Afterall.... is Steven Seagal legit or not?

Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida would have been nothing without Master Seagal.

He showed them his deadly techniques.

Seagal wanted no part of Van Damme. That to me says he's either a fraud or a gigantic puss or your average dude who knew he couldn't handle prime Jean Claude.

While its a rumor, even assuming its true Seagal could have just been the better man and walked away. There's no shame in avoiding a physical confrontation if you can.

Havent you seen any of his movies? The dude is legit. He trains the same thing for all of his movies. And he has done alot of them.

Well, he did teach Andy that kick...

Segal to me is most likely a guy that poured his youth and young adult into Aikido, was legit within that World, caught on as an actor and is now not particularly that legit.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see him training it. I think he developed a big head when he caught on and has coasted on his image since the 90's.

did anderson really not know that kick? it just looked like some weird self promotion + trolling + happenstance to me.

He's world class swag. If u noticed, Anderson Silva quit training with Sensei Seagal before the Weidman fight. Thats why Anderson lost both fights, he didnt train with the master Seagal.

[YT]nkskuSXqUD0[/YT]

he's got a really weird running style. it's like half girl, half unathletic dork, half awesome all rolled into a hundred and fifty percent piece of hollywood bullshit.

Need I say more

steven_seagal_shots_kids.gif

Gets me everytime.

Seagal wanted no part of Van Damme. That to me says he's either a fraud or a gigantic puss or your average dude who knew he couldn't handle prime Jean Claude.

I didn't know there was a "prime" Jean Claude

He never fought JVD so I take Chuck Norris over seagal any day

While its a rumor, even assuming its true Seagal could have just been the better man and walked away. There's no shame in avoiding a physical confrontation if you can.

but Seagull started talking bad about Van Damage... that's not a gentleman manner.

oh its true, it was at Stallones house party, stallone who wasn't drunk and has no reason to lie said the same thing van damme did, seagal was being rude by saying how great he is and that he could beat anyone up, thats when van damme asked for a friendly challenge and seagal snuck out the back door. And it makes sense because its expected seagal would get scared we all know how delusional he is and happens to think he has some awesome reputation that will get ruined if he fights and loses and since his sparring consists of tossing asians half his size that let him do it I would think he wants nothing to do with a legit kickboxer. As far as i can recall he only does demonstrations hes never actually fought anybody... oh except for lebell who choked him out in 6 seconds supposedly then seagal said he wasnt ready and 6 seconds later he was choked again except this time he pooped himself. I saw that interview he had with the voice where he says van damme and other martial artists who have actually fought shouldn't even be considered martial artists.... I remember reading about seagal breaking sean connery's wrist on a movie set and sean was in lots of pain and seagals like don't worry its not broken then after abit sean went to the doctor and found out it was broken and that it would of been better if he fixed it right away LOL I wasn't surprised.

did anderson really not know that kick? it just looked like some weird self promotion + trolling + happenstance to me.
anderson does the same kick in his instructional video made atleast 2 years before he kicked vitor. Seagal started training with anderson right before the 1st chael fight. In this first interview seagal explains that chael will be andersons easiest opponent yet lol, thats when anderson lost his p4p spot I think. Then machida trained with him before the rampage fight lol I really hope it wasn't because they were trying some shit from seagal lol
h5AA67D73

If thats how he ran when he was skinny I can imagine now but seagal don't have to run away from shit according to him hes always armed. seagal is the funniest guy I know thats actually not intentionally trying to be funny.

Last edited:
By most accounts he is a legit Aikido practicioner.

Of course Aikido is pretty specialized. So no he's probably not "legit" as an MMA fighter but he's good at his one art

Anderson lost as soon as he stopped training with seagal.

Seagal probably would not have him after the first performance he put on anyway.

Back