Social Abraham Lincoln R* the 1st homosexual President of America ...?

You're talking in circles in an attempt to be right when you were proven to not have been informed of some of the claims.
Clear agenda at being right at all cost or a fake expert.

Its not 'talking in circles' by repeating the cracks in your argument that you can't dispute.

*You can't quote any of the letters you supposedly read, or even look up the quotes you supposedly read.

*You constantly say 'See the Documentary' although you haven't seen it.

*You're and admitted liar.
He hasn't even seen the documentary and he's already saying that the letters were taken out of context. Already dismissing it. Pathetic.

The letters were taken out of context within the trailer.

Did you bother to see it?

They put special empasis on the 'What Stuff!' quote.

But according to the Wiki about Lincoln's sexuality, here's the full context -

"Elizabeth Woodbury Fox, the wife of Lincoln's naval aide, wrote in her diary for November 16, 1862, "Tish says, 'Oh, there is a Bucktail soldier here devoted to the president, drives with him, and when Mrs. L. is not home, sleeps with him.' What stuff!"[16] This sleeping arrangement was also mentioned by a fellow officer in Derickson's regiment, Thomas Chamberlin, in the book History of the One Hundred and Fiftieth Regiment Pennsylvania Volunteers, Second Regiment, Bucktail Brigade. Historian Martin P. Johnson states that the strong similarity in style and content of the Fox and Chamberlin accounts suggests that, rather than being two independent accounts of the same events as Tripp claims, both were based on the same report from a single source.[45] David Donald and Johnson both dispute Tripp's interpretation of Fox's comment, saying that the exclamation of "What stuff!" was, in that day, an exclamation over the absurdity of the suggestion rather than the gossip value of it (as in the phrase "stuff and nonsense").[46]

Who wants to bet the documentary also leaves out this needed context?

Its not 'talking in circles' by repeating the cracks in your argument that you can't dispute.

*You can't quote any of the letters you supposedly read, or even look up the quotes you supposedly read.

"Elizabeth Woodbury Fox, the wife of Lincoln's naval aide, wrote in her diary for November 16, 1862, "Tish says, 'Oh, there is a Bucktail soldier here devoted to the president, drives with him, and when Mrs. L. is not home, sleeps with him.' What stuff!"[16] This sleeping arrangement was also mentioned by a fellow officer in Derickson's regiment, Thomas Chamberlin, in the book History of the One Hundred and Fiftieth Regiment Pennsylvania Volunteers, Second Regiment, Bucktail Brigade. Historian Martin P. Johnson states that the strong similarity in style and content of the Fox and Chamberlin accounts suggests that, rather than being two independent accounts of the same events as Tripp claims, both were based on the same report from a single source.[45] David Donald and Johnson both dispute Tripp's interpretation of Fox's comment, saying that the exclamation of "What stuff!" was, in that day, an exclamation over the absurdity of the suggestion rather than the gossip value of it (as in the phrase "stuff and nonsense").[46]

You're basing this off a trailer? They're literally designed to not give full context. That's how they keep them so short. You can't be serious.

This is ridiculous.

It was common to share beds back then. 2 guys, 1 bed, either stick to a side or hit the floor.

The trailer I posted and created the thread about?
Lmao you literally watched it because I brought it up. Its a trailer.
So not only do you not understand how most credible documentaries work by presenting multiple view points.... You dont even understand that the movie trailer shouldn't have all or some of the most critical pieces of evediednce in it or else nobody needs to watch the movie...lol

Again. Nobody can discredit the doc until they watch it. Could be good could be bad.
Its OK for you to support all the shitty speculation that supports your preconceived notions and hope that Lincoln wasn't clapping man cheeks. While you cry speculation about the other side.

Please stop misusing "out of context." Putting an additional explanation for a subjective claim about what "what stuff" could have meant according to a historian's opinion is not "out of context."
You started this whole conversation dismissing the notion that historians should be able to pass off their interpretations as facts. Now, every one of your new justifications contains a historians opinion. As long as it supports your hope.
Please try to be consistent with your logic and justifications & apply them both ways.

I don't have an argument. You're making a strawman because you cant cope with the simple & logical criteria I set up to judge these wild claims.
My point for the 5th time since you are having trouble twisting it:
-This is brand new to me. Never heard these allegations before.
-The world doesn't revolve around me. I also don't know everything. So it is 100% possible that this was a controversy prior to "LGBTQ woke culture." & boom what do you know. Its been a thing since the 90s. & It was a thing even in that time period 170 years ago when these accounts were documented.
-A dead dude with a beard being gay does NOTHING for the homosexual community. So if they were going to pick a president to carry this out they could of picked a much better one. All this does is trigger the right & fake moderates.
-The documentary could be informative or it could be a complete piece of crap. Happens a lot with documentaries. The ones that look good suck...& the ones that look boring and uninspiring are real sleepers!
-My mind is open to either scenario. I would need the documentary to somewhat prove or show
1. That Lincoln shared a bed with a man while his wife was out of town on a DC summer night. Waking up in eachothers' clothes.
2. Letters from Lincoln that were similar to love notes i passed in class to girls when I was a kid at the least.
3. The people who wrote or made the claims back then were credible.

