Adesanya base pay: 350k in salary, just as much as Holloway

All of these guys are massively underpaid. You've got boxers who aren't big PPV draws like Loma and Crawford making millions to fight on ESPN against no name opponents.

Taking potshots at the guys who are lucky enough to get a push from the UFC and perform is ridiculous.

Why the hell does Gastelum get 150k and Adesanya, the new kid on the block who's been with the UFC less than a year 350k?

{<huh}
He cancelled a holiday he paid for his WHOLE family to take this fight.

They're reimbursing him.

Your opinion doesn't equal fact. Your hatred of bisping also clouds your ability to accept reality.

He headlined numerous cards while not being champ because he was in fact, a draw.

Look at his fights during that contract and tell me that him not being on the card would have led to less of a gate or buy rate? Not the case. For some reason they just wanted to pander to the British market.

Sage northcutt was making $100k and he was a noob

That's myth. Not one card he was on wouldn't have sold the same gate and/or PPV without him. He was getting 275K+150K+ win bonus when champs were lucky to get 100K+100K.

He just benefited greatly from the UFC favoring UK fighters for some reason.
That's a lie.
Especially the British cards.
I got into mma because of bisping and I give money to the ufc every month.
If you were British you'd understand the impact he'd had.
Obviously ufc realised this.

He's the bigger (literally) fighter. He should get more. What other sport out there is competing for grown men that weigh 155 pounds? People at Adesanya's size have other options, and the UFC has to make their pay more competitive as a result. And they still aren't even close, which is why LHW and HW are so devoid of new talent.

That's myth. Not one card he was on wouldn't have sold the same gate and/or PPV without him. He was getting 275K+150K+ win bonus when champs were lucky to get 100K+100K.

He just benefited greatly from the UFC favoring UK fighters for some reason.
That's horseshit. Bisping basically made the sport Global.

Just the top of my head, Bisping has main-evented in these countries: US, Canada, Brazil, England, Scotland, China, Macau, Australia...

Dude was one of the biggest stars they ever had. There's a reason Anderson and GSP, 2 of the biggest names of any era- requested to fight Bisping.

Lol gas got fucked why in the hell would he accept that ..

Max only getting 350k is a joke to lol the krylov made more than gas and thats supposed to be title fight pay.. But gas and dustin and max got ppv points

Look at his fights during that contract and tell me that him not being on the card would have led to less of a gate or buy rate? Not the case. For some reason they just wanted to pander to the British market.
Im going to agree to disagree and move on.

how long you been Izzy's side piece, bro?

He's right YOLO. Gas has paid his dues for the better part of half a decade now, and he won TUF. That shit isn't fair. Not saying Adesanya doesn't deserve his money, but Gas needs to be compensated more.

I can't believe that Adesanya is getting that high of a base pay.

Dustin and Kelvin are 2 UFC veterans, much more proven and they don't even get paid that much.

Hell, Max is basically FW GOAT at this point... and he only gets paid that much.

giphy.gif

That's a lie.
Especially the British cards.
I got into mma because of bisping and I give money to the ufc every month.
If you were British you'd understand the impact he'd had.
Obviously ufc realised this.

Please. Look at how well even shit cards do in the UK. I don't believe for one second that Bisping made any difference. And it's them giving him the contract that's the issue. Maybe he did deserve that much, but other fighters were champions and headlined cards with bigger gates and buys and were lucky to get 1/3 to 1/2 of what he was paid. He always got special treatment.

That's horseshoe. Bisping basically made the sport Global.

Just the top of my head, Bisping has main-evented in these countries: US, Canada, Brazil, England, Scotland, China, Macau, Australia...

Dude was one of the biggest stars they ever had. There's a reason Anderson and GSP, 2 of the biggest names of any era- requested to fight Bisping.

Wouldn't have anything to do with the opportunities given him and the UFC pushing him would it?

He didn't beat top 10 guys until after that contract.

Total fighter pay was under $2M. That's just staggering. How have these guys not formed a Union?

In before a bunch of rednecks living in a trailer think this is big money.

That's horseshoe. Bisping basically made the sport Global.

I wasn't even a Bisping fan but can at least keep it real, unlike the guy dawning said username.....

He's right YOLO. Gas has paid his dues for the better part of half a decade now, and he won TUF. That shit isn't fair. Not saying Adesanya doesn't deserve his money, but Gas needs to be compensated more.
oh I wasn't trying to disparage Kelvin. He deserves every penny and more. It just seems like the 2 stars of the show were Max & Israel, and I think they deserved the top pay. I was giving Izzy props, not hating.

Back