AEW LVIII: DON’T COUNT ME DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a clusterfuck of an episode last night. If last week´s reminded of some 97 Nitro, last night was WCW 2000 thru and thru. The whole thing felt off and they keep proving they´re incapable of keeping any momentum for more than two weeks straight.
- That battle royale looked little league. You couldn´t really tell anything big was at stake and not having any top guy there basically screams the interim title means shit.
- The new belt looks cool and it´s a good concept but debuting that thing unannounced, without any buzz and just putting it on the announcers table, kills the damn thing before it takes off. Another belt is not a bad idea with such a bloated roster but you have to book that right, that means having good storylines for each title. I guess they created that thing to give something to Miro.
- Second time of the night they said the interim title means shit when Wardlow basically said I´ll pass on that prop belt and rather go for the TNT belt.
- Holy damn Thunder Rosa is being booked even worse as champion than Hangman.
- I haven´t been impressed by any NJPW debut so far, looks like they just go out there and expect markville population to lose their minds. Not a single video package on any of these guys, are they so obnoxious that they really expect TV viewers to know who these guys are and to care for any of them at all?
- Were we expected to give O´Reilly a chance in hell to go over Moxley last night?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Rex. I had nightmares about being yelled at for being short by I think Mox, and I woke up before any body defended me or I could kick him in the nuts.

I’m just glad I didn’t have a nightmare about Lance Archer again he’s terrifying

What a clusterfuck of an episode last night. If last week´s reminded of some 97 Nitro, last night was WCW 2000 thru and thru. The whole thing felt off and they keep proving they´re incapable of keeping any momentum for more than two weeks straight.
- That battle royale looked little league. You couldn´t really tell anything big was at stake and not having any top guy there basically screams the interim title means shit.
- The new belt looks cool and it´s a good concept but debuting that thing unannounced, without any buzz and just putting it on the announcers table, kills the damn thing before it takes off. Another belt is not a bad idea with such a bloated roster but you have to book that right, that means having good storylines for each title. I guess they created that thing to give something to Miro.
- Second time of the night they basically said the interim title means shit when Wardlow basically said I´ll pass on that prop belt and rather go for the TNT belt.
- I haven´t been impressed by any NJPW debut so far, looks like they just go out there and expect markville population to lose their minds. Not a video package on these guys, are they so obnoxious that they really expect the TV viewers to know these guys and care for any of them at all?
- Were we expected to give O´Reilly a chance in hell to go over Moxley last night?
Umm wardlow basically told us the interim belt is worthless

Thanks a lot Rex. I had nightmares about being yelled at for being short by I think Mox, and I woke up before any body defended me or I could kick him in the nuts.

I’m just glad I didn’t have a nightmare about Lance Archer again he’s terrifying

I'll protect you next time just say Rex 4 times in the dreamworld and ill be there.

c3bb7af94c78b523e9f1350193e704cc365af319.gifv

And if it's Mox just make fun of his man boobs.

For the last time Rex, you have man boobies, they have pecs.

i got pac winning the ATL belt so if he gets stuck overseas again he can just defend that title in revpro, icw, etc to stay active and have the match footage shown on dark
No one gets stuck overseas. Hes just a lazy fuck

PAC is lazy? Are you insane? Look at him! This isn’t Adam cole fat Eddie we’re talking about.
Stop objectifying men sara. Im talking about showing up for work. Something he hasnt done for 4 years

Last night's show was very lackluster and some the booking...uhh, didn't make sense. But, please Tony, don't put Cole in the hangman/okada match. Cole lowers everything he's in.

Stop objectifying men sara. Im talking about showing up for work. Something he hasnt done for 4 years
I’m shaming them not objectifying you moron.

Man even AEW defense force Meltzer and Alvarez shit on last night's show.

When they're right they're right. AEW booking almost always makes sense, last night show was borderline non-sensical and Cool-guy Kyle was in the bloody main event.

When they're right they're right. AEW booking almost always makes sense, last night show was borderline non-sensical and Cool-guy Kyle was in the bloody main event.
They didn't even recap any of the confusing Punk stuff from Rampage. Not many people watch Rampage and that's something that should have been recapped.

One major thing I think AEW could invest in is video packages promoting certain wrestlers.

Like right now with NJPW, sure you have fans who know all the guys, but there are lots who do not. Would a 2 minute package on Ospreay or Tanahashi really be the hard to put together to give people some idea why they should care or why they should spend money on the ppv?

- Second time of the night they basically said the interim title means shit when Wardlow basically said I´ll pass on that prop belt and rather go for the TNT belt.
- I haven´t been impressed by any NJPW debut so far, looks like they just go out there and expect markville population to lose their minds. Not a video package on these guys, are they so obnoxious that they really expect the TV viewers to know these guys and care for any of them at all?
This post is on point

<LynchWink>

i got pac winning the ATL belt so if he gets stuck overseas again he can just defend that title in revpro, icw, etc to stay active and have the match footage shown on dark
The ATL belt would have been a better choice

One major thing I think AEW could invest in is video packages promoting certain wrestlers.

Like right now with NJPW, sure you have fans who know all the guys, but there are lots who do not. Would a 2 minute package on Ospreay or Tanahashi really be the hard to put together to give people some idea why they should care or why they should spend money on the ppv?
Thing is they do wonderful video packages on their youtube shows, but what % of the audience see those? And the NJPW stuff, I´ve been watching wrestling my whole life and barely know who some of those guys are, I can imagine a more casual viewer watching that and thinking who the hell are these? Who is Okada? Why is he such a big deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back