AEW ALL OUT 2024 Live Thread

*GTFO with light tubes. Nothing says 'low quality wrestling' than using light tubes. They're on the same level as cheese graters.

I don't really mind the gimmicked light tubes when used the way Willow did, just a quick one and done. They're loud and they explode for a good violent aesthetic without actually being dangerous to the wrestlers.

When shitty indy companies don't used gimmicked ones and just take turns smashing a couple dozen of them over each others heads non stop getting glass dust and mercury vapor in the air for their crowd packed together in a tiny building to breathe, that's when I find them stupid.

I don't really mind the gimmicked light tubes when used the way Willow did, just a quick one and done. They're loud and they explode for a good violent aesthetic without actually being dangerous to the wrestlers.

When shitty indy companies don't used gimmicked ones and just take turns smashing a couple dozen of them over each others heads non stop getting glass dust and mercury vapor in the air for their crowd packed together in a tiny building to breathe, that's when I find them stupid.

A respectable counter-argument.

Also, I forgot to mention - Did Jon Mosley have the worst heel-turn ever? And with the plastic bag over Brian Danielson's head? Who are you kidding.

ECW and WWE had great instincts with sticking with tables, ladders, and chairs and VERY OCCASIONALLY going with barbwire, thumbtacks, and flaming tables.

Now its lighttubes, cinderblocks, and cyringes.
Oh AND hangman noose ropes.
WTF.

Well, no matter what happens with this last match this PPV has been a success. Only one bad match in my view and that was Mone/Shida.

Even that was fine until the last few minutes when it kind of went off the rails and got super clunky.

I popped for it because they were doing a throwback to Terry Funk doing it to Ric Flair. Terry is one of my all time favorites.

*Sigh*
I guess that's what they were going for.
Even still, that was 35 years ago so its a pretty small percentage of fans that'd say...

R.5e145bed79265c80eb66fe12a828c6eb

I'll be a little nitpicky and over analyze, but Remsburg also counted the MJF/Garcia finish nowhere near in position. Guy counted 1 as he landed on the mat near their feet, by the time he counted 3 is when he finally slid himself somewhere close to actually being able to see if anyone's shoulders were down.

Guy basically flopped on a random spot on the mat and started counting. <lmao>

Back