AEW LXV: An Alex Turner Appreciation Post Thinly Disguised As An AEW Thread

Is CM Punk turning heel in his feud with Moxley?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a masterful job of Punk working future angles. He’s creating big time heat for matches down the line where there wasn’t any before - especially with Omega/Page. I mean, if the prior Page/Punk feud had the current build it would have been a million times better.

All told this was a pretty good night of wrestling with the potential for some super hot feuds this fall. Post show explained a couple of the head scratchers booking wise. Acclaimed lost because they want to put the titles on them in New York and already have set up the rematch. Christian/Jungle Boy happened the way it did because Christian is legit hurt and couldn’t wrestle. The only strange nonsensical booking was Hobbs squashing Starks in only 5 minutes

The only part of the Punk drama they shouldn’t have done was throw in the “melee”. Everyone knows Matt and Nick are way too chill of Christian guys to ever actually fight about the wrestling business. Still hilarious to see so many marks get worked over it.

Wasn’t Punk known to disregard vet advice in WWE? Wasn’t one of the vets The Undertaker?

Yet here it is Punk is hung up on Hangman saying he doesn’t listen to advice?

I mean, AEW was doing well enough before Punk showed up. Hangman was a part of that. I wouldn’t want Punk’a advice on any of Hangman’s moves.. we saw Punk attempt to do the Buckshot a couple times.
To play the devil´s advocate here, it was down at OVW that Tony Atlas told Punk he would never be on TV (he already been on Smackdown a few times) wearing that tape in his arms and Punk basically told him "do you even watch the show?".

The Undertaker thing was him basically saying he shouldn´t dress up likea hobo if he´s representing the WWE and Punk basically said how come Cena wear whatever he wants and I have to dress up?

Morrissey looking like he's wondering why he signed on for this shit.

Ethan Page running around with the Ass Boys and Moriarty.
Page would make a great living having an upper mid card career at the WWE. There were rumors they wanted him too.

Tony is starting to learn what it's like to bring in a bunch of sharks who don't care about his company or being friends with people.

Him sitting there quiet and apologetic while Punk buried his EVP's.

Swerve throwing that fit just now and saying "you pay the bills so whatever" right to his face and Tony trying to back track saying "I just think it'll be a good match" instead of saying "damn right, I do pay the bills, so this is the match", made Tony look really spineless.

Guy clearly don't have the iron fist to control this locker room.

There hasn´t been a company in the history of pro wrestling with real money at stake where it´s all rainbows and lollipops backstage. That´s why I used to roll my eyes everytime a report came out about how they were all a happy family backstage at AEW.

On the flip side, that kind of thing is what make things interesting and what tune in the views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back