a lot of noobs showed their true colors (about diaz)

Meaning you guys who haven't been here very long, yet claim to know everything about the guy.

"he looks like he doesn't want to be there, durrrrrr. I can see he's going to lose"

You guys weren't there through his career, and probably never watched him interview until today. He's stated over and over again he hates media obligations, but it's something you'd easily know if you didn't start watching MMA from the Conor era when retardation set in.

very well put. thank you

Oh, haha! I’m dumb. Thanks for the clarification.
It was hilarious. Diaz dominated Noons. Then the statistics came up, which were obviously wrong, and the commentators were acting as if the statistics were somehow right. It was bizzaro land.

DentalHeftyDormouse-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_nvm1orDv7P1u2ragso1_500.gif

Amazing. You found gifs from before the days of the internet to make your case about how Nick will still look good in 2021

TS, I have seen all of Nick's fights and I have been around for awhile. I think Nick may have issues in this fight because:

1. Well documented partying life style and rumor of alcoholism
2. Face/ eyes look bad - like an old man
3. He looks softer than I have ever seen him before
4. Time away from the game - it is hard to replicate a real fight in training
5. Lawler is clearly declining but has been active fighting the top guys
6. Requesting the fight be moved to 185 shows lack of discipling, a bad sign for fighters
7. History of guys away from the game for years making come-backs is not good, ie Chuck Liddell.

I could be wrong but there is enough evidence to support potential issues for Nick in this fight.

Nick said during the presser that the winner of his fight with Lawler is supposed to get the title shot against Usman. Dude is way off and seems like Robbie will steamroll him.

TS, I have seen all of Nick's fights and I have been around for awhile. I think Nick may have issues in this fight because:

1. Well documented partying life style and rumor of alcoholism
2. Face/ eyes look bad - like an old man
3. He looks softer than I have ever seen him before
4. Time away from the game - it is hard to replicate a real fight in training
5. Lawler is clearly declining but has been active fighting the top guys
6. Requesting the fight be moved to 185 shows lack of discipling, a bad sign for fighters
7. History of guys away from the game for years making come-backs is not good, ie Chuck Liddell.

I could be wrong but there is enough evidence to support potential issues for Nick in this fight.

a lot of this stuff has simple answers IMO

1.) i think that shit is over blown. Look at jon jones for example lol..The issue isnt really in the partying the issue is if you allow the partying to keep you from training. I dont think nick was partying durring his camp or anything either..
2.) hes 38 lol, he is suppose to look older in his face,99% of people look fatter from the time they are 30 to 40. he is
normal in that regard.
3.) I agree, but that time away means he wasnt in wars like robbie was. Robbie has been in some BRAWLS with Rory and Johnny hendrix not even talking about the beatings hes taken recently. So thats the wild card IMO..does time away from the game lead to the same level of decline as fight miles?
4.) I agree but i think that could come down to trying to cut weight for the first time as an older dude. I think he realized he was going to be comprimsed and decided to avoid the cut. I think the fact that he doesnt have to do it is a good think rather than what would have happened if they did do it. That said he could have just missed weight and fucked robbie..at least he didnt.
5.)Agree for sure bro and thats what worries me. Im actually a big robbie fan. But he hasnt looked good in YEARS. The beast version of robbie wouldnt let cerrone out of the first round. Let alone lose to guys like RDA or magny. Hes jsut totally shot. That makes me think that if nick isnt shot hes going to roll over robbie and if hes also shot then we have a close fight on our hands. I hate to bring this up....but robbie hasnt really been the same since USADA either. Maybe thats age, maybe not.
6.) this kinad relates to number 2. yes i think it was unprofessional to do this but its actually the better of the two options. Lets jsut imagine he didnt say anything and had a horrible weight cut. Its jsut diaz balls to even try to do it lol and it worked. Also he probably learned the hard way that weight cuts dont go the same when you are pushing 40. As i said earlier im just glad that he gave robbie the fair chance to not cut the weight too.
7.) why not use GSP as a comparison? the chuck one isnt valid at all. the dude was a shell of him self before leaving and got KTFO a lot of times and was already showing signs of CTE before qutting. Nick got an unfair suspenseion that he parlayed into an early retirment. we arent talking about someone who was truly retired coming back. we have to be fair here. Its not for sure hes going to show sings of wear and tear. i dont like this comparison.

thanks for the conversation btw...i like all of your talking points and i admit you could also be dead accurate. This is just how i see it.

