A question to you “hardcores

Us hardcores and casuals need to come together. We both love the sport of MMA and thats all that matters...

#CasualsLivesMatter

giphy.gif

Dear diary,
how does this make you a hardcore and me a casual? ...these fighters, their diets, the brands they wear, the food they eat.
I...really follow and care about these fighters.
..the emotional attachment and friendship ... form with these fighters,... simply... have the rush of this sport as intended. I remember crying after Diaz best McGregor, and feeling down for weeks about it. I only really started getting back to myself after Conor sold the proud proper 12 and smashed another record.
I watched cowboy ate mcgregors world first shoulder strikes but I’m constantly thrilled to see McGregor rocking a new Rolex, and you CASUALS are missing out

Us hardcores and casuals need to come together. We both love the sport of MMA and thats all that matters...

#CasualsLivesMatter

In fact the casual is the guy who doesn't love the sport and is here just for one fighter/thing:
TUF (reality TV fan casual)
Brock (WWE fan casual)
Ronda/Conor/etc (hype fan casual)

That's why viewership/PPV numbers go up and down all the time, when the hype/trend goes away the don't follow the sport anymore.

Your a casual for many reasons...posting TMZ and watch pics are just some of the evidence used to make that judgement...

Other shit like saying Mcgregor was the first to throw shoulder strikes is another...

Heres a simple breakdown..

If you only care about 1 fighter or only really watch when they're fighting...your a casual

If you use personal things that happen to a fighter as a victory sport wise - aka look how much he makes though hes clearly the best...

your a casual..

If you cant be bothered to know the history of the sport or the divisions you watch - your a casual

If you watch entire fight cards - your a hardcore

If you have favorite fighters in every division - your a hardcore

If you can draw on experience from other eras to help project the future of current divisions - your a hardcore

So its not that ur a casual cuz of TMZ....

Ur a casual cuz your a mcgregor nut hugger and overall MMA NOOB
giphy.webp

I mean, this is obviously a troll thread. Your post history indicates you’re more on the up and up about mma than this post is trying to indicate.

But fans like this do exist and here’s a real response. There are degrees of casual/hardcore. A true casual only knows a handful of fighters and only watches them fight. More into the personalities and spectacle than the sport itself. A hardcore watches every card in it’s entirety. A diehard fan follows multiple organizations. And there’s multiple other levels of interest in between.

Despite what hardcores will tell you, there’s nothing wrong with being a casual. We all enjoy things to different degrees. But don’t pretend to be more knowledgeable or a bigger fan of the sport when you don’t recognize half the roster. You just look like a jackass.

This is a term-definition argument. Defining the difference between fanboys, mma fans, hardcores, and hybrids thereof. The entire premise is too subjective.

Watching UFC doesn't make you a hardcore fan.

Watching girls get choked and brutally fisted in the ass makes you a hardcore fan.

Your a casual for many reasons...posting TMZ and watch pics are just some of the evidence used to make that judgement...

Other shit like saying Mcgregor was the first to throw shoulder strikes is another...

Heres a simple breakdown..

If you only care about 1 fighter or only really watch when they're fighting...your a casual

If you use personal things that happen to a fighter as a victory sport wise - aka look how much he makes though hes clearly the best...

your a casual..

If you cant be bothered to know the history of the sport or the divisions you watch - your a casual

If you watch entire fight cards - your a hardcore

If you have favorite fighters in every division - your a hardcore

If you can draw on experience from other eras to help project the future of current divisions - your a hardcore

So its not that ur a casual cuz of TMZ....

Ur a casual cuz your a mcgregor nut hugger and overall MMA NOOB

giphy.gif

Imo you're a cashew if the only mma you know is ufc

Can't wait for these hipster Conor fans to abandon the sport like rats when he retires
I think half of them already did, while the other half just jumped on the Ngannou hypetrain. Lol, there's only 100 actual Conor fans left....and those are the "never say die" hardcores, whom as a Conor-hater, I almost have to respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back