A question to you “hardcores

You guys miss the rush, these fighters don’t even need to be fighting for you to get joy from this sport. I haven’t watched a fight since cowboy ate mcgregors world first shoulder strikes but I’m constantly thrilled to see McGregor rocking a new Rolex, and you CASUALS are missing out
I couldn't care less what watch a fighter wears. Who cares if it's Timex or Rolex or Breitling or any other brand? I don't care much what their diet is (hey just make weight!) nor what car they drive, nor where they live.
I do pick up info about certain fighters from MMA websites or interviews or whatever but I certainly would never get a "thrill" from seeing some multi-millionaire wear a new Rolex. That's just silly as hell. I myself like Seiko watches and currently wear a Maserati watch (it was a gift). But who cares, it just tells the time.

- That is basically just the Cult of Celebrity. It's mindless adoration of someone who is famous and wealthy. It doesn't interest me, I am interested in watching great fights and , yes, I have favorite fighters and, yes, I have fighters I do not care for. I might look at TMZ 2 or 3 times per year, that's it.

but you yourself admitted that you haven't watched any fights since Cerrone vs McGregor? That's 1.5years ago. That really kinda (no offense!) does actually firmly put you in the Casual category. How can you be a 'hardcore' if you haven't watched an MMA event in 1.5years?!?!

Nothing wrong with your position but....come on....if you're a proper hardcore support you basically watch every event, as I do and I'd guess 80 or 90% of the regular posters here on Sherdog do too.

Just my thoughts, I wish you well.

Last edited:
Bruh, if there's an alternative for this cesspool i'll gladly follow u there.
They all seem the same from what I've noticed lol. I just like the forum format compared to reddit format so I respond here more and lurk the others. I was a lurker here for years though before making an account lol.

I know what fighters eat and wear , their dreams and aspirations , greatest fears , where they live , where their kids go to school , when they sleep and if they are light /heavy sleepers etc . What can I say I'm a hardcore fan ! :)

And quite possible a stalker ;)

I have noticed on sherdog if I post any TMZ links or tweets, I am called a casual. With them saying things like “I only care about the fights, not the fighters!”

So I have a question, how does this make you a hardcore and me a casual? You don’t know anything about these fighters, their diets, the brands they wear, the food they eat.

I can’t imagine you could be half as invested as somebody who really follows and care about these fighters.

Which leads me to my final point, without the emotional attachment and friendship you form with these fighters, you simply cannot have the rush of this sport as intended. I remember crying after Diaz best McGregor, and feeling down for weeks about it. I only really started getting back to myself after Conor sold the proud proper 12 and smashed another record.

You guys miss the rush, these fighters don’t even need to be fighting for you to get joy from this sport. I haven’t watched a fight since cowboy ate mcgregors world first shoulder strikes but I’m constantly thrilled to see McGregor rocking a new Rolex, and you CASUALS are missing out

Phony casual detected. 8/10 attempt, but you gave yourself away with this line. Well done regardless!

There are just a few things in my life that get my full attention. MMA isnt one of them, although I've been following it since about 2000. First PPV I ended up buying was Hughes/Gracie. Remember TUF season 1 clearly. I'm casual because other things in my life are more important to me. I don't see it as bad, I see it as having more interests.

I have noticed on sherdog if I post any TMZ links or tweets, I am called a casual. With them saying things like “I only care about the fights, not the fighters!”

So I have a question, how does this make you a hardcore and me a casual? You don’t know anything about these fighters, their diets, the brands they wear, the food they eat.

I can’t imagine you could be half as invested as somebody who really follows and care about these fighters.

Which leads me to my final point, without the emotional attachment and friendship you form with these fighters, you simply cannot have the rush of this sport as intended. I remember crying after Diaz best McGregor, and feeling down for weeks about it. I only really started getting back to myself after Conor sold the proud proper 12 and smashed another record.

You cried when Diaz won...that makes you a casual.

LOL @ everyone taking the obvious troll thread seriously!
Nice job, TS.
Sherdog IQ exposed. Probably everyone who fell for it is a manlet with a receding hairline, and a single digit shoe size too.

TMZ is the gold standard in media.

C'mon man. You totally gave it away when you said you cried when Nate beat Conor. Do you realize how much of a pussy you sound like?

I didn’t read much but it sounds like you’re crying!

Your a casual for many reasons...posting TMZ and watch pics are just some of the evidence used to make that judgement...

Other shit like saying Mcgregor was the first to throw shoulder strikes is another...

Heres a simple breakdown..

If you only care about 1 fighter or only really watch when they're fighting...your a casual

If you use personal things that happen to a fighter as a victory sport wise - aka look how much he makes though hes clearly the best...

your a casual..

If you cant be bothered to know the history of the sport or the divisions you watch - your a casual

If you watch entire fight cards - your a hardcore

If you have favorite fighters in every division - your a hardcore

If you can draw on experience from other eras to help project the future of current divisions - your a hardcore

So its not that ur a casual cuz of TMZ....

Ur a casual cuz your a mcgregor nut hugger and overall MMA NOOB
28C67D02-3070-4A93-A1F9-7A6F2FD8857D.gif

I know what fighters eat and wear , their dreams and aspirations , greatest fears , where they live , where their kids go to school , when they sleep and if they are light /heavy sleepers etc . What can I say I'm a hardcore fan ! :)

BraveLankyBluebird-size_restricted.gif

Your a casual for many reasons...posting TMZ and watch pics are just some of the evidence used to make that judgement...

Other shit like saying Mcgregor was the first to throw shoulder strikes is another...

Heres a simple breakdown..

If you only care about 1 fighter or only really watch when they're fighting...your a casual

If you use personal things that happen to a fighter as a victory sport wise - aka look how much he makes though hes clearly the best...

your a casual..

If you cant be bothered to know the history of the sport or the divisions you watch - your a casual

If you watch entire fight cards - your a hardcore

If you have favorite fighters in every division - your a hardcore

If you can draw on experience from other eras to help project the future of current divisions - your a hardcore

So its not that ur a casual cuz of TMZ....

Ur a casual cuz your a mcgregor nut hugger and overall MMA NOOB
We need jeff foxworthy to turn this into a you might be a casual thread.

You might've fooled us until you mentioned McGregor. Only a casual would cry over McGregor losing.

Back