After Shogun's face heals from the H-Bomb, who does he fight next???

Any word on his next opponent?

Another Te Huna-esque guy, I feel.

I can see the "Shogun needs a title shot!" threads now...:D

EDIT - WOW, did not realize Shogun has only won 4 times in his last 10 fights. All top competition, but damn...that's sad.

Kind of a jackass way to put it.

On one hand, it looks like you're interested by seeing who he fights next.

On the other, you're slamming him with the "face heals and only won 4 of his last 10" comments.

Most everyone knows Hendo I and Lyoto I decisions were bad.

Rashad would be a good match.

I don't know why but for some reason, I'd still be interested in Ace vs Shogun.

When was the last time Shogun was on a ppv? He is relegated to fighting on Fox Sports 1 cards. Shogun vs Texeira would sell out in Brazil I like that fight but it is a BIG step down for Glover.

Hendo has been out of his prime since 2004, so it's all good.

Well put. Since Hendo is much older than all of the "out of their prime" fighters he's kicked the shit out of, including Fedor, I think we can let it slide. (Smile)

Seriously people, come on.

When was the last time Shogun was on a ppv? He is relegated to fighting on Fox Sports 1 cards. Shogun vs Texeira would sell out in Brazil I like that fight but it is a BIG step down for Glover.

Last time was UFC 139 vs Hendo. He was scheduled to fight Thiago Silva at 149 but that card went down the toilet.

Sonny, we've talked about this already. You don't get any lower than getting dominated and finished by 4-7 Takase during your prime. You know that.

Hendo is great and all, but his last MW fight before Silva was a loss, and so was his last fight at LHW. It's pretty sad that Silva's greatest win was a guy who had no momentum. Nog on the other had, 13 win streak a with 4 top wins.

I think Silva is officially out of all GOAT talks to be honest.

Are you suggesting Nog is better than Hendo and Anderson?

Are you suggesting Nog is better than Hendo and Anderson?

He said it the wrong way but ultimately, his point stands.

Anderson is definitely in the minority in the running for GOAT.

He said it the wrong way but ultimately, his point stands.

Anderson is definitely in the minority in the running for GOAT.

Fair enough, but even though I think Anderson is overrated, he is still WAY better than Nog....not even close.

Fair enough, but even though I think Anderson is overrated, he is still WAY better than Nog....not even close.

We'll see in the ladder parts of their career.

I think they should both call it a day, especially Anderson, while he remains at least in talks of the GOAT discussion.

They have both had horrific losses and Anderson has been racking up a number of 10-8's against him.

It's not really a good idea for either of them to continue but I do agree relative to GOAT Anderson is closer than Minotauro, although Nog was number 1 at HW for a while and number 2 for virtually forever.

Bader. Makes sense.

If he has to fight the bader's and lil nogs of the world, maybe it's time to go. All the former Pride guys came over have been huge disappoints. Why did they all suck when they came over...has that been answered? Was it drugs, or rule changes? Yeah, Shogun came over and beat Chuck, but he was done any way. This is probably what is leading to ratings dropping for UFC. All our heroes just lose to any and everyone. It's been a horrible few years for Pride fans. All of our dreams have been crushed...no need to watch anymore. Thanks Shogun. Thanks Mirko. Thanks Big Nog. Jesus.

I would rather see a shogun past his prime rather then wmma and boring point fighters, i would make shogun vs perosh or bader

Back