Economy A Record Number of Americans Quit Jobs

So... not only have Americans forgotten how to wage war and how to tell the difference between boys and girls, but now you can't even do your jobs?
Lol.

This stuff's going to catch up to you; you're not going to be able to rest on the laurels of past achievements forever.

Good thing we didn't increase minimum wage. That would've surely made them quit even harder lol. There's also a record number of labor strikes going on around the country, so it makes sense that this is tied to working conditions and pay.

Of course, conservatives will say that Biden (somehow) made them quit. He probably mumbled his words too much during one of his speeches and the devastation tore the very fabric of the economy.

Chalk up another occurrence of “what could possibly go wrong?”

It sounds cool to say “yeah is this them sticking it to da man!”. But it’s most likely self entitled lazy asses that forgot that the unemployment train was going to end very soon.

Chalk up another occurrence of “what could possibly go wrong?”

It sounds cool to say “yeah is this them sticking it to da man!”. But it’s most likely self entitled lazy asses that forgot that the unemployment train was going to end very soon.

tbf looking at the whole post if the number of people who quit is less than the number of job opening reductions that month then it suggests the people who quit were able to find alternative work.

I haven't noticed any riots lately, though. People are finally learning to take it easy. Happy times.
The idiots have served their purpose. Media has called the dogs off.They'll go back to inciting riots in the next election cycle.

Many people quit this year with my company. Some cause they couldn't cut it and others cause they had enough and/or found better opportunities. I'm seeing it first hand as we can barely find enough decent workers to keep going... Worked 73 hours last week...

We've had it good for a long time and got soft. We will eventually know we took it for granted, no matter how much "free" shit the government wants to give us...

Good thing we didn't increase minimum wage. That would've surely made them quit even harder lol. There's also a record number of labor strikes going on around the country, so it makes sense that this is tied to working conditions and pay.

Of course, conservatives will say that Biden (somehow) made them quit. He probably mumbled his words too much during one of his speeches and the devastation tore the very fabric of the economy.
Most businesses raised pay up here to at least 15 dollars/hour and people still won't work. Our minimum wage is already over 12/hour too.
Not sure why people think anyone would work when you give them more than they make working to stay home and fear a virus. The intention was to destroy small business and it has worked like magic.

Millennials: I want a lifestyle like my boomer parents. I want a well-paid job for life and ability to buy a house.

Also millennials: Vote Democrats who are pro mass-immigration, which results in lower wages and higher property prices.

I just quit today for a 20% raise at a competitor. 32% in base salary and 20% overall.

Feels good.
This is how this forces companies to raise base salaries of employees. I seen trucking companies in some cases offer 20,000 sign on bonuses an a 100k the first year. Similar for nurses with 5k to 20k sign on bonuses an 75k base starting with increase after the first 6 months. Nurses are especially interesting if you can handle it 3 day 12 hour shifts 4 days off.

Ambulatory drivers have similar schedules but very risky jobs.

Millennials: I want a lifestyle like my boomer parents. I want a well-paid job for life and ability to buy a house.

Also millennials: Vote Democrats who are pro mass-immigration, which results in lower wages and higher property prices.

That and this raises is an adjustment over the massive inflation post pandemy.

I think you have it all mixed up It wasn't the Democrats that pushed that trillion dollar tax cut for corporations in 2017 it was the Republicans, in 2021 it's not the Republicans pushing to raise taxes on corporations and beef up IRS enforcement it's the Democrats and the Republicans are the ones fighting against it tooth and nail.
Its timestamped for you

But they told me that illegals we're taking murican jobs!!! Muricans said they were making wages low for them and that's why they weren't taking those jobs!!!!

Now you have companies paying higher salaries than ever before and muricans STILL don't want to work lol. What a joke.

Looks like illegals are going to have to work those jobs too. I don't want to hear that old excuse ever again.

My employer has a major retention problem, but it's more due to recent mismanagement than anything. Still though, I'm leaving them and going somewhere new that pays more so that's nice.

But they told me that illegals we're taking murican jobs!!! Muricans said they were making wages low for them and that's why they weren't taking those jobs!!!!

Now you have companies paying higher salaries than ever before and muricans STILL don't want to work lol. What a joke.

Looks like illegals are going to have to work those jobs too. I don't want to hear that old excuse ever again.
That’s exactly how it works. There is a labor shortage now but it won’t last. Excessive amounts of cheap unskilled labor will soak up the extra jobs and give the power back to employers. It’s a good time to move up the ladder though. I don’t want to hear excuses in a year about how people can’t break into certain fields that are trying to hire now.

So... not only have Americans forgotten how to wage war and how to tell the difference between boys and girls, but now you can't even do your jobs?
Lol.

This stuff's going to catch up to you; you're not going to be able to rest on the laurels of past achievements forever.

Oh no, I see a terrible future where we don't fight wars, don't work ourselves to death, and aren't hung up about gender stereotypes...

Whatever shall we do?

. The intention was to destroy small business and it has worked like magic.
If your business can't pay a living wage and benefits... maybe you don't deserve to have employees.

Where is it written that small businesses are automatically good? I mean, I know we all rhetorically kowtow to them, as if the Declaration of Independence listed "small business" as intrinsic American value along with "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." But seriously, if a small business is a crappy employer, why should anyone (besides the owner) care about its loss?

Last edited:
Oh no, I see a terrible future where we don't fight wars, don't work ourselves to death, and aren't hung up about gender stereotypes...

Whatever shall we do?

It's cute that think that you have a choice about fighting wars. Given your wealth and influence, the less capable of waging war you become, the more wars you'll likely have to fight. Weakness doesn't necessarily bring peace. And just because you don't know what modern warfare looks like, doesn't mean you're not already being subjected to it.

The idea that you've been working yourselves to death is pretty laughable.

And I don't think that any nation outside of the Middle East is more hung up on gender stereotypes than you are. You're psychotically obsessed.

Most businesses raised pay up here to at least 15 dollars/hour and people still won't work. Our minimum wage is already over 12/hour too.
Not sure why people think anyone would work when you give them more than they make working to stay home and fear a virus. The intention was to destroy small business and it has worked like magic.

I'm not anti vax like you, and I overall respect the deadliness and damage Covid has and can cause, however, you are spot on about small business. The way this pandemic has been handled globally, specifically in the forced closure and limited capacity of small business has absolutely been a killing blow to them. And you see Amazon etc raking in record profits, in fact growing during all of this. Even now, in Communist Toronto Canada the guidelines and rules for small business being open make zero sense. We are allowing people to attend baseball games in the thousands, but moms burger shop can only have 8 inside.

I can't speak to your specific area, but most of these jobs that aren't being filled are under $15/hr. A bump would've gone a long way to alleviate the situation. I mean, imagine your job being so incredibly shitty that you would put your livelihood on the line by refusing to go back to it. It speaks volumes about the working conditions. Why would the government want to destroy small businesses? That hurts them as well.

Last edited:
That’s exactly how it works. There is a labor shortage now but it won’t last. Excessive amounts of cheap unskilled labor will soak up the extra jobs and give the power back to employers. It’s a good time to move up the ladder though. I don’t want to hear excuses in a year about how people can’t break into certain fields that are trying to hire now.
At the movie theater the other day I remarked to my wife; go getters in low skilled jobs can really take advantage. Service is generally bad, but one guy really stood out to us. We let his manager know. Employers are starving for people like that right now.

One of the unintended and positive consequences of the covid pandemic is that for the first time in decades has given workers in general and especially lower end of the wage scale real bargaining power.
That's fine and all for a bit but eventually you need results. And let's be honest , some of these people provide little to no value to a business whatsoever.

Back