After Aldo, who will Connor fight?

After Aldo beats the piss out of him, he fights Lamas who got the piss beat out of him by Mendes.

Mendes/Lamas loser or Cub. Since McGregor will never defeat Jose, he won't be able to sell unless he has beef with someone. Quick beefs could be cooked up between Conor and these 3 men.

After he beats Aldo, he will challenge Anthony Pettis for his Belt. Haven't you been listening to him?

GOAT speaks the Truth

I see Frankie moving up and fighting Pettis for the 155 lb belt in July on Fox in Chicago. Khabib/Cerrone won't be ready.

In the meantime at 145 I see Aldo beating McGregor and moving up to 155 subsequently. But if McGregor wins, or if it's a close fight, there will probably be an immediate rematch. If not, then I say he fights Cub in an official or unofficial 4-man tourney for the vacant 145 lb belt.

If Aldo is still champ, Edgar will fight Aldo and winner of Mendes/Lamas will fight McGoober.

If Aldo somehow loses he probably won't get an immediate rematch because UFC wants to keep McGregor as the champ, so Aldo will move up to LW and Edgar vs McGoober would probably happen first

Have you lost your mind? If Aldo loses, of course he gets an immediate rematch.

I'm thinking the winner gets Edgar and the loser gets Lamas.

Aldo again, they always give long reigning champs an instant rematch when they lose

If he loses, he will be forced to fight top 5 fighters. Mendes or Lamas.

I think the question may be, who does Conor want to fight, He said there was a chance that he may just leave 45 and pop up to 55. If that is the case, we may see a super fight between he and Pettis. If not Pettis or an Aldo rematch, Im guessing he is pretty close to receiving big pay day fights at LHW with exciting fighters like Cowboy. Yeah, he may fight a wrestler but I wouldn't quite bank on it. Dana and Lorenzo want super lucrative fights not boring fuck-fests.

Also, Aldo is not a company man like C-Mac is and historically the problem has been that lighter weight champions like GSP, Anderson, Aldo have not been very eager to hop up in weight and take a fight that wasn't favorable to them. I dont think we will ever hear Dana say "He just doesn't want to fight the guy" (as we've heard many times before) in regards to Conor. UFC would not risk spoiling their cash cow by throwing him to a beast grappler like Khabib - heck, look at Anderson, it took 6 years before they threw him a match up that was not favorable to him. Haters better get used to holding their breath.

Conner winning would be the best case for the UFC and the fw division with aldo having beat all the contenders and this thing they have with none of the top fighters fighting eachother u open a lot of great title fights

Conner winning would be the best case for the UFC and the fw division with aldo having beat all the contenders and this thing they have with none of the top fighters fighting eachother u open a lot of great title fights

If Conor beats Aldo, then I'd bet Josevwould move to 155 and Barao would move up as well. McGregor vs Barao/Frankie/Cub/Mendes/KZ would be great match ups. I also want to see Jose vs the top lightweights and potentially fight Pettis.

If by some miracle he wins convincingly (like, 1st or 2nd round KO), he will likely fight the winner of Lamas and Mendes, since both guys seem agitated by him and it would be easy to promote the rivalry, and they are both Top 5. If, however, he wins even a semi-close decision, expect an immediate rematch as per typical UFC M.O.

Jarl

Have you lost your mind? If Aldo loses, of course he gets an immediate rematch.

Have you seen how the UFC protects McGoober? He is the more marketable champ, won't let him risk losing the title so soon by fighting one of the best P4P fighters in the world again. UFC will ask Aldo to move up to LW and maybe offer him the Pettis fight

He'll fight Aldo in an immediate rematch after he beats him

His physical therapist

Back