A waitress says diners left her no tip and left a "LOL" note.

RoninJin

Holla At Me If You Like My Avatar
@Black
Reaction score
"Jess Jones, who works at D'Jais Bar & Grill in Belmar, N.J., wrote on Facebook that a table of eight with a $112 bill wrote "LOL" next to the tip line with the comment "1 hour for food."

351sv9z.jpg

Damn! Table for 8 and no tip, tortured

Well if the food really took an hour...

Ya I mean if it took an hour. What service are you tipping for exactly. The fact you eventually got what you ordered? Oh how incredible, yes let's part extra for getting what you bought.

not really her fault if the food took forever, unless she left it on the counter for 45 minutes after it took 15 minutes to prepare.

Table for 8 with 112 dollars after tax though? They sound like poor people that each ordered an appetizer.

It being Jersey, she should be glad they didn't stab her in the way out.

Food took an hour? No tip? Not a big deal. I know the waitress doesn't make the food and can't control how busy the place is, but I don't blame them.

It would have depended on the waitresses attitude ....if she apologized for the kitchen, and threw in an extra drink for waiting, I would not have stiffed her..

It would have depended on the waitresses attitude ....if she apologized for the kitchen, and threw in an extra drink for waiting, I would not have stiffed her..

I would have stiffed her.

4319880-6905332273-fonzi.jpg

feels like its been ages since a tippin thread

also dont places include gratuity with parties of 8 or more

1 hour to bring 8 people their food? I'd have to know how busy this place and what they all ordered was before I'd say the LOL was justified or not.

dont worry, she'll get tipped on the next one... and the next one... and the next one...etc.

So what if they did?

They still paid the bill it looks like.

Not really newsworthy.

I served a table of 7 Koreans before. Paid with cash and left nothing. Gave them good service too.

not really her fault if the food took forever, unless she left it on the counter for 45 minutes after it took 15 minutes to prepare.

Doesn't matter whose fault it is.

The service could have been A1 and it's still their right to leave zero tip if that's what they choose.

Money comes and goes. But how can you put a price on something as precious as a warm smile?

Back