About the boo-ing against JDS post-fight

Came for the booing, left with a history lesson on definitions of racism. I love sherdog.

Give it long enough and every argument on Sherdog will boil down to racism.

yes everyone must act like the Japanese. Who cares how much money you paid for tickets, voicing your opinion about a fight is a no no.

Btw anyone who watches boxing knows that Mexicans flock to Vegas for the big combat fights and they are constantly booing or trashing fighters opposing their favorite fighters.

I sometimes buy a ticket on a bus but you wont hear shouting at the driver giving him shit about his driving or which route he takes. Paying for something doesn't excuse asshole actions, it doesn't give you carte blanche to act like an idiot. Stop defending the actions of the moronic.

I don't like this mentality of "I paid so I can do what ever I want". Yeah, freedom is nice. But not when it stacks over someone's else freedom.

I hate to do generalizations and say stuff like oh this happens in the USA and it wouldn't in France", so I'll stay far from it. However, a good example of respect was UFC 154 in my hometown. How we are behind GSP in his fights is incredible to witness, yet a lot of respect was shown for Carlos Condit, and the guys didn't feel like he had to vanish right after to avoid being squashed by a riot.

That, I like. Now, as I said, I'm not saying that we Qu

Was a bit sad. You could see it hurt big JDS after that gruelling fight for people to boo is just a kick to the nuts. Kicking someone when they're down. Fuck them.

Then the UFC needs to capitalize on Brazil vs Mexico TUF immediately.

Some people, from all over the world, are loud assholes. Not much more to say.

what a generic answer lol

In my opinion you can boo a fighter all you like before a fight, but after a fight the guy deserves your respect. Obviously if you pay for a ticket you're free to do what you like, but the right thing to do would be to show some respect for someone who takes years off their lives for your entertainment.

Make like the Japanese, shut the fuck up and applaud at the end. That's it.

Haha, yeah.

Not really sure how you can boo a guy who's always smiling and being nice. Yeah he gassed and looked awful for five rounds, but c'mon.

I disagree when people boo.
But I don't know why it's being such a big issue this time. Lesnar was booed after losing against Velasquez, Mir was booed in his last fight against JDS, and I'm sure there are a lot of other examples.

In my opinion you can boo a fighter all you like before a fight, but after a fight the guy deserves your respect. Obviously if you pay for a ticket you're free to do what you like, but the right thing to do would be to show some respect for someone who takes years off their lives for your entertainment.

Hell no you can do whatever you want just because you have a ticket. Booing fighters are something only uncivilized trash-bags do. And I bet you can't even explain why it should be ok to boo before a fight.

Only time I think its ok to boo is during a really bad fight like maia vs weidman. Also you can boo a team in transports. It's still disrespectful, but atleast the disrespect isn't pointed towards a single person.

Not trying to be racist or anything, but Mexican Cain fans are pretty fucking ridiculous, in a bad way. Every time he fights I hear or see someone trying extra hard to hate on his opponents for the sole fact that they aren't Mexican and aren't Cain.

Back