"After Cowboy I'm coming for all at 170" Mcgregor (Masvidal wants fight per UFC on ABC)

Who should Mcgregor fight at 170 next if he beats Cowboy?

• Total voters

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
Conor mentioned during the "fake" weigh in interview... The guy is looking extra jacked now at 170 compared to the Diaz fights, we will find out tomorrow if this is a good thing or bad. Now that he is humble and claiming to be living a clean life... 170 could be a good fit for him. But let's get down to it, fighting Masvidal for the BMF is what most want (according to the mega thread) and with Dana saying the fight wouldn't happen cause he is small seems to have lit a fire under Mcgregor that we haven't seen in many years... Would this be a fight that Sherdoggers/Hardcore fans would be interested in over a Khabib rematch? He might have to pick his poison, another possible Khabib smash or Masvidal baptized by fire... Not sure but the casuals seem to be eating his return up... Hate to say it but Conor fight week has been fun, even with the madness of the internet...

And this after Dana "promised" a new title shot against Khabib for the LW division....
What a trainwreck....

EDIT: BTW, Colby, Gamebred or Usman would break Conor like a $20 guitar.

Someone who watches jorge masvidal more than me.....is that just an impossible matchup for Conor? Conor looks more natural at 155 imo I get that

His little ass will get manhandled. Bigger guys that will take his ass down and submit him with ease.

Masvidal is perfect.

I think Conor fit totally to the BMF BS, there is a WWE vibe about it, and it's a marketing belt based on no rankings and nothing objective.
I'll be happy to see him competing and defending it potentially, against other fighters not in the title picture.

It would appear Conor is indeed eyeing the BMF and Mas matchup. We all know Dana will do what he says in the end. He just needs to pull through Sat. and not slip on a Cerrone banana peel.....

This is the fight I need 2020

I think he loses to Kamaru, Coby, Khabib, Tony, and why not throw Manny and Floyd in.. his best chances but I still think he would probably lose to are against Nate, Masvidal and Justin.

I think Conor will fight only once after Cerrone this year and that will be Khabib.

Conor gained weight and muscle only to bruteforce TDD and wrestling in the Khabib fight. Not for 170 imo.

Maybe Conor fighting at Welterweight... is to setup a GSP Super-Fight!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have no desire seeing conor fight khabib again until conor gets some wins under his belt.
Conor vs Masvidal is the match i want to see the most for conor by far. I think masvidal rips him apart.

There's nothing to achieve by beating Khabib, so either Jorge or Usman

(voted Usman for the third belt)

Size wise he probably matches up pretty good with Colby who doesn't cut much weight. Style wise though, I think Colby would have his way with him.

The Mas fight would have a fun build up. But I think Jorge wins that one as well. Maybe if he's serious about fighting at 170, we can finally see the RDA fight (several years too late) or I can even see the UFC offering a fight to Lawler.

Conor wouldn't last 2 rounds with any of those guys. Jorge would bludgeon him.

Conrad and Jorge should do a special Miami backyard boxing match

Masvidal said he'd be willing to put the BMF belt on the line, but the opponent will have to put up something as well. What would Conor put on the line?

Size wise he probably matches up pretty good with Colby who doesn't cut much weight. Style wise though, I think Colby would have his way with him.

The Mas fight would have a fun build up. But I think Jorge wins that one as well. Maybe if he's serious about fighting at 170, we can finally see the RDA fight (several years too late) or I can even see the UFC offering a fight to Lawler.
colby is BIG, the idea that colby is small at WW is total non sense, he was much bigger than RDA who is too big for 155 and was the same size as Lawler who is already a good sized WW.

Colby is much bigger than conor.

He is known to be in the 180s on fight week ( not walking around weight ... )

Translation: if i beat cowboy ill beg nate for a rematch

If I lose to cowboy ill beg him for a rematch

At 170

I think he loses to Kamaru, Coby, Khabib, Tony, and why not throw Manny and Floyd in.. his best chances but I still think he would probably lose to are against Nate, Masvidal and Justin.
conor would kill gaethje you obviously dont watch justin's fights

If he beats Cerrone and stays at 170. He should at least have to fight Wonderman before he is in contention to fight guys like Masvidal, Covington, and Usman.

Seeing McGregor knocked out by a headkick is on my MMA Bucket List. If Cowboy can’t do it, hopefully Thompson gets the chance.

They're probably around the same size with Colby but yes it's a bad stylistic matchup for Conor.

I can't see Conor beating Usman and Conor would be the underdog against Mas, Colby or Woodley. Conor probably knows this too.

Imo he'll fight Khabib again and I think this time it'll be competitive although Khabib is still more likely to win.

Back