After rewatching the fight

It wasn't just the talk. DC looked absolutely dominant in his last 2 fights (against subpar opponents, yes, but still UFC caliber). I knew Jones would win but was still a little surprised that he made it look fairly easy.

23ldysy.jpg

zyN2Su0.jpg

Here's Daniel talking about how he plans on making Jon Jones quit. http://www.mmaweekly.com/daniel-cormier-plans-to-make-jon-jones-quit-at-ufc-182-video

Here's Daniel saying he's gonna rid MMA of Jon Jones. [YT]ckkaOPjvVSY[/YT]

This fucking guy. After just seeing this for the first time, I don't blame Jones at all for hoping DC was crying. He said he wants to put Jones' career in a tailspin. And people say Jones was acting classless. He showed restraint and maturity after that fight, all things considered.

This fucking guy. After just seeing this for the first time, I don't blame Jones at all for hoping DC was crying. He said he wants to put Jones' career in a tailspin. And people say Jones was acting classless. He showed restraint and maturity after that fight, all things considered.

DC took it to extremely personal levels. He didn't just want to be the LHW champion. He wanted to specifically beat Jones so bad that Jones questioned his own skills and quit MMA altogether. He shoved Bones at the presser, threw a shoe at him, said he wanted to spit on him, and also wanted to take his career from him.

He made Jones mad and the result is he is the one that is going to need to question his career and maybe change weight classes and maybe just quit MMA. This win by Jones is sweet indeed.

Yep, true. Outside of Gus, no one has ever given Jones even that much trouble, let alone punched him in the face that many times.

Same reason everyone was telling JDS to fucking retire after the Stipe fight... what, just because he didn't steam-roll Stipe like everyone expected, or like he did his past opponents?

Don't think so. Bottom line is Cormier was used to absolutely steam rolling his opponents without a diverse game plan. After he got neutralized he had no answer. "Do you want it" "I'm trying" was very telling mentally before getting embarrassed in that 4th round.

In retrospect people think Jones beats old and out of prime fighters but the reality is he breaks their spirits and they are no longer the same in the cage. Don't be surprised if DC starts losing rounds to ppl he normally would dominate after this fight (like Rashad started to fight tentative after Jones).

DC didn't deserve a title shot anyway, it was his yapping that got him that....
I would have much rather waited and seen Gus vs Jones then this.

This is what happens when you talk that much shit and lose

If he stayed humble and respectful and avoided the shit talking people would have said he is a warrior because he did fight a decent fight. He also might have not been so emotionally involved and could have fought better

I have never thought it was a good idea to go into a fight mad for most people, some people can deal with it like the Diaz's and a few others...but it isn't positive for everyone

Back