ADCC Bracket.

Here's a question for the crowd:

Do you think Keenan Cornelius win Double Golds this weekend? He has a game that seems better suited to the ADCC ruleset than perhaps anybody else in the field. Plus, I think no Buchecha, Cyborg, or Faria in the absolute helps him quite a bit.

Last edited:
My predictions...
99+ Dopp - Getting past Joao in the semis will be tough, but I think he takes it and then the finals.
99 Rodolfo - Xande/Rodolfo in the semis would be finals if they weren't seeded on same side.
88 Keenan - Pretty much a lock here.
76 Tonon - Probably has the hardest run to the gold.
66 Cummings - Getting past Tanquinho and Cobrinha will be tough, but if he can...he's got gold.
-60 Dern - Another Nicollini/Dern finals, but I think Dern finally has her number for good.
60+ Gabi - Is there any other option?

Hey Cash, do you know why Dominyka Obelenyte isn't doing this tournament? I've seen her rolling no-gi on MGinaction and her game seems to translate well enough.

Wasn't invited. She doesn't really compete nogi and she was out of the country for a bit this summer visiting family and now she's gearing up for school. Perhaps 2017 she has plenty of time lol she'll be 22. And a 6x world champion

My predictions...
99+ Dopp - Getting past Joao in the semis will be tough, but I think he takes it and then the finals.
99 Rodolfo - Xande/Rodolfo in the semis would be finals if they weren't seeded on same side.
88 Keenan - Pretty much a lock here.
76 Tonon - Probably has the hardest run to the gold.
66 Cummings - Getting past Tanquinho and Cobrinha will be tough, but if he can...he's got gold.
-60 Dern - Another Nicollini/Dern finals, but I think Dern finally has her number for good.
60+ Gabi - Is there any other option?

Didn't Reilly Bodycomb win some qualifier? What happened to him?

Didn't Reilly Bodycomb win some qualifier? What happened to him?

He did an ADCC Pro Expo superfight, it wasn't a qualifier. Denny, his protege who just won the Combat Wrestling World Championships, did a qualifier but lost to Ostahp(spelling?).

Well Dillon Danis liked my Kimura video on Instagram, so i'm rooting for him

He did an ADCC Pro Expo superfight, it wasn't a qualifier. Denny, his protege who just won the Combat Wrestling World Championships, did a qualifier but lost to Ostahp(spelling?).

Curious, why didnt he do a qualifier? He heavily marketed that he won some ADCC event. Who did he beat in the Superfight?

Wasn't invited. She doesn't really compete nogi and she was out of the country for a bit this summer visiting family and now she's gearing up for school. Perhaps 2017 she has plenty of time lol she'll be 22. And a 6x world champion

If I was McKenzie Dern I'd start studying her game now, as that's going to be the Federer/Nadal rivalry in BJJ for years to come. Their match at this year's Pans where Dern squeaked by reminds me of how Cobrinha squeaked by Rafa the first times they met...

Curious, why didnt he do a qualifier? He heavily marketed that he won some ADCC event. Who did he beat in the Superfight?

He got elbow surgery, after the event, for an old injury that he wanted to get taken care of. And sorry, it wasn't a superfight it was just a pro division that he won. I have no idea who the guy he beat in the finals was though.

These brackets don't make much sense.Really hoping Danis does well.He seems to just get better every year.

He got elbow surgery, after the event, for an old injury that he wanted to get taken care of. And sorry, it wasn't a superfight it was just a pro division that he won. I have no idea who the guy he beat in the finals was though.

I'm curious, who is the most recognizable competitor that he has beaten? In any event?

Please let us know who broke Faria's foot. They deserve hate mail. :)

Please let us know who broke Faria's foot. They deserve hate mail. :)

That's so unfortunate and I believe it happened at a seminar in Brasil earlier this week. Sucks he was going compete still but the as you can tell it's obviously a very bad decision to try and do that on a most likely broken foot if its still that swollen a few days out.

So excited, and these brackets are fun as well, loads of big match-ups. Only match I wanted to see that I'll probably not get is Eddie Cummings vs Jeff Glover. Can't even call predictions cause these brackets are so strong.

I don't see how people think Keenan is a lock for his division. Romulo Barral is in there, who beat Keenan last year, and Yuri Simoes has also beaten him. On his side of the bracket he also has to get past Calasans, and the winner of Lovato/Chsiev, and while I think he can win both those matches they won't come easy.

Back