Nick said during the presser that the winner of his fight with Lawler is supposed to get the title shot against Usman. Dude is way off and seems like Robbie will steamroll him.

lol no he didnt... he said if he lost he would LIKE TO SEE IT....thats a very big stretch from him thinking it was expected. Nick also knows he has star power so hes thinking along the lines of entertainment

lol no he didnt... he said if he lost he would LIKE TO SEE IT....thats a very big stretch from him thinking it was expected. Nick also knows he has star power so hes thinking along the lines of entertainment
I clearly remember he said that when answering to one of the questions from the media. I will check it later.

I clearly remember he said that when answering to one of the questions from the media. I will check it later.

not saying your totally wrong..but im saying the way he said it wasnt that of someone telling him..just what HE thinks should happen. I know exactly what your talking about. He literally said "if i lose id like to see robbie get it"...thats nto the same thing as you implied. Hes not too crazy just still the same level IMHO

edit

2:45

What proper colors should a noob be showing lol?

What proper colors should a noob be showing lol?

good question..i dont blame them if they dont know how diaz is. good point...im just helping those who are newer get a different perspective. they think hes gonna fold because he doesnt want to be there and thats not the case.

I understand what you said here, and Nick was always a lil weirdo.

But I was one kinda worried about him, not for anything he said, but for what I’ve seen in his training scenes.
That shadowboxing was ugly, dude seems like he don’t have his feet firmly under his body. That was 59 yo Holyfield esque.

so many of you guys are acting shocked at the way nick diaz is acting lol. It just shows me that you really have no clue who you are watching. The dude simply has social anxiety and doesnt like talking to people or addressing his feelings. YES hes scared lol. Yes hes mentally asking him self why hes there because thats a normal reaction to fear. Fear doesnt mean shit...Hes going to go in there and fight his ass off. Im not saying that hes going to win or lose (i think he wins)..but So many of you talking about him not wanting to do this lol.. Just know that you probably dont really know much about nick diaz. This is par for the course....Also i think he looked pretty good with all the talk of him being out of shape. Nick is fine lol

not saying your totally wrong..but im saying the way he said it wasnt that of someone telling him..just what HE thinks should happen. I know exactly what your talking about. He literally said "if i lose id like to see robbie get it"...thats nto the same thing as you implied. Hes not too crazy just still the same level IMHO

edit

2:45

Yeah, it's the question and the answer I'm talking about. I don't know if someone told him anything or they were just his own thoughts, but man...you can't call someone like that anything other than lunatic. When I'm looking at Robbie I'm seeing a sane man. When I'm looking at Diaz I'm starting to think he's handicapped. He just looks off and I'm getting recent Holyfield vibes.

Yeah, it's the question and the answer I'm talking about. I don't know if someone told him anything or they were just his own thoughts, but man...you can't call someone like that anything other than lunatic. When I'm looking at Robbie I'm seeing a sane man. When I'm looking at Diaz I'm starting to think he's handicapped. He just looks off and I'm getting recent Holyfield vibes.

lol well this is the same guy who would clearly lose a fight and then say right after in the ring that he won right? lol so what im getting at is i dont think this points to a sign of anything different. if everything is the same i have to favor nick because we know robbie aint the same lol.

ill never forget anytime he would lose a decision it was ALWAYS the wrong call in his mind.

lol well this is the same guy who would clearly lose a fight and then say right after in the ring that he won right? lol so what im getting at is i dont think this points to a sign of anything different. if everything is the same i have to favor nick because we know robbie aint the same lol.

ill never forget anytime he would lose a decision it was ALWAYS the wrong call in his mind.
I understand your point of view. We are about to find out soon and we will see which one of us was closer to the truth :D

who the fuck even cares who knows what about Nick Diaz?? OP is taking that elitist angle where he's acting like he's NIck's brother in law or some shit.
<LikeReally5>

The legitimate worry about Nick is that he is old and looks old. Also, that he hasn't fought in 6 years and was on a 3 fight losing(albeit competitive) streak when he retired. What evens it out is that Robbie is also old, more battle worn and on a really bad losing streak where he has been atypically gunshy.

All this talk about Nick's behavior are just people who expected him to come out acting like Nate because, like you said, they only know the Diaz's through becoming interested in MMA because of McGregor.

Last edited:
Back