a lot of noobs showed their true colors (about diaz)

Amazing. You found gifs from before the days of the internet to make your case about how Nick will still look good in 2021

I don’t think anybody is trying to make a case about about how he will do outside the jabrones of your ilk.

people who know better are just saying his interviews are nothing to base a prediction off of. And we should all want him to look great out of respect for what he’s provided.

TS I agree....but at the same time, a lot of non-noobs didn't understand him from 03-13 either.

He doesn't fit nicely in any box, and that confuses many simplistic thinkers. And let's be honest about our sport....it attracts simpletons.

lol no he didnt... he said if he lost he would LIKE TO SEE IT....thats a very big stretch from him thinking it was expected. Nick also knows he has star power so hes thinking along the lines of entertainment
He said he thinks he should be fighting Usman instead of Robbie.. Typical Delusional Diaz…

so many of you guys are acting shocked at the way nick diaz is acting lol. It just shows me that you really have no clue who you are watching. The dude simply has social anxiety and doesnt like talking to people or addressing his feelings. YES hes scared lol. Yes hes mentally asking him self why hes there because thats a normal reaction to fear. Fear doesnt mean shit...Hes going to go in there and fight his ass off. Im not saying that hes going to win or lose (i think he wins)..but So many of you talking about him not wanting to do this lol.. Just know that you probably dont really know much about nick diaz. This is par for the course....Also i think he looked pretty good with all the talk of him being out of shape. Nick is fine lol
I've watch him for 15 years, he has a well documented problem with alcohol abuse, and I'm assuming he fell off the wagon recently which is why this fight was changed to 185.

Im guessing he has come back as he is low on money that he spent on partying.

However, Robbie Lawler is old now, so it won't be that bad, but he is an addict in depseration, that's all this fight is.

I hope he doesn't get too hurt.

I was thinking this while reading all these Diaz threads. A bunch of noobs who have never seen a Nick Diaz interview or heard him talk.

He said he thinks he should be fighting Usman instead of Robbie.. Typical Delusional Diaz…

Taking his utterances verbatim will lead to resentment and contempt, I do get that. I think most of us fans don't actually take every utterance he makes so seriously.

I mean, it's one thing to follow a Presidential candidate around and get every quote and parse it for meaning. But this is Nick Diaz. He just says shit. Sometimes it's funny. Often it's sorta sad. But rarely should it be taken very seriously.

I think he seems way more mature now, more chill now, and, honestly, he’s much better in interviews now than he used to be IMO. He used to seem soooo awkward in interviews, uptight posture, and answer each question with like only 5-10 words. Now, he’s delivering complete answers when asked questions and seems a bit more comfortable. I think Nick grew up and happy to see it.

Diaz is so overrated. Statistics never lie.

3as25.jpg
was that the fight where diaz broke KJ’s jaw?

Where are we with this?

"But but but he does triathlons".

"but but but Nick's always been like this". No, he hasn't always come into fights saying he doesn't want to fight. It was hardly had a shock that he quit to anyone paying attention.

Thread is stupid.

Been watching Nick since the beginning, it was clear that hes not the same guy anymore.

Fuckin sad as shit to see him go out like that. Hes still the man though

It's funny how many people on this forum cling onto the past. Pride never die! Lol.

I always thought of Nick Diaz as more of "Reluctant Hero" type but you're right though, the dudes clearly an Introvert that fell ass backwards into Fame and Popularity he probably never wanted or cared for, but since he has such an Authentic personality and is a Fighter's Fighter he became real popular. If we consider his statements at the Press Conference about Fans and Media only showing support for 2 weeks leading up to a fight it's not hard to see how he feels about the Fight Game and why he's not a big fan.
Yeah he is relatable and your summary of him is accurate. We're all that awkward stoner or dropout deep down.

What I bet had him shook too is the corporate protocols that he never had to go through back when fighting was like a circus act.
Hes like an mma Encino man

Back