AEW X FORBIDDEN DOOR LIVE PPV THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome show. Great to see Okada and Tanahashi get a pop from the Chicago crowd. Claudio aka Cesaro is back and All Elite. Blackpool Combat Club is now OP as fuck.

finished the show finally, fell asleep during the black/pac/connors/miro match last night lol

the show was really solid but the thunder rosa/storm match and the four-way really felt weird to me. maybe storm wasn’t prepared or doesn’t have the chops to carry a good match but she didn’t get much offense in whatsoever. the running ass attack in the corner was stiff as fuck though. that pawg ass almost sent rosa’s head through the ring post. rosa had some real stiff shit in this match too.

the four-way started off great but gradually got worse and the ending was atrocious. not sure if that was the intended finish or not but it was really really weird.

i think my fav match of the night was the opening tag match. the crowd was on fucking fire & minoru suzuki couldn’t miss. everything he did made the building shake. ospreay/cassidy was also great, though the finish was a little annoying with the 837484 kick outs.

overall, great show. not the best either promotion has put on, but a great collaboration nonetheless.

Sober ppv watch was a complete success! That is that i actually stayed sober. I actually fell asleep during the first match. The preshow was great though!

I did watch the show this morning and it was great. That OC/Will Ospreay match was my favorite I think. Really blew me away. I've never liked Ospreay, but the UE gimmick is a vast improvement for him. Really dug the team of Excalibur, KK and Taz. JR really brought them down once he came out. He immediately started complaining and I found was a really big dick to Kevin Kelly. To quote Taker "there's some heat there"

Adam Cole apparently got a concussion and couldn't do whatever finishing sequence they were going to do before he ate the pin, so he called an audible and just ate the pin right there.
yeah i was watching wrestling with wregret & he mentioned that might have been the case but i didn’t see how that might have happened. maybe the moonsault from hangman to the outside? no idea.

yeah i was watching wrestling with wregret & he mentioned that might have been the case but i didn’t see how that might have happened. maybe the moonsault from hangman to the outside? no idea.
i thought maybe it was from the Okada dropkick in the near corner that happened before the rainmaker attempt, but i could be trippin.

whatever happened,
i'm glad cole had the sense to fall down and avoid taking the rainmaker altogether.

i thought maybe it was from the Okada dropkick in the near corner that happened before the rainmaker attempt, but i could be trippin.

whatever happened,
i'm glad cole had the sense to fall down and avoid taking the rainmaker altogether.
i assumed they were just trying to protect the rainmaker as a finisher. like if okada wasn’t going to win, don’t bother having anyone take it. i’m a super duper casual though, people might kick out of it all the time in japan i have no idea. cole did bump really hard on the back of his head for multiple dropkicks though so i could see that ringing his bell.

whatever happened,
I just assumed it was that dominator type move (was it called the landslide or something) he gave Cole at the very end, the move Jay White pinned him after. I thought he landed a little wonky even in real time. I dunno, maybe he was fucked up before that and that final move was just the confirmation that he was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back