• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

a rift in the gym

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you spend the weekend trying out different coleslaw recipes...once you find a good one, bring that into the gym next week and casually ask if anyone wants some of your coleslaw.

You'll definately get invited to the next BBQ, cos they'll want more coleslaw.

If you don't like coleslaw or if it's not that kind of gym...maybe try potato salad.

this!

my gym is more of a crudit

Do you feel that your game is improving more than it would in other schools? As you get better and train longer, you will also be part of the "click". Other people might give you hell but I know what you mean though.

man, i've been "biting my tongue" for quite some time, but i've had enough...

i'm part of this "clique" you speak of...i know who you are! i've been watching you post these stupid, trollish threads, and i'm ashamed that you air our "dirty laundry" to the sherdog world.

so, here's some more "dirty laundry" i'll add to the pile...

1. nobody likes to roll with you because you spaz out like a fish out of water. we've tried telling you that you can't possibly armbar your opponent when you're mounted...it just doesn't work like that.

2. wash your gi, and your mouth...everyday. your gi is brown and rancid like a dead fish, kind of like your game, but dead. your breath smells like rotten asparagus, try brushing teeth with crest.

3. stop talking during rolling sessions...just save it. your opponent doesn't care that your girlfriend cheats on you.

these are just a few reasons why you aren't allowed in our elite circular group of friends....fix that up and see where that gets ya.

situation-omg.gif

get tougher skin man!!

BJJ and the outside world are NOT the same thing!! Just bc your instructor makes or made certain friends amoung the students and chooses to hangout with them outside the school...does NOT mean you need to be invited!

Im sorry but you sound a lil bit like a 1st grader who didnt get invited to Lil Johnnys Bowling Party and feels left out!

As long as he is fair to you DURING class that is all you are paying for....and all he is entitled to do for you.

And now u wanna leave????? I dont mean to sound like a d-bag here...but cmon really?? And now you are publicallyyyy complaining about not being invited to things?!?!

BJJ is BJJ....the outside world is the outside world!! If you joined BJJ to make more friends FINE, but your instructor does not have to include you in his PRIVATE life just bc you pay him to teach you martial arts!!

i'm part of this "clique" you speak of...i know who you are! i've been watching you post these stupid, trollish threads, and i'm ashamed that you air our "dirty laundry" to the sherdog world.

1. nobody likes to roll with you because you spaz out like a fish out of water. we've tried telling you that you can't possibly armbar your opponent when you're mounted...it just doesn't work like that.

2. wash your gi, and your mouth...everyday. your gi is brown and rancid like a dead fish, kind of like your game, but dead. your breath smells like rotten asparagus, try brushing teeth with crest.

3. stop talking during rolling sessions...just save it. your opponent doesn't care that your girlfriend cheats on you.

these are just a few reasons why you aren't allowed in our elite circular group of friends....fix that up and see where that gets ya.

Man, if this is for reals, Sliver D has been owned like no other.
True or not, would love to hear more stories about him:icon_chee

OMFG, if this is legit, I really, REALLY cannot wait to see what happens next class! Please keep us updated!

BTW, "your gi is brown and rancid like a dead fish, kind of like your game, but dead. " Holy christ monkeyballs that is funny as fcuk.

Get ya popcorn ready....

I say we keep bumping this thread, forever if Silver D doesn't respond-D

just for the record, i'm not the only one that knows this cat...there are 2 (two) others on this board that are semi-daily posters, and i'm not going to hornswaggle them into this mess...but, if they're willing to give some input, that's on them.

Thanks for posting this. SilverD, judging from his posting habits and immature threads, seems to be a prick. I can vividly imagine the type of person he is based on how he acts combined with your descriptions. Hopefully he just leaves the forums or BJJ.

long time lurker first time poster because of this thread. Whoever owned tha scrub is my new hero gawd i hate people like this...

BJJ brings people together from ALL WALKS OF LIFE....i hang out with people who i never would have otherwise if it were not for BJJ. It helps you see who people really are and can help you choose good friendships.

So if your not getting invited to "bro time" outside the gym it probably means...wait it DEF. means its you not them.. No one is obligated to hang out with you man that kind of mentality is why you probably don't have friends in the first place. Stop trying to follow a clique and just try to enjoy BJJ with people who enjoy you (if there are any)

Getting mad skillz at BJJ will get you respect faster than sucking at the teet of the cool kids.

Be a fucking alpha

just for the record, i'm not the only one that knows this cat...there are 2 (two) others on this board that are semi-daily posters, and i'm not going to hornswaggle them into this mess...but, if they're willing to give some input, that's on them.

kimble09, your post might just make "post of the year" on sherdog and you're not going to brag about it?

i feel a rift in my gym. my instructor sometimes has get togethers and stuff and he only invites a select number of people. he would have barbeques and celebrate birthday parties and what not and i would not get invited. sometimes i feel alienated and it kinda makes me not like the instructor and his clique (which of course includes some of my 'teammates') not a whole lot but to a small degree. and a lot of times a member of the clique would have get togethers and would only invite a select few also. oh yeah, my instructor is a young dude maybe 2 or 3 years older than me. i don't know this just rubs me the wrong way. and don't lie. you know you dislike those that snub you.

well anyways do you think this is an acceptable reason to leave the gym? the reason being that i don't like the exclusivity and cliques? i mean i joined bjj to get away from everything but obviously i can't get away from everything all the b.s. and stuff. the stuff i hated in high school i am seeing in my gym. in your eyes is this a good reason to leave?

why don't you ask if you can go? he probably doesn't think you care

i just bun bighead blunts in the park across the street after class.

Didnt get me any friends but as i said, i get to bun bighead blunts in the park across the street after class, so im obv winning.

Also, how do you know that they don't like you? Are you quiet? BJJ gyms often involve large numbers of people. you might just get forgotten about a little over the louder people. put yourself out there a little more and see what happens but if they give you a hint just take it and don't be "that" guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back