A waitress says diners left her no tip and left a "LOL" note.

I served a table of 7 Koreans before. Paid with cash and left nothing. Gave them good service too.

I know. I know. It wasn't your fault bro. It was about them - not you.
Come'ere

Roger-Goodell.jpg

Last edited:
True story: A guy in my college program did his senior project on whether there is a correlation between different races and the size of tip they leave. It rustled some jimmies because I'm pretty sure he found that black people tipped less by a statistically significant margin.

The black servers I worked with throughout my career had the same reactions the white people (and every other race) had when they were sat with a black table. It just is what it is.

It's not only black people that have a bad reputation for tipping though. Canadians, British, and Japanese (I don't know why specifically Japanese) are all know for being bad tippers. Personally I've only encountered a couple of Canadians who fit that stereotype. I think that one's an older stereotype to be honest.

The black servers I worked with throughout my career had the same reactions the white people (and every other race) had when they were sat with a black table. It just is what it is.

It's not only black people that have a bad reputation for tipping though. Canadians, British, and Japanese (I don't know why specifically Japanese) are all know for being bad tippers. Personally I've only encountered a couple of Canadians who fit that stereotype. I think that one's an older stereotype to be honest.

Cuz we ain't got time fo dat. Gotta save dat monies for crack, baby mamas, and guns.

Black people are the worst to wait on in the restaurant business.

Run you around like crazy than stiff you almost every time.

This is a universal truth in the restaurant business. It's a well know Fact any place you go.

Yay race debate

I have a black waiter friend who is pretty good and friendly but usually gets tipped less than other non black waiters.

Lol too easy

It's funny cause even though I'm not black I look black and I always had black people tip me well. The only thing I could figure out was that maybe black people are more comfortable giving extra money to people of their own race.

These two old black ladies pissed me off once though cause there was some chicken on the floor and they asked if I could pick it up. So I went and grabbed the sweeper/dustpan. The lady immediately told me not to sweep it up. So I was like "uuuhhh how am I supposed to pick up this food" Lady:"With your hands". I looked at her like she was a fucking nut and just walked away. Told my coworker what happened and he ran up behind them and quickly sweeped it up before they could get a word out. They tried to tell my manager but 0 fucks were given.

Tipping
Ever

No

I am not your employer, I don't need to pay you.

It's not only black people that have a bad reputation for tipping though. Canadians, British, and Japanese .

can't speak for Canadians,i would've thought the culture would've been the same as the US,its not really the custom to tip virtually everywhere else in the world,Japan sees it as an insult.

I personally think its bullshit,the money the server takes home,should all be from their employer.

Back