A potential mega fight in the looming

Im not, maybe you had trouble understanding.

To put it more simply, Edgar lost to Bendo so he isn't better.

You should rewatch the second fight the 1st fight went to bendo but the 2nd went to frankie no doubt

Featherweight is already backlogged, the winner of Aldo/Edgar needs to defend that belt ASAP.

Meh, only reason it was backlogged was because they gave Koch a title shot for no reason, then KZ earned his shot, then injuries took them both out and gave it to Edgar. Both Koch and KZ need to win another a fight before they get shots now.

Henderson-Edgar II reminds me of Shogun's controversial decision loss to Machida. The fans know who the better fighter is based on the actual fight, and it's hard to accept bad judging.

The difference is, shogun won their second fight decisively and left no doubt. If Machida had won the second fight in a close, but fair decision. Would you still say shogun is better?

Bendo may not have won the second according to the fans (including me) but he won the first in the eyes of fans as well as judges. At best you could say Edgar is even with him, not better.

The difference is, shogun won their second fight decisively and left no doubt. If Machida had won the second fight in a close, but fair decision. Would you still say shogun is better?

If Machida had won the 2nd fight, then yes he would have been considered better. It would have been the more current fight to go off of. Henderson-Edgar II should have gone to Edgar, just as you said yourself, therefore a lot of fans feel as if Edgar still has a right to be called the #1 LW.

Bendo may not have won the second according to the fans (including me) but he won the first in the eyes of fans as well as judges. At best you could say Edgar is even with him, not better.

Henderson won the 1st, Edgar won the 2nd. Doesn't the most recent performance sort of outweigh the past one???

When Melendez beat Josh Thomson in their 2nd fight, I think most people knew Melendez was now the better fighter. Same can be said for nearly all rematches where the fighter who wins the most recent fight is currently regarded as the better fighter.

If he beats Edgar convincingly (which I don't think he will, if he beats him at all) then yes, he should move up. If he beats Edgar up, there isn't any competition left for him at 145. Fights with Bendo, Gil, Pettis... would be fantastic.

Frankie is one of my absolute favorite fighters, but he better get a hell of alot better at checking leg kicks. And he needs to watch faber vs aldo a time or two to remember why. If his legs don't get put through the meat grinder he has a good chance of winning.

I would expect him to be able to avoid those. Only reason Bendo had any success is because he's much longer than Edgar. Aldo is faster and deadlier, but that lack of range hopefully will allow Edgar to avoid them. Or get in close enough for the takedown attempt

when edgar beat someone pretty handily?

Sean Sherk, BJ Penn, Matt Veach (yeah yeah you're going to say Veach is a "can") but they were all at a higher weight class. Big Guys, Edgar will be fighting guys closer to his size now. Which will make a huge difference.

Frankie is one of my absolute favorite fighters, but he better get a hell of alot better at checking leg kicks. And he needs to watch faber vs aldo a time or two to remember why. If his legs don't get put through the meat grinder he has a good chance of winning.

for guys with frankie 's cardio they should make fights 10 rounds.

pfft well he didnt beat him he lucked out.

Lucked out? He easily won the first 3 rounds, and had his moments in the 5th too.

The only clear round Edgar won was the 4th. I'd give him the 5th too making it 3-2 Aldo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back