23mn3bq.png

88kg:
2prsjk7.png

99kg:
2hnci8m.png

99kg+:
5o6w7t.png

Last edited:
They gave the people what they want! I like it!

I think it's really interesting that they took arguably the top four seeds and put them all on the same side of the bracket. If people thought Ramos and Durinho were smart sleeper picks before...

Fingers crossed for Cobrinha and Eddie Cummins meeting up in the semis. That would be really interesting.

Under 60kg womans':
2r5rrcp.png

Over 60kg womans':
vd314x.png

Credit to BUDO JAKE

Looks like we're gonna get Xande vs Hector Lombard in the quarter finals of the -99 kilos division! Get em, Xande!

Looks like we're gonna get Xande vs Hector Lombard in the quarter finals of the -99 kilos division! Get em, Xande!

Yeah it seems so.

I like the "Vinny" on the bracket. A few(a lot) of brasilians in the crowd will be like "hey that's my cousin" *Crickets*

76KG bracket is stupid as is 66KG
But all well be the best you have to be the best. Doesn't look like they did seeding really. Tonon has a monumental task ahead. He'll have to beat Danis, Lepri, Sousa, and Burns/Ramos to win. If he pulls it off that would be one of the best streaks ever.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for Cobrinha and Eddie Cummins meeting up in the semis. That would be really interesting.

He's not beating tanquinho.

Also Cobrinha will have a 2nd rd bye. Gurgle & Jacare will force Grippo to bow out

76KG bracket is stupid as is 66KG
But all well be the best you have to be the best. Doesn't look like they did seeding really. Tonon has a monumental task ahead. He'll have to beat Danis, Lepri, Sousa, and Burns/Ramos to win. If he pulls it off that would be one of the best streaks ever.

Yeah, it's weird. 77 kilos division has so many killers on the left side.
On the right side, Durinho or Davi have it easy by comparison.

88 kilos division seems to be the best distributed

Also Cobrinha will have a 2nd rd bye. Gurgle & Jacare will force Grippo to bow out

Ah shit, I forgot Grippo is Alliance now. That is what is going to happen. Ugh

Eddie is gonna beat tanq so bad Dern will dump him.
If Grippo bows out to cobrinha they will have to put him in gabi's division in 2017.

Dillon is gonna get taken out 1st round. MG guys got a bad draw. And poor Mike perez getting the killers on his own team. He has a nice closed guard. Hopefully he got rid of that silly hipster haircut he was sporting after losing that bet.

I just noticed Rafa is out... what happened to him?

I have never seen a competitor bow out at ADCC, ever. I've seen worked matches here and there, but I don't think you're allowed to bow out. I mean I guess I don't see how they could force you to step on the mats, but you would certainly never be invited back, ever. They really pride themselves on not allowing close outs and punishing any type of close-out or bow-out or worked match behavior.

You really think they won't just have the match? I mean why even have him fly out there? Certainly everyone knows by now that ADCC always makes teammates fight in the 1st or 2nd round, at the latest, right?

I have never seen a competitor bow out at ADCC, ever. I've seen worked matches here and there, but I don't think you're allowed to bow out. I mean I guess I don't see how they could force you to step on the mats, but you would certainly never be invited back, ever. They really pride themselves on not allowing close outs and punishing any type of close-out or bow-out or worked match behavior.

You really think they won't just have the match? I mean why even have him fly out there? Certainly everyone knows by now that ADCC always makes teammates fight in the 1st or 2nd round, at the latest, right?

I just don't see any way that Cobrinha & Gianni fight. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gianna pull out of his 2nd match with an "injury".

I really hope I'm wrong though

Might just tank the match, like Serra did for Feitosa, Feitosa did for Renzo, Matt Hughes did with Jeremy Horn, Pe de Pano did with JJM, etc. etc.

I just don't see any way that Cobrinha & Gianni fight. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gianna pull out of his 2nd match with an "injury".

I really hope I'm wrong though

Me too. That would be super lame. It feels like the whole point of this event is to never have that kind of stuff happen, so that would be a shame.

Might just tank the match, like Serra did for Feitosa, Feitosa did for Renzo, Matt Hughes did with Jeremy Horn, Pe de Pano did with JJM, etc. etc.

Exactly. At least that way it might be fun to watch lol. JJM and PDP is one of the coolest looking works ever lol

Back