After Aldo, who will Connor fight?

That's the question.

He's had an easy run to the title so after he loses that it's going to be harder to protect him.

His chances against the top 3-4 FWs is slim.

He may very well retire again.

Have you seen how the UFC protects McGoober? He is the more marketable champ, won't let him risk losing the title so soon by fighting one of the best P4P fighters in the world again. UFC will ask Aldo to move up to LW and maybe offer him the Pettis fight

And Aldo will refuse, and want to avenge his lone loss in the UFC. There's no way Aldo wouldn't get an immediate rematch.

Probably someone in the top 10-15 after Aldo is done with him.

If Aldo is still champ, Edgar will fight Aldo and winner of Mendes/Lamas will fight McGoober.

If Aldo somehow loses he probably won't get an immediate rematch because UFC wants to keep McGregor as the champ, so Aldo will move up to LW and Edgar vs McGoober would probably happen first

I think it would make more sense for mc-g to fight the loser of mendes/lamas if he comes up short vs scarface. The winner of mendes/lamas should fight edgar for a title shot.

Win - Winner of Mendes/Lamas or Edgar

Lose - Loser of Mendes/Lamas

If he wins then it depends how he wins. If he knocks Aldo out in brutal fashion or beats him like he beat Siver then its almost certainly gonna be Frankie. If he beats him by decision or lucky KO while loosing the fight, then its surely a rematch.

If he looses its prob the winner between Mendes and Lamas, being Mendes.

Win or lose, who will be fighting Connor after Aldo?

Frankie? Lamas? Mendes?....

I wouldn't mind seeing Edgar fight connor. I think it would be very interesting to see.

Lamas has already opened the bid with his video.

Ricardo Bless.

The question is though, can he take Conor's punch. Guys seem to fall apart as soon as he tags them.

If he can hang with Aldo for 5 rds, he can hang with anyone @145 and take there punch. Mendes wouldn't give Conor the space nor respect he demands when he takes the center of the cage. Mendes would punch his way into a clinch so he can take Conor down or rough him up in the clinch. Chad beats Conor imho

Back