a note from relson gracie

NC Grappling1 said:
I know this is not a quote directly from you, but rather something Relson supposedly said that you got from somewhere else, so please don't think I'm mocking you. Joe was, in fact, a World's champion as a blue belt...I just think that's one hell of a thing for an "okay" blue belt to do.

No problem buddy. He trained with Relson until blue belt so I would think he was awesome because up to blue we have the same teacher. Again summarized Relson on that.

I agree winning the blue belt Worlds is an awesome accomplishment and hope to do the same one day. Many of Relson's students to blue belt win the worlds including Kendall Goo, Egan Inouye and Steve Barta from Hawaii. I am sure there are many others that I don't know of who did train with Relson and won the blue belt worlds so guys that accomplished this feat please forgive me for not mentioning your names. Relson says that I am ready for the Worlds this year too but its only been one year as a blue and I feel training in Europe can only help me out so maybe next year.

Since you seem very knowledgeable and non aggresive do you have any knowledge of Joe's competitions from purple to black? I'm not being sarcastic or anything but a lot of people say he never competed after the blue and I'm just wondering if you had knowledge of wins at purple, brown and black. If he did compete after winning blue you probably would shine some light on that area.

A recent post stated that:

"I can understand his reaction to a guy who is making money off of his family name; that's just not right. The Gracie name is the most popular one in the world of fighting and misusing the name for profit, without affiliation, should be just as bad as doing the same in any other business."

It is sad that people post remarks damaging someones reputation without making sure they know the facts. The following is from the Brazillian Press.

Press Release

International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(703) 203-6268
[email protected]
http://www.cbjj.com.br/english/
Av Comandante J

Back