• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AEW is awful lol

I like Hangman, I like the goofy new dark order, I like Mox and Kingston on the mic, I like the theme songs they've been buying rights to use, and I like alot of the talent on board. I dont like 50 false finishes per match, and definitely dont like botches every time someone breathes. They take too many risks and push a tempo that too many guys/gals on roster cant keep up with. If they were a studio only band, sure overwrite the music as complex and arrogant as you want, but on live feed? Work within your means. Gotta carry the tune for the whole set.

There is plenty of solid talent on the roster, but they snatch away a lot of hard work on untimely botches too often. Is what it is. Production has sucked for some time now, as well.

I would love to find one...unfortunately they all seem to get infected with dumbassery. I would really like to get back into NJPW...but the Bucks and Fraggle really killed my desire to ever watch again...even with them gone the bad taste is still there.

As for hating on a show that you don't watch...fine...get everyone on the interwebs to stop posting them doing stupid shit so everyone who doesn't watch the show can see it and I'll have no reason to hate them. Start with Frank.
4HgJ0d9.png

That's WDCSR+IWIW97ist!

No...I just want guys I can believe for a minute are actually top athletes and badasses who pretend kick the crap out of each other in a quasi realistic way that don't want me to be a part of an inside joke. I also don't want to see the same matches for 6 straight months. Apparently all that's too much to ask anymore.

<DCrying>

Bucks are gay as faces but make good heels IMO. They have punchable faces, cocky attitudes and play the role pretty well, they were great on the PPV on Sunday.

I do agree about the same matches, but to their credit it’s only reallyyy the top guys and it makes sense in the storylines. It does get a little stale though.

My problem is the booking overall and the way they book matches. Khan is mostly a shitty booker, and I don’t know if it’s his idea or what but I don’t know why he’s has his top guys like Omega go out there and wrestle guys like Sydel in anything BUT a squash match. It makes their top guys look weak at the expense of making some random dude you’ll forget about next week who probably won’t even be on tv look strong in a pointless match that never should’ve been put together in the first place.

Consider they have like 4 or 6 PPVs a year, these types of matches are really stupid. Add in to that their B shows like Dark being the most predictable matches ever, with no storylines for their mid/low card (which they have a lot of guys like this). It’s just wasted resources at this point, wouldn’t kill them to have B show storylines instead of these shows just being jobberville and predictable matches.

AEW has done a good job of booking their younger talent and recognizing the future like Guevara, Darby Allin, Jungle Boy (who is over with the AEW audience) MJF (to an extent anyway) and I also think it’s more Jericho handling and helping with the booking for these guys. There is some good things to it, whether you want to admit it or not it just depends on how the next few years go and if Khan actually learns how to properly book.

One thing I will say to end this though, I can sit through a full episode of AEW and be entertained at least somewhat and I enjoy it. As much as I want to like WWE, I just can’t. It’s simply too boring, and literally the same matches week in and week out more so than AEW.

I really hope this caused Janela's injury. Fuckin Jelly Nutella was potatoing Page all match and hard way'd him so this was a receipt lol

Facts are facts, lads. AEW has been around for 2 1/2 years now and you can't point out one great angle or program they've run, a great feud that was booked effectively, or one great character they developed and got over (MJF, Orange Cassidy, Jungle Boy, etc all had their gimmicks before joining AEW). In terms of producing a quality wrestling program, Tony Khan can't cut the mustard unfortunately.
I understand that you don't like it but do you even watch the show? If you do why do you continue to torture yourself by watching it? But if you don't you hate on a show you don't even watch? Lol

I understand that you don't like it but do you even watch the show? If you do why do you continue to torture yourself by watching it? But if you don't you hate on a show you don't even watch? Lol

Did you actually take issue with something I said there? Could you point a great angle, program or character they've developed? I'm all ears (or eyes, I guess lol)

I notice this is a running theme with AEW fans - they can't actually defend the product so they just attack you instead lol smh

Did you actually take issue with something I said there? Could you point a great angle, program or character they've developed? I'm all ears (or eyes, I guess lol)

I notice this is a running theme with AEW fans - they can't actually defend the product so they just attack you instead lol smh
I'm not attacking. Just asking if you actually watch the show

I mean I correct you on things all the tone and you either don't respond or change the subject lmao

The "names" aren't there for NXT anymore, but the product and most of the storylines are still as good.
I think for me one of the things that stops me from enjoying NXT as much as I should is getting invested in the characters. It used to be fun getting invested in their wrestlers and wondering what big stars they'll be in the future, but a lot of the time you're worried they'll end up ruined on the main roster.

lol I get it man.

Isn't NXT still a good middle ground between AEW and WWE? I heard they fell off hard tho.
And I kinda stopped watching after I cancelled my WWE sub back in 2018.

Yeah...they definitely hit a wall. They'll have one or two good episodes and the excitment creeps back in...then it's 3 months of straight shit.

I think for me one of the things that stops me from enjoying NXT as much as I should is getting invested in the characters. It used to be fun getting invested in their wrestlers and wondering what big stars they'll be in the future, but a lot of the time you're worried they'll end up ruined on the main roster.
I see them going to Raw or Smackdown like they are going to a new promotion. So I just ignore it and view NXT as completely self contained.

I see them going to Raw or Smackdown like they are going to a new promotion. So I just ignore it and view NXT as completely self contained.
Probably the best way to look at it.

I mean I correct you on things all the tone and you either don't respond or change the subject lmao

I've never seen you make a salient point as to why I'm wrong about AEW. It's just silliness like "hey it's long term storytelling", even though it's been 3 years and they haven't done anything of note.

Mostly it's just "hey Cornette thinks the same thing you do, which makes it wrong for some reason" lol, I mean how does one respond to that?

I'm not attacking. Just asking if you actually watch the show

I've watch a bunch of the programming at it's all been putrid.

But if you (or anyone else) can point out an angle, program, character, etc, that you think is quality, I'll check it out. I'm open minded. Give me a suggestion.

But if you (or anyone else) can point out an angle, program, character, etc, that you think is quality, I'll check it out. I'm open minded. Give me a suggestion.
The thing is, you don't enjoy the type of angles or gimmicks used in AEW, so it's a pointless venture.
AEW is very indie based, comical shit is the norm. You would be better off watching old episodes of Powerrr.

comical shit is the norm.

Okay, point me to a great comedic bit that they did. Something well written and executed. I do love comedy, I love to laugh!

Unless by "comical" you mean "retarded", like "wow I can't believe that dude's gimmick is that he puts his hands in his pockets, that's so retarded/comical"

Back