A Modest Proposal

jefferson

White Belt
Reaction score
Why don't they make a rule that the only people that can START a thread is someone who has done one of these things:
1) been here for more than three months
2) achieved an orange belt
3) been approved/sponsered by a mod.(to be approved you would have to not troll, cuss say "ttt" or "agreed" or "rickson by armbar" or fighter bash)
this wouldn't stop the newbies from posting dumb stuff within a thread,(which is of course their right) it would just de-populate the front page of flat -out trolling, stupid, offensive threads.
also....video threads belong in the media section....that's why there is a media section.
and make an updated FAQ required reading ( I say updated because nobody has used "romo" in more than a year) if they have to read the FAQ they have no excuse for asking questions that have been answered a thousand times.
whitebelts, we are not against you, we are against the retards who wish to shit on what can be a cool place to post.

#3 would be extremely hard on the mods. Sherdog has a LOT of members. I won't argue with the other ones. But then again that's easy for me to say. Still, it would cut down on the number of trolls.

cut down on the trolls, but the site would be a hell of alot quiter :(

SuperSuperRambo said:
#3 would be extremely hard on the mods. Sherdog has a LOT of members. I won't argue with the other ones. But then again that's easy for me to say. Still, it would cut down on the number of trolls.
yeah i threw 3 in there for the sake of the rare newbie that proves to be a credit to this place...newbies should lurk and post rarely and try to learn...i did it when i first came here...

jefferson said:
Why don't they make a rule that the only people that can START a thread is someone who has done one of these things:
1) been here for more than three months
3) been approved/sponsered by a mod.(to be approved you would have to not troll, cuss say "ttt" or "agreed" or "rickson by armbar" or fighter bash)
this wouldn't stop the newbies from posting dumb stuff within a thread,(which is of course their right) it would just de-populate the front page of flat -out trolling, stupid, offensive threads.
also....video threads belong in the media section....that's why there is a media section.
and make an updated FAQ required reading ( I say updated because nobody has used "romo" in more than a year) if they have to read the FAQ they have no excuse for asking questions that have been answered a thousand times.
whitebelts, we are not against you, we are against the retards who wish to shit on what can be a cool place to post.

Good idea. Lets start with you. Deleate your post since you do not fit the requirement

I would say allow whitebelts only 3 thread starts till yellowbelt

#2 should be wiped off because some people have achieved that in less than a week...

Meyhem X said:
cut down on the trolls, but the site would be a hell of alot quiter :(
trust me this place has THRIVED without all the crap we've seen lately.

richieb19 said:
I would say allow whitebelts only 3 thread starts till yellowbelt

Sounds reasonable... that or only start one thread a week or something. I know posting in the Weight Training forum was a big help to me when I was a WB looking for some advice. Certainly no need to go starting a lot of threads though, you can only ask so many questions that the search function can't find for you.

Some new people know what they're talking about. Feel free to look at everything I've posted and show me one that isn't good. Some white belts say dumb crap, so do yellow and orange belts. I've seen orange belts make post dumber than the dumbest white belt post I've seen. Do what I do, live with the assumption that everybody is an idiot, then when they prove you right you expected it and if they prove you wrong it's a pleasant suprise.

jefferson said:

Unless I'm color blind... by your rules this thread would have never been created.

On that note, I do not think that belt rank correlates well to the quality of posts (As the person above me also stated). There are a ton of people on here that earned their high belt ranks by making tons of posts along the lines of "STFU NOOB!!!!" or "FEDOR WOULD PWN HIM!!!!!!!" and my personal favorite, "PRIDE PWNS UFC!!!!!!", and we cant forget the ever so common posting something that was said on the last page because the person didnt bother to read the whole thread before responding.

I've actually noticed that a lot of the best posts I have seen come from white belts, and I am assuming that this is because they only post when they have something worthwhile to offer.

Although I don't think that it's possible, I would be in favor of the moderator approval.

yea i guess that is alright even though i don't want to start threads

In my opinion, belt rank should be based on a valadation system. For example, on other boards people have the opportunity to give you a positive valadation for your post or a negative valadation, and this is a much more accurate way of assessing someone's status on a board than simply how many times they have posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back