A Strike/Strikes That Could Kill A Man

Don't forget Gary Goodridge v Paul Herrera -

hstjrb.jpg

I agree, a well placed, "misplaced?" upper cut from a HW could be extremely deadly.

Someone posted this few days back, Ex-Boxer killing someone
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-hard-left-dead-standing-prison-release.html

Also, again a well placed, "misplaced?" strike to the temple is one of the more dangerous strike as well. It can basically break some nerves. I'm very layman on this knowledge but seen documentary that depicted this.

Knees are generally the only strikes that kill. lots of concussive force.

Here's an underdog vote:
Gomi's hooks on Azeredo: massive force given his ~170 lb frame and on the button.

I don't think one shot is going to do it.

Without a pre existing injury I think a prolonged beating could possibly be the end for a healthy fighter.

For example- imagine Kongo vs Al Turk, but it goes 3 rounds and ends like that fucked up joe Warren fight in bellator with loads of brutal shots but the guy doesn't go down right away. (This is why is happens in boxing, prolonged pumishment on a brain that has already received too much trauma from knockout type blows but the fighter was able/allowed to continue)

Dan's H-bomb on Bisping. You can't hit a man much harder than that. It was FULL power and right on the chin. I think I'd die if I got hit like that :eek:

Agree, that was a deadly/scary sequence, felt bad for Bisping though I was rooting for Hendo.

i was worried for joe warren when curran was destroying him.

GarzaPaixao1.gif

I don't think Paixao has woken up yet. I remember he had to be taken out on a stretcher.

The referee there is Mazzagatti, correct? He was on point with the stoppage.

Knee to chest is probably the most dangerous when we're talking about instant death--the heart can be stopped by such a strike.

I know it aint strikes but I genuinely though jones had killed machida

Yup. I picked the worst fight to introduce MMA to the folks. I got instantly labeled as a "bloodthirsty psycho". Now I have to watch MMA in a separate room otherwise I get shit on for being "addicted to violence". :(

Dan's H-bomb on Bisping. You can't hit a man much harder than that. It was FULL power and right on the chin. I think I'd die if I got hit like that :eek:

I agree. I would at least be in a coma and sipping outta straws for the rest of my life. It hurt me and I was in my living room watching it on tv.

GarzaPaixao1.gif

I don't think Paixao has woken up yet. I remember he had to be taken out on a stretcher.

That's def. a scary one. Dude looks dead.

Rashad's HK on Salmon was scary too, dude was out for 13 minutes:

29gdcav.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back