After UFC 51 when Tito beat Vitor...

This. Anyone bashing or discrediting him is just bleeding from their vagina, Vitor deserves major props, one of the all time greats.

he still fights like a 20 yrs old.

I think he deserves to be considered among the all-time greats (although not at the top). He has wins over a lot of good fighters (Wand, Couture, Hendo, Rich Franklin, Rockhold, Bisping, Rumble Johnson) and most of the wins (actually all of them) were KOs. His last 3 fights in a row all won KO of the night. I press you to find someone with more brutal KOs against good competition.

Although he has plenty of losses, if you look, they are all against champion/hall of fame level fighters. His worst loss was probably against Overeem, who is way bigger/taller.

To me though, what sets him apart though is his longevity. He was one of the first UFC champs back in the early days when it was still brand new (the term MMA didn't even exist) and there were tournaments, and 18 years later he is still KOing top 10 guys.

People are going to hate on him, saying he used PEDs but he is far from the only one... I bet a lot of Pride guys were and I'm sure UFC guys have as well. What he's done is pretty damn impressive I think.

Agreed, and yeah, people are kidding themselves if they think the sport is now clean that guys can't use therapeutic doses of testosterone. Stann left mma because of the ped use, and I don't think he is coming back now that trt is prohibited.

Agreed, and yeah, people are kidding themselves if they think the sport is now clean that guys can't use therapeutic doses of testosterone. Stann left mma because of the ped use, and I don't think he is coming back now that trt is prohibited.

Gotta agree... the PED users and makers are alway one step ahead with some new thing before the athletic commissions catch on.

I thought vitor clearly won that fight. He almost finished tito twice. Vitor gassed hard in the 3rd though, and tito's post fight antics running up into the crowd and all that bullshit swayed the judges.

Pretty sure Stann left the sport because he's never been anything more than a completely mediocre fighter. Pretty easy to jump on the 'everyone else is cheating' band wagon when you cant beat anyone.

The guy was champ 17 years ago, he's one of the GOAT and im not a fan of TRT Belfort

Vitor has been exciting to watch since his debut at age 19 where he was a total steroid monster. Lol. He eventually left the ufc and he had ups and downs, we'd see a few boring decisions then a few quick finishes and it looked like he was guna climb back to the top but he'd had a few more boring fights or lose when he shouldn't have.

Last edited:
I think he deserves to be considered among the all-time greats (although not at the top). He has wins over a lot of good fighters (Wand, Couture, Hendo, Rich Franklin, Rockhold, Bisping, Rumble Johnson) and most of the wins (actually all of them) were KOs. His last 3 fights in a row all won KO of the night. I press you to find someone with more brutal KOs against good competition.

Although he has plenty of losses, if you look, they are all against champion/hall of fame level fighters. His worst loss was probably against Overeem, who is way bigger/taller.

To me though, what sets him apart though is his longevity. He was one of the first UFC champs back in the early days when it was still brand new (the term MMA didn't even exist) and there were tournaments, and 18 years later he is still KOing top 10 guys.

People are going to hate on him, saying he used PEDs but he is far from the only one... I bet a lot of Pride guys were and I'm sure UFC guys have as well. What he's done is pretty damn impressive I think.

Vitor's win over Anthony Johnson was a sub, not a KO. And you can hardly say that he KO'd Couture. However, you could add Lindland and a few others to his KO list. All that being said, I'd say that Vitor probably has the second best highlight reel behind Anderson.

The guy is certainly a legend. And his longevity is exceedingly impressive. But considering the fact that he's been "enhanced" since his arrival in the UFC at the age of 19 (which also helped his longevity), it's difficult to conceptualize his place in GOAT conversations. I'd also mention that, while he looks like an absolute savage against good fighters, he generally loses anytime he faces a great fighter.

As a side note, pointing out Vitor's PED use is not "hating." It's a relevant observation. And yes, a number of the Pride fighters may have been on PEDs. In fact, there are a few beloved figures whom I'd venture to guess were juiced to the max. But saying that other fighters MAY have been on PEDs doesn't excuse the fact that Vitor WAS on PEDs.

Hard to say because he never legitimately won a belt. Hes always been right there, but gotten beaten against the best. The thing is, is hes been great for longer than...any fighter ever? He was great in '97, and now 17 years later he will probably be fighting for the belt.

Easily in the top ten. People will obviously give him shit because he's used shit in the past and present.

Tough one - has had ups and downs. Two losses to Overeem hurt, but a crazy career resurgence post the Anderson loss.

Top 15 GOAT imo - but more as a fighter in general rather than being one of the best at a certain weight class

He was always one of the top guys, but never 'the guy'.

Every time he had a chance....lost to Randy, lost to Saku, lost to Hendo, lost to Tito, lost to Chuck, lost to Randy again, lost to Anderson Silva, lost to Jones.

Easily in the top ten. People will obviously give him shit because he's used shit in the past and present.

Easily top ten? Vitor's highlight reel essentially tricks people into thinking he's better than he is. He absolutely demolishes every mid-top-ten fighter he faces. But he's essentially lost against EVERY elite fighter he's faced (Randy 2X, Chuck, Saku, Tito, Overeem 2X, Hendo, Anderson, Jones). Who's the best fighter he's beaten? A declining Franklin or Hendo?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back