Afgan UFC fighter can no longer carry Afgan Flag since it is not internationally recognized anymore.

The new flag is the Taliban flag.

It represents terrorism and tyranny.
That's absolute horse shit. When the US overthrew the democratic and secular government in Afghanistan and helped the fundamentalists that eventually became the Taliban to power, nobody would object to that flag. The Taliban and US used to be bosom buddies. Terrorism and tyranny are perfectly fine as long as it's our terrorists and tyrants.

BRI_APUSH_16_04_Mujahideen-780x550.jpg

Yep i think it should be allowed . Of course no fighter would do that cause they'd get booed to all hell but theoretically yes a fighter should be able to fly it , nice strawman though .
Tell me you're a White Supremacist without saying you're a White Supremacist.

doesn"t darisuh walk out with a "fake" flag also?

Your post pretty much proves why the UFC is correct in their policy: While it is true that Artsakh represented an "oppressed minority", it is also true that the Republic of Artsakh was "founded" by military conquest in contravention of international law. Legally, and as upheld by 4 UN resolutions, the territorial rights lie with Azerbaijan, which is why the international community had such a hard time condemning Aliyev even though his soldiers were committing a string of atrocities in their reconquest of Artsakh.

In other words, by allowing him to fly that flag, the UFC would have actively endorsed a contravention of international law. As an entertainment company and promoter of mixed martial arts sporting events, does opening such cans of worms make any economic, political or branding sense to you?
Of course I understand why the UFC has that policy. Similar to countries being politically correct on the issue of Taiwan's independence so as not to get on the bad side of the CCP. I don't have to like though. Obviously I am biased as I am sympathetic to subnational minorities forced to live under a hostile government because its the convenient solution for the international community as is the case with the Republic of Artsakh. I'm sure Belal Muhammad would be limited from making some public statement on the issue of Palestine while on air as well.

Back