Aaron Pico is fighting tomorrow

I like this match with Carey-he's on a good win streak and has some real talent so it will be a good win for Pico. And if he loses it will be another heartbreak but not the end unless he chooses so.
I still believe in the powers of Pico!!!

Pico should redeem himself, Bellator really ruined his career.

What time's his match? I need to know when to switch to Bellator if it's even on their app.

Did you ever see what Eddy Bravo said about Pico on the Rogan podcast? (I think it was during a livestream of one of Pico's fights).

Apparently a young Pico went to 10th planet jiu jitsu, and it kind of sounded like he wasn't very coachable (and that his team were more yes men as opposed to giving him constructive criticism). Eddy said he wanted to have Pico focus on his grappling (given his elite level wrestling), but he seemed like he was committed into turning into a striker. They parted ways on amicable terms, but Bravo didn't sound too surprised when Aaron got starched in his last fight.
yeah eddie knows his shit when it comes to his realm of expertise, its no happy accident that tony has been working with eddie for so long and has the success he does, its unfortunate when you come into so much success and then lose your head, picos last fight he secured TDs and then looked pretty clueless what to do after that which is wild because he should be the type of fighter that when he gets a TD the round is over and has the potential to get a finish on top, didnt know that about eddie before your post that makes sense now in hindsight

Altamimi on now on Bellator app, so guessing Pico is next.

He looked really good, solid defense, and good IQ, I hope he can get back on track, he's really talented.

Pico has all the talent in the world. He has a shaky chin though. Jackson’s is a perfect gym for him because they preach game plans and discipline. If Pico fights smart his physical gifts can take him far but ultimately I think his chin will let him down again eventually.

Pico looked excellent. I was very enthused by the viciousness of the GNP. When he fought Borics he wasn’t able to do any damage with his top position. Also looks like he learned some lessons about getting wild. If he fights more controlled then his chances of getting hit with punches he doesn’t see coming(KO punches) go down.

I’ll have to see 1 or 2 more of these before I start shoveling coal Into the engine of the Pico hype train again but I was pleased with his performance.

Pico looked excellent. I was very enthused by the viciousness of the GNP. When he fought Borics he wasn’t able to do any damage with his top position. Also looks like he learned some lessons about getting wild. If he fights more controlled then his chances of getting hit with punches he doesn’t see coming(KO punches) go down.

I’ll have to see 1 or 2 more of these before I start shoveling coal Into the engine of the Pico hype train again but I was pleased with his performance.

I think he needs about 2 more of these to really retrain his mind in that moment. We saw him consciously control himself last night. When he doesn't have to think about it do much, and as he continues to improve that ground work... He'll be terrifying again

Aaron Pico fought a can who probably started MMA in his late teens

L
O
L

Pico is extremely talented, but he will never be able to rattle off wins consistently. His chin is pretty much a guarantee of that.

Pico is extremely talented, but he will never be able to rattle off wins consistently. His chin is pretty much a guarantee of that.
No, it's not. The kind of shots that took him out are not the sort of shots you're guaranteed to take in MMA. It's not like he gots sparked by a jab. If he works on his defense, grappling and strategy (which he clearly is) he can still go very far in the sport. Pico has a rare set of attributes to work with.

He wasn't taken out by grazing shots or average everyday right hands. He was taken out by shots he never saw because he fought like a moron that knows he can put out anyone's lights before they can put out this. They're all paying attention, he wasn't. As his continues to strengthen the links between the different phases of his game, I think you will start to see opponents look less and less sure about what they want to do.

You're not going to see too many giant strikes land at that point. If he can continue to control himself, he'll eliminate even more opportunities to catch him. It's all about whether he can develop that self control or not.

I'm still unsure on that point. He was very deliberate in this last fight. That's ok, but it means that he'll be easily dragged into making stupid decisions when he's put in bad spots.​

New camp is working out for him.

Back