Afterall.... is Steven Seagal legit or not?

You are playing fast and loose with the word "legit". Mangling the average douche makes you legit? Is Billy Blanks legit? Kimbo Slice? I would take Kimbo over Seagal in a heartbeat. Kimbo at least has the stones to fight somebody. It's pretty well documented that Seagal snuck out the back door when Van Damme got sick of his shit-talking and told him to step outside.

They are all legit as in better than average fighters when compared with random douches.

Regarding your sig, Bas is the most legit and would rape them all.

Need I say more

steven_seagal_shots_kids.gif

Seagal wanted no part of Van Damme. That to me says he's either a fraud or a gigantic puss or your average dude who knew he couldn't handle prime Jean Claude.

I'd imagine he could beat the average Joe of similar age and size. He's a guy who's studied ways to hurt people for decades. Most average Joes don't do that. That Anderson video, while ridiculous and unrealistic, demonstrates that he even if his technique is misguided, he still knows how to hurt somebody. I don't think an average Joe would've known how.

He's like a 6th degree black belt in akido alot of those moves are illegal in pro mma but he would fuck average people up.... Also whoever mentioned Billy Blanks before he was the excercise guy he was a legit karate point fighter

His cardio must be stellar with that keg of beer he's carrying around in his belly..

You are playing fast and loose with the word "legit". Mangling the average douche makes you legit? Is Billy Blanks legit? Kimbo Slice? I would take Kimbo over Seagal in a heartbeat. Kimbo at least has the stones to fight somebody. It's pretty well documented that Seagal snuck out the back door when Van Damme got sick of his shit-talking and told him to step outside.

Shows that SS is not stupid.. Van Damme especially back then was a beast of an athlete who likely would have kicked his head off..

Aikido is not well suited for MMA, but don't get fooled by the youtube videos, an aikido master can fuck people up. People take dives during aikido training because you won't be a training partner for long if you don't learn how to fall with the take down.

Yes, here's an actual fight clip taken by a patron at a restaurant.
StevenSeagalWillSasso.gif

Seagal wanted no part of Van Damme. That to me says he's either a fraud or a gigantic puss or your average dude who knew he couldn't handle prime Jean Claude.
Van Damme was drunk. Seagal didnt want to embarrass him

Seagal is a fraud for the most part.

1. He's never competed and tested his skills against other fighters.

2. Van Damme called his ass out at a Stallone house party, going so far as to go outside and wait for Seagal for hours. Seagal never came outside. Seagal made a good choice in avoiding the sure ass kicking he was going to take.

3. I suppose Aikido has some uses against unskilled, ordinary people that have never fought in their lives but mainly it's just useless and requires the cooperation of the attacker.

4. Seagal is a huge guy. He tall and appears to be huge bone structure-wise. But also he's a fat ass and you can tell his cardio is crap.

5. Seagal talks too much about how great his skills are, despite no evidence that he has any skills other than filling his gut with massive quantities of sugary pastries. That's a sure sign he's insecure.

I believe Gene LeBell

Look what happened to Anderson as soon as he stopped training with Sensei. He was probably fed up of of Segal schooling him, but you gotta embrace the grind.

I'm willing to bet Seagal beats at least a few fighters by being an actual martial artist. Probably loses to most, including some "brawlers" who would overpower/outgun him.

He probably beats most people in street fights. Like another poster said above, he's been doing martial arts a long time, and was very dedicated. He probably has a few tricks up his sleeve.

For being the only foreigner who can teach Akido in JapanI'm sure he can hold his own. however, he acts like a tool anymore and those yellow shades ...... lol

Seagal is legit. It takes the bigger man to walk away from a drunken, punk kid like Van Dumb. If you think he is fake, assault him in public and see what happens to you.

Aikido is about as useful as ballroom dancing in a fight.

For being the only foreigner who can teach Akido in JapanI'm sure he can hold his own.

No, he was the first foreigner to operate an Aikido dojo in Japan. And he didnt even really do that. He just married a Japanese woman who already owned one.

He's a total fraud.

Back