1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Economy A Record Number of Americans Quit Jobs

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by luckyshot, Oct 12, 2021 at 7:24 PM.

1. HOLA Yellow Card Yellow Card

There's no fucking Entenmann's products at my local supermarkets. This is mayhem, pandemonium! I was in the mood for their chocolate chip cookies.

RogerB08 likes this.
  2. mjfan23 Gold Belt

Record low like debt and inflation?
    Biden’s America

3. Zazen Black Belt

Are they really pro-mass immigration though? It feels like dems have deported the same if not more than Republican presidents. I mean, Obama went crazy with the deportations and people said the same about him.

4. Jballer Red Belt

Employers have had workers bent over for the last 50 years. Now they’re crying when the tables are turned. I think Matt Serra put it best when he said good, fuck em.

DoctorNick, Ornife, Fronk and 4 others like this.
  5. luckyshot Voted Most Reasonable Platinum Member

Well, you know what they say, if a tree falls in a forest, nobody gives a fuck.

I certainly agree with you there. I'm union.

Idk, Russian, Brazilians, Mexicans... a lot of "machismo" cultures have puckered assholes about gender stereotypes.

6. NickNick Black Belt

As someone from Pittsburgh and knows a lot of PNC employees, I find it bit ironic seeing someone from there comment on this when it is a known practice to leave and come back several months later for more money because of their extremely poor record of raises for existing employees.

7. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Yeah, I wish they were super pro-immigration, as that's one of the easiest ways to improve quality of life for the country with policy, but the reality is that they're only slightly less supportive of it than Republicans.

8. Scheme Black Belt

The countries with the highest quality of life are all generally a mono-culture with very little immigration.

Goonerview likes this.
  9. HeffDoesWant Brown Belt

The wash up is,
    "Over the 12 months ending in August 2021, hires totaled 72.6 million and separations totaled 66.7
    million, yielding a net employment gain of 5.9 million. These totals include workers who may have been hired and separated more than once during the year."

10. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

False.

RogerB08 likes this.
  11. PrinceOfPain Gold Belt

Didn't think you'd be so open that you think ignorance is bliss. I guess you'd have to be.
    Again, pathetic - you're not going to be able to rest on the laurels of yesterday forever.

I don't see many Russians, Brazilians or Mexicans running around screaming "It's ma'am!!!" like psychos, nor do I see them caring if their toy stores are categorized by gender. They're also not insisting that men and women compete against each other in athletic competition, because they're so sensitive about gender stereotypes that they have to openly ignore biology. I don't think any of those groups have lowered military fitness standards in order to somehow prove - in contradiction of science - that men and women are the same. Those countries rarely ever bring up gender stereotypes or roles.
    Your guys' obsession with gender stereotypes is so overwhelming that it causes you to ignore reality (much like the falling tree you don't care about).

Your celebration of ignorance is... interesting, I guess.

newjerseynick likes this.
  12. Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

If more people are quitting during increased employer demand and with unemployment continuing to fall, that's a good thing.
    It means they are getting better jobs.
    It's been some time since sticking with a company for raises and promotions was the most viable way to progress.

[​IMG]

luckyshot and Tairy Hesticles like this.
  13. Tairy Hesticles Purple Belt

Good. It feels like workers have leverage for the first time in decades.

cooks1 likes this.
  14. Nameless Ghoul Red Belt

My brother in Law will retire early from the military next month from refusing to take the "shot" . He has experienced adverse effects from other pevious "required" career vaccines, to where he's been hospitalized, and he decided that this one(with a family now) just isn't worth it.

For me, I am not in that same place, I will sadly take the shot if my career "depended" on it. However, I am thankful that my company(of 5,000 employees+) has chosen a "wait and see" approach, and is going delay any enforcement until it is absolutely legally necessary.

15. LHWBelt Gold Belt

I buy it. My job is desperately trying to fill spots since this shit started and those who have stayed like me are reaping benefits. We're getting an extra 500 a month just for being here, extra paid days off, salary raise, etc. I pretty much stand to make like 6k more next year, move up in senority for better days off, and will be able to take off like 36 paid days vacation pretty much by doing nothing. I'd look for a new job but it's risky switching atm with my wife not working and having 2 little ones at home so it's nice to see the benefits of this even staying where I'm at.

cooks1 and luckyshot like this.
  16. plataoplombo Purple Belt

If all these non skilled employees moved on to better paying jobs, I hope they gain some skills or else wage inflation will put them right back to square one.

17. White Whale Brown Belt

It’s interesting how much pay and benefits increase when people are not working yet Democrats want open borders and uncontrolled immigration while saying the minimum wage should be increased. People on the left seem to be incapable of seeing closed borders and limited immigration helps American workers.

18. Rob Battisti HR for HR

cooks1 likes this.
  19. cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are Platinum Member

For the most part, they are not quitting in the hope of finding a better job. They are quitting for a better job they already got. Unemployment is under 5% and there are 1 million more available jobs than there are unemployed people. Companies could easily address this worker exodus simply by paying people what they clearly have no trouble finding elsewhere.

I find it absolutely baffling that people are actually bitching about wage hikes. It's fucking Stockholm Syndrome. And it hilarious that the people worried about the wage hikes are the same people vehemently opposed to increased immigration, which could ease the pressure. Comedy gold.

I would encourage people to go back and look at what wages and benefits were before the great recession and compare them to now. Companies took an enormous amount away from workers during that period. And they never gave a lot of it back when things improved.

20. cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are Platinum Member

It is being reported. You are just not listening. Despite the fact that people are quitting their jobs in record numbers, unemployment is going down.

I will give you a perfect example.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the 2 largest and best gas station/convenient stores in my area. Historically, if you went into a location, you would find the quality of Gate employees measurably better than that of other gas station/convenient stores. They paid their people a little more, and treated them a little better, than the Race-Trac's, BP's, Shell's, and 7-11's in the area.

Then Buc-ee's came in. You can see this sign at pretty much every one of their locations.

[​IMG]

They opened a location less than half a mile away from the Gate by my house. Within 3 months, nearly all of the best Gate employees had moved over to Buc-ee's. One of them is a retired cop who lives 3 doors down from me who had worked at Gate for 4 years. $1.75 an hour and an extra weeks vacation a year is what he left for. He showed loyalty and gave Gate the chance to match it before he left. They didn't.

Now- I am not a huge fan of Buc-ee's. A bit too kitchy for me and I just find their places a little confusing. It's like they can't make up their mind whether they are a gas station, Home Depot, Gander Mountain, or Cracker Barrel store. They have decent BBQ and jerky though. But make no mistake- they are fucking printing money. And they have no problem paying their people more, and treating them better in the process.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 7:21 AM
    TheJewBear likes this.