Adult Hobbies/Free Time

What do you guys do for fun/hobbies?

I feel like it’s super important to have “fun” as an adult or else you just become depressed/working stiff.

I’ve spent five years grinding my ass of to transition from working in the service industry to tech.

Luckily, in those five years, my fun was also my career goal. I basically learned to code and picked of project management.

Now that I have my career set, I don’t have to constantly grind away at learning new technologies/skills, and I’m excited to pick up life where I left off in terms of hobbies but I’m also overwhelmed.

Recently I started practicing cardistry. It’s incredibly satisfying. It’s very tactile and the moves are super satisfying. There’s also a collecting element to it because you get different decks.

I’m looking to pick up:

fantasy novels/fiction
hot sauce and pepper collecting/ creation
Card gaming/board games (magic, dnd)
Reading random lists of non fiction books, like about Bigfoot, beer, and Lincoln

Its deffinitely important to have fun those who are advocating for longer working hours are probably special Agents by the Comunist Party of Jack Ma who does not believe in work life Balance.

"How Dare we have 8 hour shifts!"

But yeah hobbies and healthy adult fun is important I want to delve into Photograby and Photo edditing I am already a guitar hobbyist having something to look forward too after whole days work is up-lifting

You can see if people are dead inside itt.

Walking your dog indeed.

I have the following hobbies:

Sailing,
Surfing,
Scuba diving,
Snorkeling,
Computer gaming,
Reading,
Playing American football,
Coaching American football,
Working out,
Kickboxing,
Listed building renovation
Singing/making music,
And watching TV etc.

These are really my meaning in life beyond my family. Work is podcast and audio book time.

Reading and working on cars.
Couldn't do anything on Sunday because of the weather so I read two books.

Paint miniatures, read, basketball, and biking/hiking/kayaking.
Few other minor things, but those take most of my free time outside my sons.

My winter hobbies are: Snowmobiling, and shooting
My summer hobbies are: Boating / Jetskiing / Golfing
My all year hobbies are: Car racing

Pistol and AR. Nothing fancy. Once this ammo shortage breaks gonna up the ante on some rifle courses.
The ammo shortage has been brutal. I’ve been lucky to have a buddy that stocked up like crazy and has been selling me .223 and 9mm boxes at pre-rona prices.

Hiking with my dog
Playing guitar and piano
Carpentry and woodworking
Shooting
Backyard Astronomy
Online Poker
PC gaming

I do Stand up comedy, and I 100 percent agree people need hobbies. I was depressed as fuck when I didn’t really have a hobby to work at, now I’m still depressed but definitely less.

Sure. I dont have a set strategy but I usually have allocated maybe 50-80% in a low risk diversified product (a passive index following the national market) and the rest allocated in single stocks that either have products I like or because I think there is some other reason the stock will increase in value. I never buy things I dont understand..
Cool cool

Earlier this year when the market slumped I really wanted to buy AMD stock, but I didn't have a whole lot of cash back then. If I had bought back then I would have seen a NICE gain.

Oh well.. I have a moderately aggressive ETF portfolio at the moment. Let's see how it goes.

I started with a harbor freight 1x30 belt grinder, a railroad track piece for an anvil and a small Atlas forge.

I now have a legit Peterwright Anvil, a bigger forge and a 2x72 grinder.
When can we expect to see you on Forged in Fire?

Working out
Hiking with the wife
Gravel (bike) riding
Built a hackintosh with my kid
thinking of doing another startup

Used to go to a rock climbing gym before the pandemic :(

When can we expect to see you on Forged in Fire?
I have forged like 5 knives so far. I love the show but have no clue on how to use a coal forge or do some of the more complex things.

I've done 2 Damascus, 1 San mai billet and 1 cannister.

And if I've learned anything from the show, its if you only have hand tools in your shop and no press or power hammer you're kinda screwed.

But would be an awesome experience

I play CoD and enjoy watching movies, spending time with family is always a prerogative.

I have forged like 5 knives so far. I love the show but have no clue on how to use a coal forge or do some of the more complex things.

I've done 2 Damascus, 1 San mai billet and 1 cannister.

And if I've learned anything from the show, its if you only have hand tools in your shop and no press or power hammer you're kinda screwed.

But would be an awesome experience
What blows my mind are the contestants who make the final, then run out propane on day 1, don’t have an adequate quench tank, don’t have a decent piece of steel laying around, or some other ridiculously avoidable self-inflicted wound. You should go for it; win and you can buy a power hammer!

Just dog walking and masturbation when not at work. Drinking at weekends.

I have the first two David paulides 411 books. Though not strictly Bigfoot persay.
try masturbating at work. More time for dog walking IMO.

Working on my car that will never be finished. Had to be a dumbass and change intakes which led to having to change other shit.

Helping others with their car projects that somehow move along faster than my own.

What kind of car?

car racing at a track or just down to the Quik E Mart and back

sport yoga pants watching at the gym, when it's not on lockdown

leaf blowing with turbo blow machines of leaves onto your neighbor's yard while he's still at work.

What kind of car?

I suck at being an adult tbh. In my free time I'm usually watching TV, playing games, watching YouTube, or reading something online.

Back