• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AEW Double Or Nothing 2024 Live PPV Thread

most of what I have read said the matches were good, not great. It lasted too long, and depending on how you view it, Anarchy in the Arena was 30 minutes of nonsense where a guy who got set on fire got the win.
Imagine not liking someone being set on fire

No idea, they are usually pro AEW. But I am glad it sounds like they were wrong.

There is def a disparity between how people here felt and how people online felt. Of course, I would trust the PWD over all the other internet geeks. Read this on the slam wrestling site which is a site I used to have some respect for but they’ve become a bunch of neckbeard critics

This definitely ranks as one of the worst, blundering, amateurish shows AEW has ever put on when one reviews the entire card top to bottom. It used to be that even if their television shows were crud AEW still banged out fantastic pay-per-views. With the quality sliding and no one course correcting the direction of the company AEW will align neatly with WCW in its dying days when the lunatics ran the asylum right into the ground.

There is def a disparity between how people here felt and how people online felt. Of course, I would trust the PWD over all the other internet geeks. Read this on the slam wrestling site which is a site I used to have some respect for but they’ve become a bunch of neckbeard critics

This definitely ranks as one of the worst, blundering, amateurish shows AEW has ever put on when one reviews the entire card top to bottom. It used to be that even if their television shows were crud AEW still banged out fantastic pay-per-views. With the quality sliding and no one course correcting the direction of the company AEW will align neatly with WCW in its dying days when the lunatics ran the asylum right into the ground.
Reads like someone who never watched WCW in their dying days. Maybe it helped that before the PPV last night me and my brother were watching 1999 RAW and King of the Ring which were absolute dog shit lmao

most of what I have read said the matches were good, not great. It lasted too long, and depending on how you view it, Anarchy in the Arena was 30 minutes of nonsense where a guy who got set on fire got the win.
Of course it was and that's exactly what I expected!

DoN was quite the show. I enjoyed it, even if it was long. Cut three matches and it would've been even better.

Ospreay vs Roddy was very good. Looks to have been a close call for Will on a scary landing. The interference was absurd in this one too.

The old MJF seems to be back. With a new hairline! Awesome. Great promo! Not so great tattoo. It'll be covered at least. Best thing is that we are moving past and dropping the devil thing. Praise the lord.

Trios match was fine. They did cool moves. Happy to see Juice back.

Women's title match was good. Toni needs to work on her cardio. She was blown up. Crazy finish.

OC vs Trent was there. OC wins. 2-0. OK then. So long Trent or something. Did pop for the Pixies!

Jericho three way was predictably awful. Fucked up table spot, Bill almost being impaled and "7 minutes Shibata". The best was still to come - the coldest unmasking since Cole Karter. Fuck outta here with that Keith guy. Relegate this garbage to Rampage or Saturday Rampage.

Mox vs Takeshita was good. If ever there was a time for a challenger to win one of these goddamn eliminator matches. Not to be.

Slayer! Gangrel! A double swerve bro! And a terrible cage dive thing. Cope vs Black was quite the spectacle.

Don fucking Callis was all over the show.

TBS title match was fantastic. Best thing on the show. Superb. Hope they don't send Willow into witness protection following this. She has something going with Stat now at least.

Swerve/Christian was good. No complaints. Pretty much exactly what I expected.

Main event was crazy. Expected result. Great stuff all the same. Absolute bedlam.

So unless I'm misreading the situation, MJF has healed from all his injuries, and Adam Cole still hasn't, but they need a reason for why MJF is back and not feeding with AC. Really robbed that noodle armed bastard out!!

Mox vs Takeshita was good. If ever there was a time for a challenger to win one of these goddamn eliminator matches. Not to be.

Might be some Japanese politics at play. Takeshita is still a DDT guy in Japan. A DDT guy pinning the IWGP World Champion on an AEW show, especially with a title shot on the line was probably never going to happen. I think if something like that were to happen, it would definitely go down on a New Japan show in Japan.

So unless I'm misreading the situation, MJF has healed from all his injuries, and Adam Cole still hasn't, but they need a reason for why MJF is back and not feeding with AC. Really robbed that noodle armed bastard out!!

He'll follow the standard AEW protocol and start working through Undisputed Kingdom one by one. He'll knock off Bennett and Taven first, then a tough match with Roddy, then a short program with his old pal Wardlow. By that time, it's mid July and they can start planning him vs Cole for Wembley. Three more months for Cole to prepare, if he doesn't blow something else out first.

Just saw Tony Khan falling down the ramp and started howling.

I'm glad Tony is self-aware and is okay being a dork and not a tough guy.

Not sure on Cole's condition right. Don't think anything has been confirmed

Again. Where are you reading this at? Twitter, reddit, 4chan? I wouldn't give much weight to the random neckbeards on the internet. Also, now you are saying the matches were good but first you said you read they were mid. Since when is good mid?

Back