A year after May-Pac, Pacquiao sounds like he's having money problems already....

still has a net worth over 300million? lol hater
No shit , he just made 220 mil last year .

But something tells me a guy who spends millions on gambling , lavishes a horde of leeches and groupies with gifts and cash , and owns a fleet of luxury cars of the same model and color might not be the best example of someone that's good with money ?

People should spend there money however they want and we should mind our business. Unless Floyd and Manny start buying slaves or something, I would never give their money a second thought.

I think Warren Buffett advised Floyd personally that, if he's going to blow money on cars, that he only buys highly coveted, special edition models that will never depreciate. Buying that $2 million Bugatti is actually not a foolish investment because he can sell it for more a year later. I think Floyd has three.

Pacquiao treats his money like the average NBA player would; Floyd treats his like he's Shaq.

People should spend there money however they want and we should mind our business. Unless Floyd and Manny start buying slaves or something, I would never give their money a second thought.

What if he bought transgender/white person surgery[that's the clinical term, i know]to find out what it was like to be a white woman as an experiment to use their bathrooms and to get white privelege. Only later to returned to himself.

Would you care then?

I agree. But I definitely don't like seeing guys sell their belts because they need groceries. It's their choice but if I had my way I'd shake them until they came to their senses. Especially Broner. Shake all of the twenty dollar bill out of his pocket.

What if he bought transgender/white person surgery[that's the clinical term, i know]to find out what it was like to be a white woman as an experiment to use their bathrooms and to get white privelege. Only later to returned to himself.

Would you care then?

Eh, we saw that experiment already with Bruce Jenner.

I agree. But I definitely don't like seeing guys sell their belts because they need groceries. It's their choice but if I had my way I'd shake them until they came to their senses. Especially Broner. Shake all of the twenty dollar bill out of his pocket.

Manny Pacquaio is not selling his belts for groceries. That's why I don't understand this thread. It's based on nothing.

Manny Pacquaio is not selling his belts for groceries. That's why I don't understand this thread. It's based on nothing.

Definitely not; I was going to mention that I wasn't talking about Manny specifically but went with brevity and hoped for the best. I was just responding to the notion that we shouldn't care about how boxers spend their money. I kind of agree, except that I do care when they wind up like Iran Barkley.

It's not much but there's some humanity under this bat-suit.

Definitely not; I was going to mention that I wasn't talking about Manny specifically but went with brevity and hoped for the best. I was just responding to the notion that we shouldn't care about how boxers spend their money. I kind of agree, except that I do care when they wind up like Iran Barkley.

It's not much but there's some humanity under this bat-suit.

I know, but the premise of this entire thread is that Pac said he boxes as a main source of income, and that somehow that implies he's in trouble. It's dumb. Some variation of this pops up every couple months, for the last 7 years. It's a not-so-subtle insult thread, poorly disguised as concern for his well being.

I know, but the premise of this entire thread is that Pac said he boxes as a main source of income, and that somehow that implies he's in trouble. It's dumb. Some variation of this pops up every couple months, for the last 7 years. It's a not-so-subtle insult thread, poorly disguised as concern for his well being.

I'm not defending the thread - I think everyone with eyeballs agrees with you.

ya, that sounds good until some of these guys come out with sob stories of how a promoter, manager, hangers on ripped them off. Tyson was in a bad way awhile ago and if his words are true, he'll never pay back the IRS, but he did a lot of stupid shit, with people telling him he was doing stupid shit, fortunately, he has a public who loves him and would pay to see him onstage/television/big screen.

I don't really see any reason to believe that Pac is in financial trouble.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw...illion-blow-in-tax-evasion-case/#2f2f7f0e4d9f
And don't forget we already talked about the double taxation issue people want to defend him with, which doesn't apply to what he's facing. I actually posted the tax codes in a thread a year or two ago clearing it up. Pacquiao's money issues may be very much real. It happens...
$75m is no joke. And we can already assume, of the winnings he was earmarked to receive, he only realized a portion of that Net after Top Rank fees for venue, promotion, representation and agency fees. Word is, after its all said and done, Top Rank and Bob Arum come out with the larger part of Manny's total publicized take. Why do we think Oscar, Floyd and Cotto jumped ship the first chance they had? $75M can be a very very hard blow to the maybe less than $100m Manny has actually walked away with in his career/net worth.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back