed a big head when he caught on and has coasted on his image since the 90's.

I honestly think that anyone with decent boxing or wrestling can beat him up. He definitely knows some things but his martial art is rather impractical.

Depends what you mean by decent. In any case, no shame in getting beat up by a decent boxer or wrestler. They are not the average person.

There's also the video of him specifically working on improving the power of Anderson's frontkick, a video which was put out there right BEFORE the fight with Vitor.

You are playing fast and loose with the word "legit". Mangling the average douche makes you legit? Is Billy Blanks legit? Kimbo Slice? I would take Kimbo over Seagal in a heartbeat. Kimbo at least has the stones to fight somebody. It's pretty well documented that Seagal snuck out the back door when Van Damme got sick of his shit-talking and told him to step outside.

I don't know if he was ever good enough to be a legit competitive martial artist or ring fighter, but a prime Seagal would knock the piss out of an average guy. He's a big dude with knowledge of how to actually hit someone. I don't consider myself a total badass, but with just my HS wrestling background I'm blown away at how pathetic the average guy is. Knowing how big of pussies that most of my friends are, I would say master segal would beat their asses even being old and fat.

I wouldn't know if he is a legit fighter. I am sure that he could do some damage if you let him dictate an encounter. But he certainly wears makeup and dyes his hair. Probably wears a toupee as well.

He's world class swag. If u noticed, Anderson Silva quit training with Sensei Seagal before the Weidman fight. Thats why Anderson lost both fights, he didnt train with the master Seagal.

[YT]nkskuSXqUD0[/YT]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back