That's pretty reasonable. I set my standard prior to watching. I'll stick with my standard, unlike you Mr. Cold Illinois' Winters. BRRRRRRRR

The trailer I posted and created the thread about?
Lmao you literally watched it because I brought it up. Its a trailer.
So not only do you not understand how most credible documentaries work by presenting multiple view points.... You dont even understand that the movie trailer shouldn't have all or some of the most critical pieces of evediednce in it or else nobody needs to watch the movie...lol

Again. Nobody can discredit the doc until they watch it. Could be good could be bad.
Its OK for you to support all the shitty speculation that supports your preconceived notions and hope that Lincoln wasn't clapping man cheeks. While you cry speculation about the other side.

Please stop misusing "out of context." Putting an additional explanation for a subjective claim about what "what stuff" could have meant according to a historian's opinion is not "out of context."
You started this whole conversation dismissing the notion that historians should be able to pass off their interpretations as facts. Now, every one of your new justifications contains a historians opinion. As long as it supports your hope.
Please try to be consistent with your logic and justifications & apply them both ways.

I don't have an argument. You're making a strawman because you cant cope with the simple & logical criteria I set up to judge these wild claims.
My point for the 5th time since you are having trouble twisting it:
-This is brand new to me. Never heard these allegations before.
-The world doesn't revolve around me. I also don't know everything. So it is 100% possible that this was a controversy prior to "LGBTQ woke culture." & boom what do you know. Its been a thing since the 90s. & It was a thing even in that time period 170 years ago when these accounts were documented.
-A dead dude with a beard being gay does NOTHING for the homosexual community. So if they were going to pick a president to carry this out they could of picked a much better one. All this does is trigger the right & fake moderates.
-The documentary could be informative or it could be a complete piece of crap. Happens a lot with documentaries. The ones that look good suck...& the ones that look boring and uninspiring are real sleepers!
-My mind is open to either scenario. I would need the documentary to somewhat prove or show
1. That Lincoln shared a bed with a man while his wife was out of town on a DC summer night. Waking up in eachothers' clothes.
2. Letters from Lincoln that were similar to love notes i passed in class to girls when I was a kid at the least.
3. The people who wrote or made the claims back then were credible.

That's pretty reasonable. I set my standard prior to watching. I'll stick with my standard, unlike you Mr. Cold Illinois' Winters. BRRRRRRRR
The whole documentary is nearly 2 hours long. So, yeah, the sneak peek trailer is only going to give a very brief glimpse. Due to time constraints they can't contextualize hardly anything but I figured this was obvious to everybody. Guess not lol.

I came here to say this. When he was alive nothing 50 years after his death he was hay had one ball and a micro penis it bullshit.
You have to love the Johnny Come Lately posters who read none of the thread...none of the links...& just post some debunked "didn't read" "my initial emotional response doesn't need any facts or evidence. "

This was a topic 170 years ago & allegedly the doc references first hand witness accounts from them.

You're basing this off a trailer? They're literally designed to not give full context. That's how they keep them so short. You can't be serious.
Do you agree that if they leave out the context of 'David Donald and Johnson both dispute Tripp's interpretation of Fox's comment, saying that the exclamation of "What stuff!" was, in that day, an exclamation over the absurdity of the suggestion rather than the gossip value of it (as in the phrase "stuff and nonsense").

...it discredits the entire 'documentary' as bias propaganda?

'Documentaries' are now special kinds of films that cannot be disputed. Its very obvious the entire point is to show biased arguments and evidence out of context favorable to their agenda.

The 'documentary' isn't an open debate between historians.

Do you agree that if they leave out the context of 'David Donald and Johnson both dispute Tripp's interpretation of Fox's comment, saying that the exclamation of "What stuff!" was, in that day, an exclamation over the absurdity of the suggestion rather than the gossip value of it (as in the phrase "stuff and nonsense").

...it discredits the entire 'documentary' as bias propaganda?

'Documentaries' are now special kinds of films that cannot be disputed. Its very obvious the entire point is to show biased arguments and evidence out of context favorable to their agenda.

The 'documentary' isn't an open debate between historians.
No, I do not agree with you. Again you still have no idea what a trailer is. They don't have to put everything in a time sensative teaser to cater to you already a dismissive skeptic.

& No again. There have been plenty of documentaries that present multiple sides or views. Its far from uncommon.

You keep going in circles not understanding the basics. The fact that you are struggling with documentaries & trailers makes me not want to value your opinion after you watch it.

I would say watch the movie then form an opinion, but I no longer care because you are going to dismiss any & everything no matter what.

Enjoy the movie.

