Economy A Record Number of Americans Quit Jobs

Best of luck to them. All it really does is make everything more expensive, and we have a pretty open border with people coming in who will take those jobs. These aren't skilled jobs people are leaving, they're jobs anybody could do, and the states with over 7% unemployment are California, Connecticut, NY, NJ, Nevada, Hawaii, NM, and Illinois.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-unemployment-update.aspx

Yeah, that's the reason they quit. Sure.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/06/1094672

Last edited:
People might be quitting cause they feel their work isn't adequately compensated...

And some on the right will say people want free money and are lazy...

Then business support mass illegal immigration and H1B visas...

And the right will complain that wages are going down, the Democrats are supporting illegal immigration and trying to change demographics....
Seems accurate. Democrats and their corporatist allies will look for any reason to push their open borders agenda.

So non skilled workers quit in hopes to find better paying jobs in a time the administration is looking to increase immigration.

K

The imported labor just hasn’t caught up with demand yet. It probably won’t until after Xmas but when retail and shipping start looking to cut back there won’t be all the openings and more people will feel they need to hold onto their consistent payday. That being said smart people should take advantage of what’s happening to move up or move on to some other opportunities that they might not have in the future. With a lot of openings it’s a good time to get a foot in the door of a better career.

The imported labor just hasn’t caught up with demand yet. It probably won’t until after Xmas but when retail and shipping start looking to cut back there won’t be all the openings and more people will feel they need to hold onto their consistent payday. That being said smart people should take advantage of what’s happening to move up or move on to some other opportunities that they might not have in the future. With a lot of openings it’s a good time to get a foot in the door of a better career.

I'm not against the concept, usually this shit isn't a zero sum game. I just don't trust timely follow through of the lower classes and this shit is impact costs and access to goods for the rest of us. If they have already got the new jobs, awesome.. If not and then don't for an extended period of time, then fuck em.

The Corporatocracy isn't only represented by Democrats. Recall that Regan signed the first amnesty. And guys like Rush limbaugh have been Corporate shills for decades.
True. Swamp creatures cross party lines.

I'm not against the concept, usually this shit isn't a zero sum game. I just don't trust timely follow through of the lower classes and this shit is impact costs and access to goods for the rest of us. If they have already got the new jobs, awesome.. If not and then don't for an extended period of time, then fuck em.
I’m not really cheering for it I’m just pointing out that its an opportunity for the more ambitious that won’t last forever. In the mean time the middle class who already put the work in to get what they have get screwed by the inflation. I do think their solution is to flood the markets with cheap imported labor.

Seems accurate. Democrats and their corporatist allies will look for any reason to push their open borders agenda.
I think you have it all mixed up It wasn't the Democrats that pushed that trillion dollar tax cut for corporations in 2017 it was the Republicans, in 2021 it's not the Republicans pushing to raise taxes on corporations and beef up IRS enforcement it's the Democrats and the Republicans are the ones fighting against it tooth and nail.

Maybe people are finally realizing they don't need to put up with shit wages for the jobs they do.

they can always start their own business and be self employed if they don't like how much a guy giving them a job pays them

Quitting is a new virtue to be regarded. Anybody who quit must certainly have been being oppressed.

It's another statement of victimhood that seems trendy amongst the unskilled and goalless.

Back