Aaron Williams vs Jose Luis Herrera plus Jason "overweight" Estrada Tonight on ESPN2

I guess thats why all these cats be ducking him.

Hey Shawn, maybe you should have pressed Sycuan to put that Fight together harder.

shit. i totally missed the tko. and i knew that would happen if i went to the other room. Oh well the Lundy fight was good and bradley is a good guest

Honestly, why was he fighting Herrera, bro? The guy can do NOTHING but bang. He turned on of the toughest hombre's in the history of the sport, into liquid a couple of years ago.

Aaron had never been chin checked and you don't want that first chec to be against a guy who can turn them out with just a couple of shots.

Im at a loss here.

It might have something to do with most of his sparring partners lately being pretty significantly bigger than him, and he's been going 10 rounds at a time (with 2 guys) and faring well.

They might have honestly thought he'd just out-box Harrera, which it sounds like he was able to do and just didn't.

Bah. Sometimes I just don't get what goes through the heads of these suits.

Would you guys say Herrera is one of the hardest punchers in the sport today?

No. But he's still nothing to fuck with. Guys like him who can hit you right, can turn them out. This isnt reserved to Aaron Williams either....who is a good fighter, just one who got a pretty nasty wakeup call. It happens.

On a side note, Herrera was paying in the vicinity of +950 and the over/under had been set @ 5.5 rounds. For those that don't gamble alot thats VERY short.

Wow,

Im really disappointed with Williams. The guy could have easily had him out by the 1-2 rounds but just wasnt aggressive at all. It seemed as though he was just trying to stretch the fight out. It seemed as though he wasnt even throwing punches in the past few rounds. Huge mistake and a Big wakeup call. Hes young though and he'll rebound.

Didn't see the fight, but on the maxboxing report they really emphasise the role the doc played in the fight... not that it would have really changed the outcome, but that he was jumping in of his own voilition during the bout to examine fighters... i.e. after surviving a knockdown he jumped up and examined the guy, giving him an extra 10/20 secs to get his head together.

Was this the case, and does anyone think it would have made a difference?

if your a prospect or a vet who has the potential to be ranked as a contender maybe u should stay off of espn boxing cards; it seems that all they do is specialize in people getting upset-andy lee-mike oliver-aaron williams-all upset and more importantly koed on espn card, not to mention that cat who got smoked by the korean fighter who was like 12-5.

if your a prospect or a vet who has the potential to be ranked as a contender maybe u should stay off of espn boxing cards; it seems that all they do is specialize in people getting upset-andy lee-mike oliver-aaron williams-all upset and more importantly koed on espn card, not to mention that cat who got smoked by the korean fighter who was like 12-5.

I would disagree. As long as you prepare for your fights and take them seriously, it shouldn't be a problem where you fight.

I'm stunned and mad that I missed the fight. Someone please put this on youtube or show me a link.

Estrada looked pretty good, I liked his uppercuts and this time he actually looked like he was going for the KO.

Back