A waitress says diners left her no tip and left a "LOL" note.

It's customary to not tip in Asia

They could have simply not known

Even in China, or Hong Kong or places with lots of chinese.

The FOB chinese in USA who work in restaurants dont even consider tips to be a courtesy. It is basically mandatory.

Jesus Christ dude.
I have a feeling you stay in a lot.
And if not you probably should.

As I said, I tip. And I usually tip 20-25%. Sometimes more, or less.

But either it's optional or it's not.

And if it is optional then you don't need a reason to not tip. That's just how it is.

i'm sure the counter thread from the bill payee's point of view will be out shortly.

As I said, I tip. And I usually tip 20-25%. Sometimes more, or less.

But either it's optional or it's not.

And if it is optional then you don't need a reason to not tip. That's just how it is.

My apologies I read it as you saying you have not tipped in that amount of time.
So I actually do agree with you, and obviously do not assert and retract that you should stay sheltered.

LOL

memes-pool-party-lol_o_814939.jpg

Wow, all that cancer in one post, impressive.

Also I never tip, not my thing. I pay good money for a service, I ain't gonna randomly pay more because the service was delivered.

I get it isn't her fault but I wouldn't tip if the food took that long either.

Also, I'm sick of servers acting like an act of courtesy is a duty. Fucking pay them minimum wage and let's just move the fuck on. If you get tipped then awesome but I'm tired of this idea that the customer is supposed to subsidize the employment force of an establishment (no matter the quality of service apparently) and pay for their food or whatever else on top of it all.

Fuck that.

Except the restaurant would just turn around and charge more. I understand what you are saying about subsidizing their payroll tho.

I get it isn't her fault but I wouldn't tip if the food took that long either.

Also, I'm sick of servers acting like an act of courtesy is a duty. Fucking pay them minimum wage and let's just move the fuck on. If you get tipped then awesome but I'm tired of this idea that the customer is supposed to subsidize the employment force of an establishment (no matter the quality of service apparently) and pay for their food or whatever else on top of it all.

Fuck that.

Dude, you should try living in Canada.

Wait staff get paid the same minimum wage as everyone else here (which is $10.50 + per hour, depending on the province) and still expect to get the same types of tips that American waiters and waitresses get (15%-20% for average service).

I'm from jersey and Djais is always filled with so much hot ass u wouldn't even believe it.

It's been there forever and it's always popping no matter when u go.

It's a place where bartenders on busy night make 800-1000 for the night.

The restaurant part is next door though. Not in the bar club itself.

Except the restaurant would just turn around and charge more. I understand what you are saying about subsidizing their payroll tho.

Well, yeah. That's what they should do. That's what practically every other industry does.

Should have done the auto-gratuity for a large party.

I served a table of 7 Koreans before. Paid with cash and left nothing. Gave them good service too.

It's customary to not tip in Asia

They could have simply not known

Even in China, or Hong Kong or places with lots of chinese.

The FOB chinese in USA who work in restaurants dont even consider tips to be a courtesy. It is basically mandatory.

348s.jpg

ls.jpg

Notice the 10% Service Charge and 7% GST at the bottom. Most Asia countries have the "Tipping" mandated into 10% Service Charges. So we don't do the actual tipping action. When we go overseas, this easily slip our mind.

EDIT:
I tried tipping before few years back, bill was $40+ and I just walk out leaving a $50 note. Waitress ran out to pass me the changes and I told her it's her tip. She went

5df84009e3bbae199bf3fab251b59c4d.gif

and silent standing there for 5s+. I took back the few bucks and walked off.

These days, I will just ask if the restaurants has feedback/compliment forms. And compliment them if they are a full time worker. Extra word if the manager is around when I leave.

Last edited:
Ya I mean if it took an hour. What service are you tipping for exactly. The fact you eventually got what you ordered? Oh how incredible, yes let's part extra for getting what you bought.

She is not the chef. It is about being prompt as far as it is in her control. Don't make me go all fucking Mr White in here!

mr-white.jpg

Those diners were well within their right not to leave a tip if they weren't happy with the service. But they don't have to be dicks about it by writing down "LOL" in that spot, though.

I used to wait tables when I was in school. It can be a very demeaning job. Not tipping is fucking pathetic. Do people realize how much servers make an hour without tips?

I personally leave 30% tip on a good/great server. 15% for an average server and 5% for a shitty server.

I know servers can have off nights or circumstances outside of their control that effect their service.

I am 33 years old and I have never not left a tip. Cheap ass motherfuckers...

Wow, all that cancer in one post, impressive.

Also I never tip, not my thing. I pay good money for a service, I ain't gonna randomly pay more because the service was delivered.

Do you pay a premium for the services you acquire or do you just mean in general : ordering pizza, going out to eat , movers etc. ?.

She is not the chef. It is about being prompt as far as it is in her control. Don't make me go all fucking Mr White in here!

It doesn't matter, they're all on the same team.

I could easily understand how someone may be inclined to tip less when the overall experience is bad regardless of whose fault and that's probably what does happen more times than not (though not tipping at all being much more rare).

Tip is for good service. Bad service? No tip.

That said, I can't think of a time I was so disappointed that I didn't leave something close to the normal 15%. I will just be polite, tip the minimum amount, then never eat there again.

I used to wait tables when I was in school. It can be a very demeaning job. Not tipping is fucking pathetic. Do people realize how much servers make an hour without tips?

I personally leave 30% tip on a good/great server. 15% for an average server and 5% for a shitty server.

I know servers can have off nights or circumstances outside of their control that effect their service.

I am 33 years old and I have never not left a tip. Cheap ass motherfuckers...

Aaand Heeree Weee Goooo...

1hr wait? Fuck that shit - Unless she gave the males BJ's and banged tacos with the females no monetary tip is justified.

Back