Acting against North Korea now.

Im not the one trusting Kim Jong Un.
Who is?
Give it up. You're attempts at downplaying this are feeble at best. He has the Bomb. He is working on developing ICBMs. You don't have to "trust" him to know this. He isn't a threat to us now, but at this rate, he will be very soon. Like Obama, you think ignoring the situation and hoping it will all turn out right in the end is a sound policy. I disagree.

America doesn't want to fuck with Asians.

Ever

Again

America lost the war for Korea, that's why we have a north and south Korea in the first place

America lost the war in Vietnam

America can't deal with slanty eye'd asians, it's better just get the ones that fuck camels

The fact that the K. Korean is built on a foundation of lies and fear is what makes them as a nuclear tipped ICBM power all the more dangerous. Forget about how such an advance would render the US and our allies in the region hostage (and our ace in the hole obsolete) to whatever whim this nutbag may decide to brandish; if / when the day ever comes when the NK regime is backed into a corner, who's to stop them from going for broke?
Norks and nuclear tipped ICBMs are a very bad combination.

They could launch a nuke into south korea with a fucking catapult. Dont need much to threaten a country you share a border with. No ICBMs nessasary.

Who is?
Give it up. You're attempts at downplaying this are feeble at best. He has the Bomb. He is working on developing ICBMs. You don't have to "trust" him to know this. He isn't a threat to us now, but at this rate, he will be very soon. Like Obama, you think ignoring the situation and hoping it will all turn out right in the end is a sound policy. I disagree.

Your source saying he is close is Kim himself.

They arent gonna do shit. Kim has an awesone life and gets to be God in his country. Hes not giving that up in exchamge for annihilation.

Sabre rattling is not new for north korea. Theor people need an outside force to blame the conditions of theor country for. Thats the USA. Kim himself is fully aware of the reality though.

They could launch a nuke into south korea with a fucking catapult. Dont need much to threaten a country you share a border with. No ICBMs nessasary.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/north-korea-launches-long-range-rocket-south-says-n512891
ICBMs are necessary to hit the US though. Did anyone say that ICBMs are needed to hit the South? No, they did not.
They've already put a satellite into orbit. That means it's only a matter of time until they can miniaturize a warhead capable of being inserted into the nose-cone of an ICBM.
The threat is that we lose any bargaining power and can be held hostage to whatever this regime decides to use it as leverage for.

Your source saying he is close is Kim himself.

They arent gonna do shit. Kim has an awesone life and gets to be God in his country. Hes not giving that up in exchamge for annihilation.

Sabre rattling is not new for north korea. Theor people need an outside force to blame the conditions of theor country for. Thats the USA. Kim himself is fully aware of the reality though.
You don't know how the future plays out, so stop pretending that you do.
A good strategist weighs every possibility and applies the appropriate response accordingly, and that means taking any and all precautions against any possibility. Sticking your head in the sand in lieu of a foriegn policy will get us into trouble down the road.
Back in the early 90's we were assured that the Norks nuclear ambitions were peaceful, and that they would not pursue the bomb.
They have the bomb and now have a satellite in orbit. I think it's time to take our collective head out of the sand and realize that in about a decade (maybe sooner) they will have the capacity to threaten American cities. Nuclear blackmail doesn't really appeal to me, but, maybe I'm crazy.

Ever

Again

America lost the war for Korea, that's why we have a north and south Korea in the first place

America can't deal with slanty eye'd asians, it's better just get the ones that fuck camels
We have a North and South Korea because of WWII. The US did not lose the Korean War. It's technically considered a military stalemate, but that's a bit of a misleading description because after China became involved and caught the US by surprise the status quo is what the US sought to return to. The US had a mere 300,000 troops in Korea fighting China's million man army and the North. The main objective was to save South Korea. The US could've without question sent in enough men to completely take over, but everybody was far more concerned about the Soviets and not wanting to get bogged down fighting in Asia. Saving South Korea was good enough.

The US would absolutely destroy North Korea, the problem is no one wants it. China doesn't want it. South Korea would take massive damage and then would have to not only deal with reconstruction in South Korea, but they'd have to spend decades rebuilding and absorbing an absurdly underdeveloped North Korea and all the people that come with it. It would be a complete disaster for all the relevant parties.

100796_funny-reaction-north-korea-kim-jong-un-kim-jong.gif

This War brought to you by Northrup Grumman

I always think it's funny people say we need to intervene in Syria because Assad may or may not have used chemical weapons on citizens while fighting terrorists

But at the same time ignore that n Korea is putting people in concentration camps and murdering them

Ever

Again

Depends on what you mean by lose

We "lost" in Vietnam by murdering the shit out of them and killing them way more than they could kill us, until we got sick of killing them and went home

We didnt lose the Korean War by any means

I always think it's funny people say we need to intervene in Syria because Assad may or may not have used chemical weapons on citizens while fighting terrorists

But at the same time ignore that n Korea is putting people in concentration camps and murdering them

When you say people I assume you mean "elected officials".

When you say people I assume you mean "elected officials".

Elected offficials, media talking heads and the protestors I drive past in Costa Mesa, holding up signs saying with things such as "inaction=terrorism" "avenge Aleppo" "assad=Putin=hitler"

Why would North Korea actually attack the US?

They gain far more just being the squeaky wheel and and getting the grease (aid). It's basically their foreign policy to sabre rattle looking for handouts.

We should invade and fuck up another part of the world. Maybe it will be a slam dunk like Iraq. 2+ trillion dollars later

Elected offficials, media talking heads and the protestors I drive past in Costa Mesa, holding up signs saying with things such as "inaction=terrorism" "avenge Aleppo" "assad=Putin=hitler"

The protestors are sheep (not all protestors, but those protestors)
The elected officials and the media go together like peas and carrots.

Why would North Korea actually attack the US?

They gain far more just being the squeaky wheel and and getting the grease (aid). It's basically their foreign policy to sabre rattle looking for handouts.

Because you have isolated them from trading.

Because you have isolated them from trading.

Ok, and their strategy is to be a pain in the ass (at least in terms of sabre rattling and launching a few missiles into the sea designed to get attention). I can't think of any strategic value in attacking the US though.

Ok, and their strategy is to be a pain in the ass. I can't think of any strategic value in attacking the US though.
If a large powerful world power intentionally went about trying to isolate your country from the ability to sustain trading relationships with other countries so that you cant sustain economic freedom, wouldn't you go about to make a pain in their ass ?

Ever

Again

actually military-wise the vietnam war was a huge success and the Vietnamese got massacred rather easily. The difference in kill count was immense, every battle was a easy American victory, and it was basically like the other guy said, we left when the cost of killing them, maintaining order, and public outcry at home became too much.

the only country to piece up the americans was the british (twice). Although if it was flat out 1vs1, I'm sure the Germans during WW2 would have pieced us up also.

Back