I at least have the integrity to watch it.... Then call it out if it presented 0 counter arguments or was 100% jump to speculation from non credible weird pseudo historians.

If it's bullshit, trust me I would say I was let down & it was a silly theory with no strong evidence or documented accounts.

I dont get why everyone is so bedded down or married to their hardline stance on this.... bedded down & married like Abe & Josh should of been..........................😆

@Old Cat how triggered does this make you???

They are presenting this thing like its a fact....
Guess this has been a known thing for a while. Can't believe I never heard these historic documented accounts before.

What does the party of Lincoln have to say about some of this documented history????

What the !

Obviously, I’m not a big fan of the man, but I’m not willing to go this far. 🤪🤪🤪

What the !

Obviously, I’m not a big fan of the man, but I’m not willing to go this far. 🤪🤪🤪
Ok... But what would you say if he shared a bed with his bodyguard on a hot DC night while his wife was away?

Thats the biggest claim they think they can document or verify so far in the documentary.

Do you believe it was common for bros to spoon eachother platonic like on a hot summer nights while the wives were away back then?

They don't have to put everything in a time sensative teaser to cater to you already a dismissive skeptic.

Then they should not have put that clip in the trailer at all if they're planning on giving a balanced view at the whole situation.

Trailers are always a preview of the film itself, and they never subvert the expectations based on the trailer they made.

Apparently you have no idea what a trailer is.

The fact that you are struggling with documentaries & trailers makes me not want to value your opinion after you watch it.
It doesn't matter if you value my opinion.
After watching 'Making a Murderer' I assumed, against the presented biased narrative of the series, that Steven Avery was guilty of murder and is rightfully rotting in prison for the rest of his life. And after learning of evidence and testimony not presented in the 9-episode series which they actively chose not to include, my initial suspicions proved to be correct.

With 'An Inconvenient Truth' I knew it was bullshit because I went to public schools throughout the 90s and was force feed the global warming propaganda that the world temperatures would spike, and 10+ years later by 2004 no progress had been made toward those doomsday-level predictions. So, now 20 year later its an incovenient truth that no short-term predictions made in that 'documentary' have been correct and no progress has been made in the long-term predictions made in that 'documentary.'

So it doesn't matter if you value my opinion or not, discrediting it as 'contrarian' although that's ironic because the entire argument that Lincoln was gay is contrarian against all established history.
I at least have the integrity to watch it.... Then call it out if it presented 0 counter arguments or was 100% jump to speculation from non credible weird pseudo historians.
I've already told you I'll watch it.
I'm just not going to pay to watch it.
When you see a torrent link PM it to me.

When you watch it keep in mind the historical context of "What Stuff!" If they include the full context I will praise them for giving a balanced view on the subject. But if they imply, as they do in the trailer, it was an insinuation of gossip, then the 'documentary' is propagandistic trash.

Then they should not have put that clip in the trailer at all if they're planning on giving a balanced view at the whole situation.

Trailers are always a preview of the film itself, and they never subvert the expectations based on the trailer they made.

Apparently you have no idea what a trailer is.

It doesn't matter if you value my opinion.
After watching 'Making a Murderer' I assumed, against the presented biased narrative of the series, that Steven Avery was guilty of murder and is rightfully rotting in prison for the rest of his life. And after learning of evidence and testimony not presented in the 9-episode series which they actively chose not to include, my initial suspicions proved to be correct.

With 'An Inconvenient Truth' I knew it was bullshit because I went to public schools throughout the 90s and was force feed the global warming propaganda that the world temperatures would spike, and 10+ years later by 2004 no progress had been made toward those doomsday-level predictions. So, now 20 year later its an incovenient truth that no short-term predictions made in that 'documentary' have been correct and no progress has been made in the long-term predictions made in that 'documentary.'

So it doesn't matter if you value my opinion or not, discrediting it as 'contrarian' although that's ironic because the entire argument that Lincoln was gay is contrarian against all established history.

I've already told you I'll watch it.
I'm just not going to pay to watch it.
When you see a torrent link PM it to me.

When you watch it keep in mind the historical context of "What Stuff!" If they include the full context I will praise them for giving a balanced view on the subject. But if they imply, as they do in the trailer, it was an insinuation of gossip, then the 'documentary' is propagandistic trash.
No they shouldn't of done a dam thing to appease somebody who was going to hate and discredit it just because.

At this point go away until you watch it. You're not engaged in any meaningful conversation. Your argument has turned into a nobody trying to tell people there a rules for movie trailers and documentaries.

You can't be fkn serious. Man are you lazy.
- Get your own torrent
-Spend $20 & watch the movie. You said you were excited to see it to poke holes in it.
@Kovalev's "Man Bag" can you believe this guy. Got his hand out for a torrent.

I wouldn't mind sending it to you if you were an honest actor who could concede to fair & normal points.

However, we both know you have NO intentions of watching it with an open mind or admitting if there is any compelling evidence or credible historian.

Back