Adesanya is a huge PPV draw

I strongly dislike Israel. And ppv sales don't mean shit, since ESPN pays ufc a flat fee. But yes izzy has marketed himself smartly. Had no idea he sold that well. I guess It makes sense. I never miss an adesanya fight. I only missed the Wilkinson one and the second vettori fight. Remarkable. I swear last year he wasn't selling. Damn. Well, props to him. Marketing isn't easy. Just wish he'd stop with the rape jokes.

Why are people getting butt-hurt about the Sakuraba comment? He was a star in Japan, but nobody know who he is outside of there. MMA was also a flash in the pan spectacle in Japan. It still exists, but is more of a niche thing after it surfaced that Pride had ties with the Yakuza. I'm not a hater either Pride and Saku were awesome. It just is what it is.

Last edited:
The Whittaker fight will sell well.

I'm just wondering if he has a few of those Vettori fights or non competitive fights if he will keep the numbers like Gsp did when he got safe.

We never get the actual PPV buys, just nerd journalists who use Google search impressions to estimate a number.

259 was loaded but people are so fucking stupid they probably don't remember that far back

LOL, I'd say zero chance that card (UFC 263) did 1,000,000 buys, and probably not anywhere close to that.

I strongly dislike Israel. And ppv sales don't mean shit, since ESPN pays ufc a flat fee. But yes izzy has marketed himself smartly. Had no idea he sold that well. I guess It makes sense. I never miss an adesanya fight. I only missed the Wilkinson one and the second vettori fight. Remarkable. I swear last year he wasn't selling. Damn. Well, props to him. Marketing isn't easy. Just wish he'd stop with the rape jokes.

They pay them a flat fee up to 500k IIRC, I think if you're drawing more than that it makes more for the company and the guys getting PPV points.

the jan card was stacked breh and the costa figtht was 2 undefeated fighters and 2 title fights
Yes.. and nobody gave a fuck about him vs Vettori but they put Nate there.

UFC is pushing gynosanya.

That means no more PPV points for champions?

not sure what the go at saku is.

but didnt he just carry the olympic torch at some stage in japan for the olympics? thats pretty fucking huge since saku was there in mma from the mid 90s-2010s and wrestling on and off throughout (even having a wrestling match just last year!)
I didnt know that. Im very happy for him!!!!

Haters will hate Izzy but at the end of the day, all haters give him his props.

They just can’t deny his skill and testicular fortitude

Back