Aaron Williams vs Jose Luis Herrera plus Jason "overweight" Estrada Tonight on ESPN2

bostonmma

Gold Belt
Reaction score
Aaron Williams 198.5 vs Jose Luis Herrera 199
Jason Estrada 239 vs Moultrie Witherspoon 231
Henry Lundy 140.5 vs Steve Almarez: 139.5
Joey McCreedy 171.5 vs Henry Mayes 174.5
Angel Camacho, Jr. 169.5 vs Andre Hemphill 170
Richard Starnino 163.5 vs Richard Royal 161
Isander Beauchamp 116 vs Elvis Rodriguez ??

Aaron Williams makes a quick return to FNF and he faces knock out artist Jose Luis Herrera. Herrera has 15 KOs in 15 wins, but i bet he hasn't faced a puncher like Williams before. And Herrera has been KO'd himself 4 times so this fight may not last too long, look for Williams to get yet another highlight KO. Here is Aaron's great KO from last year YouTube - Aaron Williams vs De Leon Tinsley Now Williams is the hottest cruiserweight prospect and many people have ducked him, hopefully after tonight he'll be ready for some top 20 guys.

Opening things up will be Jason still overweight Estrada, Estrada has not been afraid to fight some tough competition and even pushing 260 he almost beat Travis Walker last year on Shobox. Sadly Estrada has little power but he has fast hands, and I call him a fatter and more feather fisted version of Eddie Chambers, both have the footwork and the fast hands to go inside and land a lot of punches and both lack finishing power.

Also if there is time we should see a nice little scrap between 2 undefeated 140 pounders in Lundy vs Almarez. Lundy is a tough Philly fighter and he faces Texan Steve Almarez who has faced very soft competition. Fights start at 9 enjoy.

Aaron's been looking beastly in the Gym, sparring with Derrick Harmon among others who've been pushing him.

Yesterday he was doing Ray Robinson's old skip-rope tricks.

Thanks for the preview, Boston. Estrada looked OK the last time I saw him on FNF, but I kept thinking how much better he'd be if he lost some weight. I look forward to seeing Williams.

I just looked over Williams' record to see who he'd faced.
It looks like he's ready to step up the competition a little bit. He did it some already with Purlette, but I'd like to see him in with somebody of that caliber again.
Herrera's best opponent has been Jorge "I'm 129-11-3 now" Castro, who he split a pair of knockouts with. He's also lost to Tavoris Cloud and LaFarrell Bunting (15-0 and 15-0-1, I think), so he's lost whenever he's tried to step up to someone like Williams' level.
Just thought I'd throw in this info for anyone curious.

Several Cruisers have refused to fight Williams. Ola Afolabi and Eric Fields wouldn't fight him, Williams is a very dangerous guy and a former national am champ. He is trying to step up and maybe he can get a shobox fight soon.

Ah, so he's tried to step up and is being ducked? Well, I guess you have to take the best fights you can get then.

Several Cruisers have refused to fight Williams. Ola Afolabi and Eric Fields wouldn't fight him, Williams is a very dangerous guy and a former national am champ. He is trying to step up and maybe he can get a shobox fight soon.

Liu routinely kayoes him @ Top Rank.

Reading Herrera's fight results (losses) it seems like he's been in some shady fights. Check this out:

* Castro came forward in round 1, while Herrera offered little resistance.
* For unknown reasons, the referee gave Herrera a standing 8 count at the beginning of round 2, just as Herrera got off his stool.
* In round 2, Herrera would go down four times on glancing blows before the referee stopped the fight.

Let's hope that this Herrera doesn't show up tonight. Don't be surprised though if he goes down on some bullshit.

Everyone ducking Aaron Williams now? Please. We can hype our favourites without going overboard.

estrada is the most feather fisted HW i have ever seen. He landed some vicious uppercuts in the first round. If it was any other fighter, it would have been over.

i dont want to make a new thread for it, but is Hattons fight being aired in the US???????? I checked espn, hbo, and shotime's sites... didnt see it :(

Yeah, Hatton is on versus, yet HBO were happy to show a bunch of sloppy prospects last weekend instead. Heart and Soul of boxing baby...

Yeah, Hatton is on versus, yet HBO were happy to show a bunch of sloppy prospects last weekend instead. Heart and Soul of boxing baby...

yea, what the heck.

it is so funny how just the show your broadcasted on implies how high your stock is in the US (cant comment on other countries)

this last fight should have been a draw. The last score they read was especially retarded.

edit: decent 4 rounder though. Lundy needs to be fighting 6 rounders at this point

Back