Adesenya Eats Yoel's Lunch

So many people calling Israel overrated now are probably the same dudes who said he would absolutely smoke Silva and can't seem to admit that Silva's striking really is on THAT level.

Like Cruz said, without the threat of a takedown, Silva can hang with anyone on the feet.

Israel is for real.

He beat Silva 30-27. Its not like it was close, its mainly Silva fans wanting to think it was close, it wasn't. Anderson's eye was swelling shut by the end of the 2nd round and if it had gone 5 rounds he would have likely been finished. People seriously underestimate what Adesanya is about to do to the division. Bobby Knuckles is a serious problem but half the division is aging rapidly.

He beat Silva 30-27. Its not like it was close, its mainly Silva fans wanting to think it was close, it wasn't. Anderson's eye was swelling shut by the end of the 2nd round and if it had gone 5 rounds he would have likely been finished. People seriously underestimate what Adesanya is about to do to the division. Bobby Knuckles is a serious problem but half the division is aging rapidly.

I scored it 29-28, but either way I mostly agree with you. Anderson wasn't close to winning that fight, but it's not like he got steamrolled either. Fairly certain the swelling was from a poke as well.

That said, Israel is a problem, especially if his grappling/takedown defense continues to improve at such a steady rate.

I scored it 29-28, but either way I mostly agree with you. Anderson wasn't close to winning that fight, but it's not like he got steamrolled either. Fairly certain the swelling was from a poke as well.

That said, Israel is a problem, especially if his grappling/takedown defense continues to improve at such a steady rate.

Beer that is an incredibly fair assessment. For the record, in MMA you never really know the outcome of a fight, almost never. Yoel could smoke Adesanya, it wouldn't surprise me. He's a brute and if he connects you are going to queer street. At the same time, I wouldn't be shocked to see Adesanya move and point all night long, and just seeing Yoel get more and more tired as the fight progresses.

Beer that is an incredibly fair assessment. For the record, in MMA you never really know the outcome of a fight, almost never. Yoel could smoke Adesanya, it wouldn't surprise me. He's a brute and if he connects you are going to queer street. At the same time, I wouldn't be shocked to see Adesanya move and point all night long, and just seeing Yoel get more and more tired as the fight progresses.

My guess on that bout would be Israel striking from distance and using his footwork to avoid Yoel's straight-line rushes. Think Israel circling away from the flying knee. Counters off of pivots. Just far enough away to negate takedown attempts, like he did to Brunson. Not that I'm comparing Brunson's takedowns to Yoel's, but Israel shrugged them off so easily that I tend to think he'd do alright against Yoel.

My guess on that bout would be Israel striking from distance and using his footwork to avoid Yoel's straight-line rushes. Think Israel circling away from the flying knee. Counters off of pivots. Just far enough away to negate takedown attempts, like he did to Brunson. Not that I'm comparing Brunson's takedowns to Yoel's, but Israel shrugged them off so easily that I tend to think he'd do alright against Yoel.

Thing is, Yoel kinda abandoned his wrestling. Dude just straight Dan Henderson'ed and fell in love with his striking power. Last time he really wrestled was against Lyoto? That was almost 4 years ago. You would think that Yoel's team would construct a game-plan that includes wrestling but it just hasn't really happened very often. I can't even count on him doing the smart thing which is to take Adesanya down. He might just stalk him all night thinking he's going to land the bomb and that might be a HUGE mistake against Adesanya.

Yoel is too simple as in he is predominantly a puncher. He only punches but he does hold his hands in an non orthodox fashion so stylebender might not be able to read him.

My guess on that bout would be Israel striking from distance and using his footwork to avoid Yoel's straight-line rushes. Think Israel circling away from the flying knee. Counters off of pivots. Just far enough away to negate takedown attempts, like he did to Brunson.

Now that you have me thinking about it, I will add this. Adesanya's strategy will be EXACTLY as you outline above. Here is the equalizer. Yoel has a nasty, nasty oblique kick that busted The Reaper's knee. I could definitely see him using it on 6'4" wide stance Adesanya because its the thing that takes away Adesanya's mobility advantage.

Lol @ the Yoel circle jerk.

Are we talking about the same guy who's cardio is so shit, that he has to limit his striking output to 3 - 4 quick flurries per 5 minute round? Can this dude even make weight at 185 again, while ducking his real weightclass? Has he ever even won a fight in the UFC without cheating somehow?

Deadly, precision striking. Cardio for days and days. Footwork that will make Yoel's head spin. Adesenya runs circles around Yoel all night, keeping him at distance, and piecing his face up in the process. He took it easy on Silva. Yoel won't be so lucky.

If this fight materializes, AV bets will be welcome, and encouraged.

Bet the house on The Stylebender in this one.

Pffffftttt
Lmao @ "He took it easy on Silva" ...
You're delusional

So many people calling Israel overrated now are probably the same dudes who said he would absolutely smoke Silva and can't seem to admit that Silva's striking really is on THAT level.

Like Cruz said, without the threat of a takedown, Silva can hang with anyone on the feet.

Israel is for real.

No power

No killer instinct

Too bad cause he's got the skills but lacks where it matters the most.

Poster with Bisping AV talking shit about Yoel.

ok buddeh.....

He eats Yoel's knuckle sandwich K.O.. Adesanya is seriously the most 0verrated fucking fighter I swear

No power

No killer instinct

Too bad cause he's got the skills but lacks where it matters the most.

13 of 16 MMA victories by stoppage. All strikes.

13 finishes in kickboxing.

No power or killer instinct is a weird myth to spread about the man lmao

He's more likely to eat a knee lol.

Back