A potential mega fight in the looming

Dana said he wouldnt allow someone to hold belts in both divisions since it just makes both divisions jammed since the champ will defend in both weight classes.

Plus Edgar is going to beat Aldo, pretty handily too.
Frankie is one of my absolute favorite fighters, but he better get a hell of alot better at checking leg kicks. And he needs to watch faber vs aldo a time or two to remember why. If his legs don't get put through the meat grinder he has a good chance of winning.

Last edited:
It's not high standards, it's reality.

MMA isn't a popular enough sport and it's been noted previously that the casual fans don't really care for any fighters besides GSP, Anderson, Jones and the heavyweights.

They care very little about the lighter weight classes.

If we to a boxing scale, a "super fight" would be something like Mayweather vs. Cotto and a "mega fight" would be something like Mayweather vs. Pacquiao even if he was KOed by M

edgar > henderson

aldo v. edgar is the superfight. henderson.. whatever

aldo vs edgar will turn out like aldo vs homminck.... if aldo doesnt put edgar away in the first 3 rounds.... edgar going to finish with a wrestling clinic on aldo

i see aldo retaining the belt

on a side note:if a fighter is capable of fighting in two different weight classes and making the cuts with no issues... champion or not they should be allowed...
UFC
is protecting their ability to have PPV covered with 2 champions with two separate belts rather than for example anderson silva holding multiple belts and holding up multiple divisions of contenders taking their shot and thus cutting down the amount of PPV containing a title fight

Aldo vs. Edgar isn't a "super fight," much less is it a "mega fight" and neither would Aldo vs. Bendo.

The term super fight gets thrown around to loosely around here.

The only real super fights in MMA are GSP vs. Anderson and Anderson vs. Jones. Not even Jones vs. Cain would be a super fight yet. Cain isn't popular enough for that fight to be considered a super fight yet.

agreed.

fights like Penn - Gsp are superfights imo

Is Mega fight>Super fight?
If so what supersedes a mega fight? An uber fight?

If jose aldo wins he should stay at FW and defend his belt a little longer.
Maybe some day in the future he could move up.

In the looming?

Anyways, seeing as though Edgar is the real LW champ, Aldo vs Edgar IS the super fight.

really bad boxing examples because both Cotto and Pacquiao just got beat convincingly so I have no idea how big of fights you think those are.
Mayweather vs. Cotto happened last year and was a somewhat of a "super fight."

Pacquiao losing or not, a fight between him and Mayweather would still be the biggest fight in boxing and would be a mega fight.

In the looming?

Anyways, seeing as though Edgar is the real LW champ, Aldo vs Edgar IS the super fight.

People should stop with the "Edgar is the real champion". Benson Henderson is the REAL LW champion right now and no amount of butthurt crying in the Internet is going to change that. No matter what your opinion about the fight is, it's the judges' opinion that matters, not yours.

ps. I thought the second fight maybe should've gone to Edgar, but it didn't. Deal with it.

Henderson will lose his belt once he faces Pettis. This time via Showtime Punch.

edgar > henderson

aldo v. edgar is the superfight. henderson.. whatever

Based on what is edgar > henderson?

Bendo 2 - 0 Edgar doesnt suggest that. Even if you make the case for Edgar being the better fighter in the second, Bendo was better in the first and also did more damage. Edgar is more of a point fighter, he's at the same level but i wouldn't say better than Bendo.

If Aldo Could win the LHW belt he would vacate the FW im sure

I honestly believe that Aldo can beat any LW on the planet.

You have very high standards. Arguably the best LW in the world dropping down a division to face the FW champion. Sounds like a "Super Fight" to me.

He only defended his belt twice, with at least 4 guys up for contention. How about you let bendo defend it 3-4 more times before calling him the best LW in the world. Both fights with Frankie were closer than they should've been, and the nate fight was a thrashing, but I don't think that is enough to make him best in the world.

I would consider it a mega fight by UFC standards since both guys would be champions, FW champion vs LW champion. First fight of that kind in the UFC

Dana said he wouldnt allow someone to hold belts in both divisions since it just makes both divisions jammed since the champ will defend in both weight classes.

Plus Edgar is going to beat Aldo, pretty handily too.

when edgar beat someone pretty handily?

Back