Aaron Pico is getting his groove going

I'd rather see him against someone like Derek Campos, Sam Sicilia, Noah Lahat, Brandon girtz, tywan Claxton or Jay Jay Wilson. I feel any of these guys could be ranked in the #10-15 range in Bellators FW division.
I think Tywan is a favorable match up for Aaron, though Tywan is not without talent.

it will be next to impossible to live his early career setbacks down.
People have been willing to bypass every setback of Pico almost immediately. I'd argue his early setbacks are already lived down.

I know I'm gonna catch a lot of shit for saying this but is Bellator's FW division nearing the UFC's FW division? You have, Pitbull, Borics, Caldwell, Burnell, Carvalho, Claxton, Corrales, Diatta, J. Gonzales, Jeremy Kennedy, Macapa, AJ, Pico, Saul Rogers, Emanuel Sanchez, Daniel Strauss, Weichel, Whiteford, and Jay Jay Wilson, that is 20 high level fighters. Plus, solid up and coming guys like Weber Almeida, Ilias Bulaid, Cirian Clark, Cody Law, and van Roosmalen. FW and WW in Bellator are solid AF. TBH I do believe Pitbull is the best FW in the world, although that is of course debateable.

It's good, but the UFC's FW division is just stupid.

Alex Volkanovski, Max Holloway, Zabit, Brian Ortega, Yair Rodriguez, Korean Zombie, Calvin Kattar, Edson Barboza, Dan Ige, Arnold Allen, Ryan Hall, Cub Swanson, Jeremy Stephens, Kron Gracie, Josh Emmett, Shane Burgos, Makwan Amirkhani, Movsar Evloev, Daniel Pineda, Nate Landwehr, Herbert Burns, Alex Caceres, Sodiq Yusuff, Andre Fili, Bryce Mitchell, Hakeem Dawodu, Julio Arce, Zubaira Tukhugov, Grant Dawson, Giga Chikadze.

It's absolutely fucking stacked.

It's good, but the UFC's FW division is just stupid.

Alex Volkanovski, Max Holloway, Zabit, Brian Ortega, Yair Rodriguez, Korean Zombie, Calvin Kattar, Edson Barboza, Dan Ige, Arnold Allen, Ryan Hall, Cub Swanson, Jeremy Stephens, Kron Gracie, Josh Emmett, Shane Burgos, Makwan Amirkhani, Movsar Evloev, Daniel Pineda, Nate Landwehr, Herbert Burns, Alex Caceres, Sodiq Yusuff, Andre Fili, Bryce Mitchell, Hakeem Dawodu, Julio Arce, Zubaira Tukhugov, Grant Dawson, Giga Chikadze.

It's absolutely fucking stacked.
While I agree the UFC's FW division is better than Bellator's, I think Bellator is also thriving and is not far behind. Its a matter of the depth of the division, just like with every other division. Bellator has 20 solid fighters, while the UFC has 30+ solid fighters. IMO, the top 3 in both division is very competitive though. Pitbull, AJ, and Sanchez match very will with Volkanovski, Hollowy, and Edgar. From there, again is a matter of depth. My issue with the UFC's FW division is that some of their prospects didnt end up panning out (Amirkhani, Landweher, Burns, Hooper), some of the talent is getting old (Barboza, Swanson, Stephens, Pineda, Hall), and they are stalling a bit at the top, IMO. Fortunately, Brian Ortega and Kalvin Kattar are appearing as future contenders to the title soon.
Having said that, Chikadze, Evolev, Emmett, Burgos, Dawson, Allen, Dawodu, and Mitchell are fucking killers and some of my favorite fighters out there. That is 8 great fighters that are very underrated IMO. The UFC continues to push Yair and Zabit but to be honest I'm not very impressed by either of them. Basically due to their inactivity and some glaring holes in their games. The UFC should be pushing these other guys more; they are the one who should be talked about in the rankings and making title runs after Ortega and Kattar.

Last edited:
While I agree the UFC's FW division is better than Bellator's, I think Bellator is also thriving and is not far behind. Its a matter of the depth of the division, just like with every other division. Bellator has 20 solid fighters, while the UFC has 30+ solid fighters. IMO, the top 3 in both division is very competitive though. Pitbull, AJ, and Sanchez match very will with Volkanovski, Hollowy, and Edgar. From there, again is a matter of depth. My issue with the UFC's FW division is that some of their prospects didnt end up panning out (Amirkhani, Landweher, Burns, Hooper), some of the talent is getting old (Barboza, Swanson, Stephens, Pineda, Hall), and they are stalling a bit at the top, IMO. Fortunately, Brian Ortega and Kalvin Kattar are appearing as future contenders to the title soon.
Having said that, Chikadze, Evolev, Emmett, Burgos, Dawson, Allen, Dawodu, and Mitchell are fucking killers and some of my favorite fighters out there. That is 8 great fighters that are very underrated IMO. The UFC continues to push Yair and Zabit but to be honest I'm not very impressed by either of them. Basically due to their inactivity and some glaring holes in their games. The UFC should be pushing these other guys more; they are the one who should be talked about in the rankings and making title runs after Ortega and Kattar.

Imo Zabit would tool everyone in Bellator apart from Pitbull (and I think he quite possibly does beat Pibull).

I'm real high on Zabit skill wise though

Imo Zabit would tool everyone in Bellator apart from Pitbull (and I think he quite possibly does beat Pibull).

I'm real high on Zabit skill wise though
Skillwise, yes, Zabit is incredibly talented. He will tool Yair whenever they fight. However, he is rather inactive and his gas tank is extremely suspect. The fact that he refuses to be in 5 round fight shows that glaring weakness in his game. This is why I think someone like Sanchez who has crazy cardio and puts insane pressure could exploit that weakness. Actually, that would actually be a fun fight, in 5 rounds I would favor Sanchez. Kattar would win a 5 round fight against him, too, IMO.

Back