A-Level Alert: 6'8" NBA-Level First-Round Draft Pro Athlete Targets UFC

I'm a Houston rockets fan. Royce has mental issues including severe anxiety. He feared flying. His nba career didn't pan out because of mostly mental problems and not being reliable. On top of that he is not super gifted athletically. He was a talented basketball player though.
I thought you got a steal when Rockets got him....he was a very good all around player in college.

He kind of reminded me of Julius Randle and somebody along the lines of Draymond but not the defense.

He legit had all star potential.....

You young guys who missed Pride completely ignore the Bushido factor.

We have know idea of his level of Bushido.

Yolo is 1 foot shorter than this guy.

This A+ level athlete would rest his beer on Romeros head.

PS: On a serious note, Romero might be the best athlete in MMA history

Brock Lesnar is bigger and way more athletic.

Never heard of him .... and I like basketball

Being tall is not inherently advantageous, ask Stefan Struve. And picking up MMA when you're 30 also isn't usually a winning formula, especially with no other combat sports background. If he makes it through the amateur scene he would probably get stomped in the UFC, but hey I'd love to be wrong.
being tall and athletically gifted is absolutely a winning formula and age means absolutely nothing to someone with those kinds of gifts. you are scared that UFC fighters are about to get exposed for the bums that they are and that martial arts is more about physical gifts than technique because it means all your years playing footsie in your jiujitsu dojo means nothing when up against a genetically superior specimen

being tall and athletically gifted is absolutely a winning formula and age means absolutely nothing to someone with those kinds of gifts. you are scared that UFC fighters are about to get exposed for the bums that they are and that martial arts is more about physical gifts than technique because it means all your years playing footsie in your jiujitsu dojo means nothing when up against a genetically superior specimen
The taller fighter loses the majority of the time. Being taller is a disadvantage in martial arts.

I hope this guy’s mental health has improved, back in the day he was a total head case. My impression was he was a lot like Chidi from the Good Place, paralyzed by decisions, and flying…

Being tall is not inherently advantageous, ask Stefan Struve. And picking up MMA when you're 30 also isn't usually a winning formula, especially with no other combat sports background. If he makes it through the amateur scene he would probably get stomped in the UFC, but hey I'd love to be wrong.

It's better to have combat background, but not at all farfetched:

(Travis Browne) played basketball and won the 2000 Coastal North League Player of the Year while attending high school in San Diego and then continued his career at Palomar College. Browne had no martial arts experience before being introduced to Brazilian jiu-jitsu at the age of 26.
That's a nothing college, not NBA level.

Walt Harris was a college basketball player who converted, too.

Hopefully he takes to getting punched in the face better than Brawk did, that’s an important variable people don’t take into consideration...

All that athleticism, height, and reach won’t mean much if he has a Garbrandt level chin, or turtles like Brawk would after getting chin checked.

That’s why I’m impressed with Greg Hardy, dude doesn’t seem phased by getting hit, by HW’s no less, if he steadily improves like h has, gas tank included he will soon be elite.

He was def not known to be an elite athlete but he’s still more athletic than 99% of the UFC. Let’s see how he takes a punch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back