After UFC 51 when Tito beat Vitor...

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
People were saying Vitor is washed up now almost 10 years later he is a fight away from a title shot.......Where does Vitor rank among the all time greats????

I remember thinking Belfort should have won that fight. it was at least very competitive, in no way he looked washed-up.

Imagine if they fought today. It would look nothing like the first fight. Tito wouldnt make it out of the first.

Eh... he just never really made it over the hump in any division, except 205 with that "win" over Randy which actually was a fluke unless everyone goes into a fight hoping to get the W off a cornial tear incurred from a missed punch. lol

Overeem routed Belfort from PRIDE's 205lb division as well. Dat Guillotine! :D

I remember thinking Belfort should have won that fight. it was at least very competitive, in no way he looked washed-up.

it must have been a while huh breh! But yeah no Vitor didn't look washed up, just his bad cardio failing on him once again there =D

After Belfort had the issues with his sister, we were introduced to the "new" Vitor (not letting his hands go, fighting too conservative) and you would see glimmers of the old Vitor from time to time. Since TRT came into play, we had the old Vitor every fight. That being said, def. a HOFer, but as it pertains to all time, not very high. The only title he ever won was the LHW title (unless you count his 4 man tourney win at UFC 12) from a cut to Randy. The rematch was one of the bloodiest revenge fights I've ever seen.

I think he deserves to be considered among the all-time greats (although not at the top). He has wins over a lot of good fighters (Wand, Couture, Hendo, Rich Franklin, Rockhold, Bisping, Rumble Johnson) and most of the wins (actually all of them) were KOs. His last 3 fights in a row all won KO of the night. I press you to find someone with more brutal KOs against good competition.

Although he has plenty of losses, if you look, they are all against champion/hall of fame level fighters. His worst loss was probably against Overeem, who is way bigger/taller.

To me though, what sets him apart though is his longevity. He was one of the first UFC champs back in the early days when it was still brand new (the term MMA didn't even exist) and there were tournaments, and 18 years later he is still KOing top 10 guys.

People are going to hate on him, saying he used PEDs but he is far from the only one... I bet a lot of Pride guys were and I'm sure UFC guys have as well. What he's done is pretty damn impressive I think.

I can't think of anyone with a better hit list of KOs on legit opponents... Anyone else jumping to mind for you guys?

Overeem routed Belfort from PRIDE's 205lb division as well. Dat Guillotine! :D

The knee to the head is what ended the fight. Vitor with a clear head doesn't get caught in that. Poor Igor did though and I'm still fucking pissed.

would of liked Vitor to move down to middleweight a lot sooner in his career, I feel he took a lot of punishment that he shouldn't have against opponents naturally larger and stronger

Second best MW of all time. Should have got another title shot at 185 a long time ago. Knocks fools out in spectacular fashion.

I think he deserves to be considered among the all-time greats (although not at the top). He has wins over a lot of good fighters (Wand, Couture, Hendo, Rich Franklin, Rockhold, Bisping, Rumble Johnson) and most of the wins (actually all of them) were KOs. His last 3 fights in a row all won KO of the night. I press you to find someone with more brutal KOs against good competition.

Although he has plenty of losses, if you look, they are all against champion/hall of fame level fighters. His worst loss was probably against Overeem, who is way bigger/taller.

To me though, what sets him apart though is his longevity. He was one of the first UFC champs back in the early days when it was still brand new (the term MMA didn't even exist) and there were tournaments, and 18 years later he is still KOing top 10 guys.

People are going to hate on him, saying he used PEDs but he is far from the only one... I bet a lot of Pride guys were and I'm sure UFC guys have as well. What he's done is pretty damn impressive I think.

This. Anyone bashing or discrediting him is just bleeding from their vagina, Vitor deserves major props, one of the all time greats.

Second best MW of all time. Should have got another title shot at 185 a long time ago. Knocks fools out in spectacular fashion.

I wonder how his career would have went if he had dropped to MW early in his career (it didn't even exist when he first started fighting). It seems to suit him better build-wise. On the other hand he would have been dealing with Anderson in his prime though.

Back