Aaron Pico is getting his groove going

He was a beast in wrestling and should’ve been one of the youngest competitors to make the Olympic team since Cejudo.

He’s damaged goods. Not a good sign for a FW getting knocked unconscious multiple times early in his career.

tumblr_plz23zsA2h1udfb8oo1_400.gifv

Worried about his chin being weak.

I think he could potentially beat both of them now.

Borics isn't as good as I thought he was going to be and Pico was dominating that fight until the knee and I doubt he makes the same mistake again, I'd like to see the rematch.
Something happened to Borics lately right? He seems too hesitant, a bit off. He is coasting to decisions rather than being the killer he once was.

Something happened to Borics lately right? He seems too hesitant, a bit off. He is coasting to decisions rather than being the killer he once was.

I think the Caldwell fight has made him hesitant to push forward and strike as freely so he doesn't get taken down over and over again.

Though I did feel like he turned a corner in the last minute or so of his last fight, when he looked like he broke the mental block a little bit and looked dangerous again. Hopefully we see more of that.

I think he can beat Borics in the rematch. If I remember correctly he rocked Corrales and started brawling with him and got KTFO

Worried about his chin being weak.
its def not great which is why a grinder style is best for him
trying to play boxer like every MMA fighter does now is way too risky and doesnt even make best use of his abilities, Jacksons are doing a great job

Pico has a long way to go, but he is stitching his game together. One major thing that worked against him was that he came in so young and with so much hype, that it will be next to impossible to live his early career setbacks down.

Had he taken his lickings in the amateurs, it could have been dismissed as "amateur and pros are different", but starting your pro career the way pico did is a tough mountain to climb.

One thing of for certain, Pico is never in a dull fight. great ko.

hope he continues to put it together.

I'd like to see how he handles another guy around the level of Jesus, you know a 12-5, 9-4, etc kind of fighter but with better stand up game. Then I'd like to see him in there against some more legit well rounded guys and see if he can keep his composure with them. Getting KO cleanly against guys like Borics and Corrales who aren't known for KOing fools(they're both more grapplers than anything else) isn't a very good sign.

I know I'm gonna catch a lot of shit for saying this but is Bellator's FW division nearing the UFC's FW division? You have, Pitbull, Borics, Caldwell, Burnell, Carvalho, Claxton, Corrales, Diatta, J. Gonzales, Jeremy Kennedy, Macapa, AJ, Pico, Saul Rogers, Emanuel Sanchez, Daniel Strauss, Weichel, Whiteford, and Jay Jay Wilson, that is 20 high level fighters. Plus, solid up and coming guys like Weber Almeida, Ilias Bulaid, Cirian Clark, Cody Law, and van Roosmalen. FW and WW in Bellator are solid AF. TBH I do believe Pitbull is the best FW in the world, although that is of course debateable.

I know I'm gonna catch a lot of shit for saying this but is Bellator's FW division nearing the UFC's FW division? You have, Pitbull, Borics, Caldwell, Burnell, Carvalho, Claxton, Corrales, Diatta, J. Gonzales, Jeremy Kennedy, Macapa, AJ, Pico, Saul Rogers, Emanuel Sanchez, Daniel Strauss, Weichel, Whiteford, and Jay Jay Wilson, that is 20 high level fighters. Plus, solid up and coming guys like Weber Almeida, Ilias Bulaid, Cirian Clark, Cody Law, and van Roosmalen. FW and WW in Bellator are solid AF. TBH I do believe Pitbull is the best FW in the world, although that is of course debateable.

I think the only people you would catch shit for saying that from is people that don't watch MMA outside the UFC. FW is by far Bellator's best division and I would pick Pitbull over Volkanovski.

When you put it like that it is a way more in depth division than the UFC. Plenty of those fighters would make the top 5-10 in the UFC. I think Aj Mckee may potentially be the future best 145er. I want to see him face some more diversity before I am fully sold though.

I think the only people you would catch shit for saying that from is people that don't watch MMA outside the UFC. FW is by far Bellator's best division and I would pick Pitbull over Volkanovski.
Pitbull is criminally underrated, he is a damn sniper with his hands and has also possibly the most KO power in the FW division. I have only seen Conor have that much power in FW. Props to Carvalho for standing with him but in hindsight that was a stupid idea, there is a reason why even pressure fighters like Emanuel Sanchez dont like to get near Pitbull...you will get hurt if you do.

Out of curiosity i want to see the percentage of strikes landed by Pitbull. Shit, he might have landed everything the threw.

When you put it like that it is a way more in depth division than the UFC. Plenty of those fighters would make the top 5-10 in the UFC. I think Aj Mckee may potentially be the future best 145er. I want to see him face some more diversity before I am fully sold though.
Although if Pitbull beats AJ there are still plenty of FW in Bellator to claim the next title shot, I dont think any of them hold more of a chance than AJ. AJ is still young though, perhaps he hasnt reached his peak yet, which is a scary thought.

Bellator's FW division is better imo.

Bellator lately signed way better fighters than UFC

Juan Archuleta definitely deserves a mention too. 25-2, only recent loss to Pitbull. It's definitely a stacked division. I know he gets shit for that KO and trying too hard to be Conor, but James Gallagher is good prospect too. And Ricky Bandejas, who KO'd him, is a solid fighter as well. Think he might have changed divisions though.

He was a beast in wrestling and should’ve been one of the youngest competitors to make the Olympic team since Cejudo.

He’s damaged goods. Not a good sign for a FW getting knocked unconscious multiple times early in his career.

tumblr_plz23zsA2h1udfb8oo1_400.gifv

At 20 years old, Cody Garbrandt got knocked out so violently he had a seizure in the cage and even with a suspect chin, nonexistent fight IQ, and a fraction of the wrestling pedigree Pico has, he still went on to win a UFC title against the BW GOAT.

Pico will be fine if he continues to maximize his comparative advantage and stays away from damage for a while.

Juan Archuleta definitely deserves a mention too. 25-2, only recent loss to Pitbull. It's definitely a stacked division. I know he gets shit for that KO and trying too hard to be Conor, but James Gallagher is good prospect too. And Ricky Bandejas, who KO'd him, is a solid fighter as well. Think he might have changed divisions though.

Both are down at BW—Archuleta recently won the vacant title against Patchy Mix. In fact, Bellator’s BW division is shaping up very nicely as well. They already have Archuleta, Pettis, Mix and Higo and just signed Matheus Mattos and Magomed Magomdov (the guy who went 1-1 against Yan).

I'd like to see how he handles another guy around the level of Jesus, you know a 12-5, 9-4, etc kind of fighter but with better stand up game. Then I'd like to see him in there against some more legit well rounded guys and see if he can keep his composure with them. Getting KO cleanly against guys like Borics and Corrales who aren't known for KOing fools(they're both more grapplers than anything else) isn't a very good sign.
I'd rather see him against someone like Derek Campos, Sam Sicilia, Noah Lahat, Brandon girtz, tywan Claxton or Jay Jay Wilson. I feel any of these guys could be ranked in the #10-15 range in Bellators FW division.

Back