ADCC Event Chat:

i don’t recall it ever being done. Usually super fight guys just do the super fight, right? Gordon becomes the first 3 weight champ and wins the super fight. Seriously, he probably could’ve taken absolute if that wouldn’t have derailed the next super fight.

Yuri is gonna get smoked.

Have to feel for lachie. He got both his division and the absolute champ…
I will be studying his guard instructional though, his guard was bloody brilliant.

Gordon is unbelievable. And while old guard can't do a damn to him it doesn't seem like new generation is anywhere near solving the puzzle either. Guy is a technical tank who keeps dismantling the other tops in absolute chillness. He can be dislikeable as much as you want for his antics, his trash talk etc. but credit where credit's due. If there wasn't much of a discussion before, after last night seems impossible not to rate him the best nogi guy ever at this point.

Have to feel for lachie. He got both his division and the absolute champ…
I will be studying his guard instructional though, his guard was bloody brilliant.

Kade was the typical yougster throwing himself into a sub. He got over excited and pretty much stroke him with heel kicks.

Lach must have been pretty suprised by that level of agressiveness

But yes, that guard was pretty amazing, those K guard entries against Kade were pretty slick also

I will always root for Lachlan, I how I'm so much of my grappling style

Didn’t stay up and just watched the superfight replay. Glad it went for awhile compared to the 99+ matches. The superfight system is just going to look silly at this point cause Ryan has crushed nearly everyone. I guess he’s still trying to keep some interest in another Peña match to get that bet money but I don’t think that’s too appealing at this point, especially how Peña performed this weekend.

Galvao’s style is more energy efficient IMHO and relies less on athletic ability, his timing is based more on sensitivity and less on reaction time. My hunch is Galvao will have a longer and more consistent career. That said, Ruotolo is a stud.
Agreed, I guess Galvao comes from a more traditional/gi background, which gives him time to think and allows him to sense danger and so on, but the Ruotolo brothers are more or less made for nogi; going for crazy attacks and not too concerned if they concede points. Not that they cannot do well in the gi (Tye is a world silver medallist), but Galvao only just started competing in nogi last year; whereas Kade (according to BJJ Heroes) has been exclusively competing in nogi since he debuted in pro grappling.

Both will see each other a lot in the future, but I think Galvao will slowly figure him out.

Didn’t stay up and just watched the superfight replay. Glad it went for awhile compared to the 99+ matches. The superfight system is just going to look silly at this point cause Ryan has crushed nearly everyone. I guess he’s still trying to keep some interest in another Peña match to get that bet money but I don’t think that’s too appealing at this point, especially how Peña performed this weekend.

At this point, the only one who can beat Gordon is Father Time. Lol. Like he’s going to get old eventually. An injury is inevitable. Eventually a young buck is going to evolve into Gordon.

but in the meantime, I just don’t see who else can beat him. Insanely technical and strong as hell.

I feel bad for the Gordon Ryan haters at this point. They are scrambling for any scraps of criticism to hold onto & after this past weekend, there really is nothing at this point.

All you can do is criticize his attitude or online persona; which nornally I could understand, but having met him on the mats & seeing he is the nicest guy in real life, it's easy for me to be a fan.

Also was great to see Lachlan perform so well against Kade. Sure he got armbarred at the very end, but 99% of that whole match was just an incredible display of Lachlan's amazing inverted guard retention & ashi control systems. Highly impressive, as Giles always is, even in defeat.

I feel bad for the Gordon Ryan haters at this point. They are scrambling for any scraps of criticism to hold onto & after this past weekend, there really is nothing at this point.

All you can do is criticize his attitude or online persona; which nornally I could understand, but having met him on the mats & seeing he is the nicest guy in real life, it's easy for me to be a fan.

Not a problem for me, I'm a Jon Jones fan.

I don't need to respect an athlete's opinion on peace in the middle east or how to treat your significant other to appreciate their work in competition.

I'm a fan of Gordon Ryan the grappler, and although I'm sure he's an ok guy in real life, his persona that he adopts to market himself or get matches leave a lot to be desired. That said, I love watching him grapple.

I was matside for Vagner and Marinho. Vagner tapped 100%

Back